OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Loved the doggy pic.

Veggy those were great pics. so glad u had so much fun too---such a boost.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

What a cute pup. Feeling a little better tonight, had gs this afternoon, he always cheers me up, took him to Wendys and the park, it was a beautiful day, so I took advantage of it. Wasting the days moping and worrying doesnt do any good. I think what bothered me the most is that mo told me to take a week off and get my ducks in a row...meaning what???? I was scared to ask-so I didnt.

• camillegal

Mary Ducks walk in a row by themselves--it takes yrs. to try to get them in a row--so put it in perspective. And see alot of u'r precious GS--I do and it's the best medicine that no Dr. can give.

• marywh

Your right about that-and my ducks have been in a row for over a year now. Spent the morning with dd.We hadnt done that in a long time, we went shpping and out to breakfast. Im looking for a memory book for gs. Cant find one that I like though. Kind of a scrap book that we can do together. Ive also started doing jigsaw puzzles again, keeps my mind off of things. I"ll hear what kind of chemo Ive been approved for Monday, then we're taking off for the coast for a couple days I think. That will be nice.The beach is a great place to forget your worries.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

I ave to find my ducks first before I can put them in a row. Just realized I maye losing my hair hair again for the third time either this week or next. Out comes the Henna dye if it does. Think positive.

• marywh

Oh yuck Veggy, Im sorry. What do they have you on now?

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

I'm just checking in. I've been quite busy. My family and I walked in a 4.5 mile cancer walk today. Not bad for someone who just finished rads last Wednesday. I'm tired.

Veggy and Mary, I'm sorry you are going through this.

• veggy

Gezmar is the choice of the month.

• camillegal

Mary I love that u'r going to the beach--it is relaxing and a think straight kind of thing.

Veggy again, but this may really help u and that's all that counts

(((HUGS))) and (((PRAYERS))) for both of u.

• marywh

Veggy my mo mentioned that one too, dont know anything about it though.Hope it is your magic bullet...

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Gemzar is an old drug........FDA approved in 1996 for use in metastatic Pancreatic cancer.....previous to that the only drug was 5FU.....(great name huh).......,.....which did nothing........at least not in 1991..........about 10% of PC patients live past 1 year..........my husband had Whipple surgery, and he lived 2 years, 9 month......and that was considered almost a miracle back then.......

• marywh

Off to the beach tomorrow I think. It will be nice. My sisters coming over today for our rummikub games, that will be fun.Next weekend is fdil bridal shower. Still have to go get her something.Wish I was more excited about it...for her sake..I need to try.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

Went to church yesterday...havnt gone there in quite some time

Prayed for all my sistas

Extra one for veggy and Mary,Mary...but got you all covered.

My friend who has a summerhouse in the next town came up to close the house down for the winter so after church we had an all niter playin canasta.Went out for dinner and when we came back she had no water...she just left and still no water...my GDs hubby will go over to get it straight.had lots of laughs.

Good luck Veggy with the new chemo.

Mary enjoy your game.

Huggggggs to everyone

The firecracker

• marywh

Went to church today, myself. Hadnt been in awhile, but it was boring. Geust speaker. Had to keep pinching dh to keep him awake. Oh well , its the thought that counts, right? Lost at rummikub today3-1 I just couldnt concentrate today, ah well theres always next week. Where is Scottiee? and Alyson hasnt checked in in awhile either...

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

I am here a very tired tourist and feeling alittle sad today. i said goodbye to my 90 year old aunt and she cried because she might not see us again and I cried. Hopefully we will get back. Long long trip from Pottsville to Niagara.

Hopefully over the next couple of days I will write the story of the travelling pants.

Big hugs

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790

Hi everyone....sorry MIA a little. First week back at school almost did me in....lol

Yesterday slept most of the day and today was so beautiful I went out for lunch and some shopping.

Mary, enjoy that beach, you sure deserve it......❤

Firecracker....glad youhad a good time with your friend....sounds lie you gals had a lot of fun.

Veggy....(((())))

Ducky ((()))

• veggy

Chemo land this morning.

• Alyson

For Veggy

((((((Veggy)))))))

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Scottie.....good you checked in......we were about to send Firecracker out to find you.......and you know how he gets..........phew.........

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Veggy and Mary - I'm in your pockets!!!

• marywh

oh Veggy good luck xoxo. thanks gma. Talked to mo this morning, still waiting on insurance approval, so I'll start on something next week. Good to go on the beach trip, we're leaving tomorrow morning. Trying to find a pet friendly hotel so I can take my Ziggy with me. She loves the beach and has seperation anxiety when we're gone. Takes her days to get back to normal. Heard a big pack of coyotes pretty near our house last night. It was scary,hope they dont get any closer..

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790

Ducky......lol.....yeah, firecracker would certainly kick my butt....😱

Veggy.....big hugs..(((())))

Mary....my married name is Zygouris and my two sons get called Zyggy senior and Zyggy junior ....ha ha ha

I hope firecracker survives her new job.....lol

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Veggy good luck with the new Chemo. Gemzar is a great drug.

Mary when is the HOEDOWN wedding?

Alyson that's tough leaving the olders like that, my Mom went through the same thing @ 89. Felt like every visit was the last.

• veggy

Mary - Believe it or not a big pack of coyotes woke me up early early this morning. They were too close to the house for comfort. I stayed up listening to them util they quieted down.

Alyson - Big hugs. Thanks for everything. You and you DH are so sweet.

Today's chemo adventure... normal. Everything is  fine. Just need more liquids. Forgetting I had treatment was a concern. Bigger concern that my DH forgot too but he is under too much stress. If we would had remembered then I would have remembered to take pills for SE. If I would have taken them I woul not have had all the pain and stress.  I had a true case of chemo brain.

Thanks everyone for juping in the pocket at the last minute.

HUGS

• marywh

Veggy, glad everything is ok now. Alyson Ill be glad when you get home. We miss you. Scottiee hope this week is less stressful for you. Im getting all geared up for ds wedding on Nov. 9. fdil came over tonight and told me alot of details I didnt know about. They're really excited so Im excited for them...And I might even have hair for the wedding.Ha. But as bad as my feet are no cowboy boots for me!!!Leaving for the beach in the morning, I just want to float around in a pool all day.FC hows your poker players hunting going?

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

Scottiee--U are supposed to be planning this visit to Mary,Mary..do you remember?We cannot have her keep on sayin that no one ever comes to see her.

Ducky-did you see Alyson?

Veggy darlin--you are allowed to have chemo brain.just don't forget where I live.Prayin that this new chemo is the magic bullet.

Mary,Mary...I'm settling for rummykub,500rummy and canasta.no poker players YET.enjoy the beach...

My GD and the 2boys both have strep throat and she needed me to go with her today to the dr...sooooo out came the damn mask again...welcome back!!!the kids were laughing at me...brings back such shitty memories..

The weather here has been picture perfect BUT its gonna get hot again this week...

I want the leather weather NOW..

Ill be back

Huggs

Firecracker

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Mary- i keep getting the hoedowns mixed up, ChrissyB's DD is marrying soon and your's is farther off. Her DD's is so similar to yours.  So it'll be easy enough after this month b/c chrissy's is this month.---finally have it straight.

Alyson--hope the trip continues great. Wish you were down south. I could have been a ferry so to speak. There are allot of us here.My visit with Chrissy was sooooooooo much fun. We did some unheard of things LOL

• Alyson

• marywh

Off to the beach for a couple days. you girls hold the fort down while Im gone.Be back Thurs. Im not allowed to take my computer. Love yaxoxox

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978