OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Tell your DH to ask Steve Jobs about the "natural" route not much research needed to do that.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Shira.....demand the oncotype......my Dx was just like yours...my surgeon did an oncotype.......better then wondering if no Chemo was the way to go......I came back an 8... Very low score..........ask for it, demand they do it.....I was 76 years old and they still did it........better to be safe then sorry

Remember....it's your body.......don't get pushed around by anyone, not even your Doctors......make your demands..........speak up.....ask questions, and demand answers......and if you do not understand what they said......ask till you do........it is not an easy road, but you can make it better.....the more you know......the better you will be.......good luck....

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

Hi Shira

Guess u heard all about my potty mouth.

Don't even get me started

Best advice I can give you is dont mention the pink shit.OK?

Veggy..it doesn't look like we are goin to see Mary,Mary...or are we?

Ill be back

Grannydukes

• duckyb1

Shira......also forgot to mention.....in this nut house I am the oldest, smartest, prettiest, sexiest, funniest, one.......and also a member of the Mile High Club.......ask anyone on here .......they will agree... .RIGHT LADIES.........quiet GRANNY.........just agree with me....

• Shira
    Shira Member Posts: 9

Hi gardengumby, if I am looking at the pathology report correctly, which I am not sure I am, then ER is 95% and PR is also 95%. 

Spookiesmom, I told my husband about what happened to Steve Jobs, and he had some answer to explain it away.  It's things like what happened to Steve Jobs that make me go more towards the conventional, but my husband is well beyond unfortunately Frown.  Did I mention my husband smokes cigarettes (not in the house though).  Yes, mr. natural smokes!

Ducky, I am confused about the Onco type test.  For all my conventional talk, I am not sure I would go ahead with chemo as a preventative measure, unless it changed my odds completely.  Is Onco Type only to determine if Chemo would help, or does it tell you the chances of the cancer coming back overall?  Also, if I am pre-menopausal, does that make a difference?  Last, I read that grade 1 means the cancer is least distinguishable from normall cells, so chemo may not be that effective since chemo targets cells that are moving fast.  This may not be the right thread for this, and I haven't researched much yet, but feel free to pm me.

Grannydukes, omg you are too funny!  I am afraid to ask about the pink shit (there, I swore)?

Ducky, just saw your last post, got it, lol!

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

Of COURSE you're right, Ducky!!!

(sshhhhh, just agree with her - she'll be fine, as long as you agree with her....  )

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921

Shira, Sometimes the onco test is a surprise. I've seen a couple of women whose results were unexpectedly high. Still, grade 1 is unlikely to benefit from chemo. Be sure they test the entire lump, it can vary within the tumor.

I know what you mean about the set beliefs. My Mom liked to marinate cucumber slices in vinegar before serving them. My Dad swore they were poison, despite watching us eat them for years without so much as a tummy ache.

• gardengumby

My onco score was a surprise - a good surprise, though, as my MO was expecting it to be higher.  Everything else about my pathology was very middle of the road, and she wasn't pushing either for or against chemo - said it was my decision to make.  We got the oncotest done and then there was no question.  Without the test I probably would have opted for chemo, as I was scared. 

Shira, if you are pre-menopausal then there are no choices as to what anti-hormonals you'll be given.  It'll be tamoxifen.  Either that or you'll need to have on oopherectomy or something else that will trigger menopause.  Some people do well on tamoxifen - others, not so much.  My mom took it for 10 years with no issue.  I took for 6 months with godawful issues.  I don't think there's a way to know ahead of time.  But if you're cancer is 95% estrogen positive, then antihormonals will almost undoubtedly be strongly suggested by your MO.  Some people don't have problems with them.  I've been on letrozole for about 2 years now, and every day seems to be just a bit worse.  Cancer sucks.

Wren, your Dad thought cucumbers were poison, or cucumbers sliced in vinegar were poison?  Was that just his way of saying he didn't like 'em?

• spookiesmom

Heh Heh Wren, did your dad eat dill pickles?

• duckyb1

Garden.....ditto on the tamoxifen for Shira....and your right....friend did Tamoxifen for 10 years...not one SE......arimadex now.......... zero SE's.........me Letrozole 2 years 3 months and the only SE I did not get was hot flashes........got, aches, joint pain, hair thinning, trigger fingers, swollen ankles, foot pain, ..........did I miss anything........so everyone is different.....

