OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Hey again Alyson.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

Hey Alyson..been following u on FB.

Oh Mary,Mary...a few ladies invited me to play domino,s...it's still not poker but I'm makin baby steps.

Tomorrow they play 500Rummy...havnt played those games since I was a kid but u no me I'm a gambler..

Now if only Veggy would show up.....hope she is doin ok....would love to call her but I'm afraid she might be sleeping.

I'm gonna play the waiting game but not for long.

• marywh

Hey firecracker (ha Ha) missed your post yesterday, I love 500, dh and I play that all the time.Hope you have fun. Scottiee hows your trip going? Not too many shooters I hope. Been feeling like shit now for about a week, Im having a hard time accepting that Im going to have to do this chemo the rest of my life, yuck.....

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Hugs Mary.......

• marywh

Thanks Duckster...

• FireKracker

Mary Mary here comes a big hug from the firecracker.

Tomorrow I'm gonna play rummykub ...have u played it?

I did a long time ago

Still miss my poker men..

• marywh

Believe it or not that is my very favorite game. My mom and I used to play it and now that shes gone my sisters and I play it whenever were together. I love it.

• duckyb1

Played down the shore with the grands and my kids......so many we played with 2 decks of cards....that was a challenge..lol.....love the game.

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

I've been quietly lurking here however you may have heard me giggling on occasion. It has been quiet for a bit. What are you ladies up to?

• marywh

Welcome, dont lurk join us! We have been quiet, few of us are out of town, not feeling well etc...We do need to get going it is floundering a bit. Firecracker (i cant get used to calling you that). How was your rummikub game? I just got done playing hearts on line, I WON!!!! against the computer too!  I cant post pictures but I can beat the computer at games!!!!!!Alyson, I hope you"ll check in from time to time. and Scottiee, I hope somebody is keeping an eye on you. We all know about the wild streak!Wink 

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

I don't do FB, so if Altson doesn't check in would somebody tell what she's up to?

• FireKracker

Welcome lurker

We can use some new blood on this thread.

Mary,Mary...I did play rummykub today.it all came right back to me how to play.it was fun.still miss my poker tho.

One lady wants to teach me Mah Jong next week.im goin to learn that too.

I also play on the puter Texas Holdem ...yeah it's fun beating it.

I'm waiting to hear from Alyson..I just hope veggy is up to doing this.

Don't worry about Scottiee...I'm sure that wild one can take care of herself.

Get used to my new name.Grannydukes is gonna be used only on occasions

I'm now Firecracker.

Ill be back. Xo

• dutchiris

Thank you for the welcome. My parents have a rummikub game. We play games when we get together for the holidays but we haven't played that in a very long time. I haven't had much energy left by the time I get home from work. Wednesday will be my last radiation treatment for a total of 37 treatments including 9 boosts. How is veggy doing?

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

HMMMmmmm, yes i remeber 500 rummy .........but there also was basebal 500. A batter threw up the ball and hit it. There were three catchers in a line down the middle of the street. Seems there were numbers for distance hit. Forget that. We just liked to be able to play. With 500 you only needed 4. Anyone remember the game?

• marywh

Veggy, please check in I pm'd you once, dont want to be a bug but....we worry about you. I have never played mah jong, it looks confusing, I saw it listed on  the on-line games Ive suddenly gotten addicted to....I do love games. We play mexican train too. Thats with dominoes.

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790

I'm back!!!!!!! Had a great time in Ottawa and met up with two of our sisters. If you go to the Canadian thread there is one pic posted of the three of us. Wonderful funny gals.

I'm exhausted however....spent a good deal of my time playing with a two year old and a very energetic poodle...OMG...have mercy, I'm way too old for that game. But it did my heart good ....oh I so want to be a "granny".....my boys are not helping, they don't even have steady girlfriends!!!!!

Mary.....I hear you about the chemo.....❤

Granny.....you back to your old tricks...ha ha ha ....card tricks, that is.

Veggy....Granny is right...gve us more than one word sentences.....unless you're still feeling lousy. How ARE yiu feeling BTW ?

PS...came home yesterday and went straight to my walk in clinic as both my legs and ankles were so swollen....said it could be my meds or the traveling, but not a blood clot as both legs are affected. Have to rest with my feet up....such a chore.....😋

Later gals ....love you all....❤

• dutchiris

Lovely picture Scottie. Glad you had a great time.

• Scottiee1

Dutchiris......forgive me.....welcome....a great bunch of crazy women here, of which I'm not one.....😎😷😋.....word of warning.....don't mention the word "pink" when you are talking to Granny.....bad things will happen.....lol

• marywh

Ok I need my buddies to tell me if Im overreacting. ds was here today working on my patio. future dil comes over to hang out for a while. She proceeds to talk non-stop for an hour about the wedding, blah,blah blah and then proceeds to plop down in my chair and take a nap. When ds and dh get done working on the patio, ds proceeds to lay down on the couch and also promptly falls asleep too. Dh and I are ready to go eat dinner and say so. neither of them move so we just left them there, thinking they would get up and go home...Get back from dinner, and guess what?ds is still snoozing and fdil is making herself at home on my computer. It just really irritated the hell out of me. They have their own house , go sleep there. am I overreacting?

• dutchiris

I've been lurking here for a while and learned a few things. No pink talk around the firecracker and ducky is the oldest, smartest, prettiest, sexiest, funniest one. I'm not sure why she wanted to be the oldest one. Seniority maybe?

• marywh

ducky also didnt tell you she was the most full of sh&*Tongue Out

• dutchiris

I shouldn't believe everything I read eh?

• marywh

Weellll, just kidding I love you Ducky...

• marywh

And hey Scottiee Im glad you had a good time and are back in 1 piece. Playing with little kids and dogs will wear you out faster than anything. I got chased around the house yesterday by 3 year old grandson with a fly swatter. He was pretending I was 1 rather large fly-ha ha. Firecracker, I pm'd you.

• Scottiee1

Mary.....darling....don't sweat the small stuff.....obviously your future DIL feels comfortable in your home....that's a good thing.....❤

Dutchiris.......Mary is right about Ducky..ha ha ha .......BUT truly I'm the sexiest.....😎

• FireKracker

Soooo Scottiee ur back and exhausted...well welcome home

Did u no that Ducky changed my name to firecracker?no more granny.

Did ducky tell u she has a pilot boyfriend? If she didnt she will.

Mary,Mary..please don't sweat the small stuff.

Veggy---where in the world are you?everyone is worried about u.

Dutch--I am the craziest. Don't forget never mention the pink in front of me...Scottiee is right bad things will happen.Besides being crazy I come from Brooklyn,Italian and I'm a Scorpio...

Now how is everyone else?

Please pray for Veggy.She is away for too long.

Huggggs the firecracker.xo

• FireKracker

I just posted a prayer chain on Facebook for Veggy.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Evening all from a hot sticky New York.  Saw Chicago tonight which was fun. Today did a harbour cruise and went up the Empire State. tomorrow off to Boston by train and I hope to write up the first week of our trip and sort out some photos.

Have found New York so tiring  but lots of fun.Loved Vancouver BC

• duckyb1

Dutch....Mary is right...I am FOS..........really, and not because I tell stories....

Okay............Metamucil anyone.........LOL, LOL, LOL

• marywh

DUCKY YOU KNOW WE ALL LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!