Just read where if you have,or lack certain genetic makeup it can effect whether or not you get SE's from AI's............guess my genes suck......lol......they did some clinical trials at University of Pa, Abramson Cancer Center in Philly........you can Google it........

• Shira
    Shira Member Posts: 9

I think the tamoxifin worries more than the rest of it, at least with where I am at now.  I am not the type to breeze through taking medications, and I already have joint pain Frown I'll have to switch over to those threads when I am done venting about my husband!

Oh, and I probably will get a second opinion before I go further than the Lumpectomy (tomorrow!) and/or be more persistant about the Onco Type Score/test.  Thanks! Shira

• FireKracker

Oh ducky!

Yes u r the funniest,prettiest and the most lovable but damn it to hell get off those friggin meds...at our age QOL is very I portent to us.

As I said to you many times I want to live my life to the fullest

Laugh,scream,dance and even run but after only one month of those friggin Al's I said he'll no...it's just not worth it..

Come vist now that I live in shits creek.

So grannydukes

• duckyb1

Your right Gran.....so right........

• FireKracker

Just do it..throw that damn bottle away and say F it.

I did it with the hormones and now I did it again with the cholesterol meds.

They too almost killed me...

Hey I'm at the point right now that #1 is QOL

Damnit I could drop dead tomorrow from all the stress my kids hand over to me sooooo

WTF I'm gonna live for the moment.

Oh I forgot another thing I'm gonna cut out is the stress.

Ya got a problem with what I do as a mother go see your loser father

Wow I'm on a roll.

See what you did Ducky.

Xoxoxo grannydukes

• duckyb1

LOL........can I say ....AMEN......love ya "firecracker".........lol

• FireKracker

Should I change my name from Grannydukes to firecracker?

Kinda like it

What do ya think?

Or Grannydukes the firecracker?

• gardengumby

I like Grannydukes the Firecracker - it suits.  :)

Shira - I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!! 

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921

My Dad thought only the cucumbers in vinegar were poison. Of course he ate pickles - but they're different, they come from a jar. As my young cousin said, I don't want milk from a cow, I want milk from a store.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

In both of the communities (Norwegion immigrants) where my parents grew up people believed cucumbers were poison and that vinigar would draw out and nutralize the poisons.  I never liked them that way, love them plain.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

K, I take it from the names you're calling it, you dont like your your new home?

• spookiesmom

Too funny Wren!

• FireKracker

Mary,Mary I do like my new home

But

It is in shits creek

What I mean by that is I'm used to big towns with lots of all kinds of people comin and goin.this is a small town that I just have to get used to

When I moved from Brooklyn to NJ my friends said I was movin to fuckbuck Egypt.

I'm a city person in my heart.

And I really moved here to be near my son who still has to go for more surgery..and of course the GGrandkids.
  • Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790

Hi ladies.....so I finally made it to Ottawa. I was supposed to catch the 2:30 but when I got to the bus terminal they told me the bus was full!!!! I got the next one at 6:30 and it got me in to Ottawa at midnight!!!! The next morning I was up at 7 playi g with a two year old and a very energetic poodle....have mercy....way too old for this stuff....lol

Tomorrow I'm meeting some gals from Ottawa and I will take pics.....I'll be the one with

her eyes closed....ha ha ha .....the GTG should be fun..we're going to have lunch somewhere near where I'm staying.

Try to behave all while I'm gone.....😜

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

K, no card playing buddies either I bet..Veggy where are you? Scottiee YOU behave yourself and no jello shooters at lunch!

• FireKracker

Mary,Mary..no card games YET..I'm workin on it tho...the senior center has card games but I'm still workin on my apt...you can bet your life ill be playin cards here too.

BTW my new name is firecracker....forget all the other ones..thank you ducky for givin it to me...I think it suits me just fine..

Yeah where is veggy??????hope she is doin good.waiting to see her...

Ill be back

Firecracker

• duckyb1

Your welcome "firecracker"......,yea it suits you.......when something pisses you off.....you explode............lol, lol

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

im here

• FireKracker

Oh veggy.....are we back to the 2 words again?

WTF..details please

Not nice to keep the firecracker wondering and waiting to see how u are doin.

I need a veggy dose ASAP.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Yes veggy, please update.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Hello from Canada.