OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

GMA looking good...

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Gma, I had to chuckle. That's what I look like in the sun too. But no hard hat. Skin cancer is a concern, since I've already had one. But the real reason is that I burn in 15 min. By Sept. I'm the color everyone else was on day 2 of summer.

• wren44

Alyson, Certainly cause for a celebration.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Doing the Happy Dance for Alyson!  You are an inspiration!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Heh heh. Nobody would believe me when I said I was tan. Then I'd move my watch band(remember watches?). And there would be a whiter line. 

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Remember watches hahahaha--I never did wear one , still don't---but they are hugely popular now all fashion and with a big bracelet too, But wearing a watch would bring to mind I should know what time it is and not be late--won't put myself in that position . Some other position yes, but not that one.

• gmafoley

I always wore one until I got LE and couldn't fit it around my wrist.  Now everyone have their cellphones for that.

I also need prayers for my niece who is mentally slow. She is 36 years old and had to be put in a nursing home. She is having a hysterectomy on Christmas eve. She has a foot large mass in her uterus and doesn't have the part of her mental faculties to ever say, "Mom my stomach hurts". I think my sister (the one that just went through chemo for BC) feels guilty that they never found it. Niece also has a clot in her leg, so they have to do a special procedure before the surgery so the clot doesn't go to her heart. Doctor says she might not make it.

Having a rough time of it this morning - loaded with emotions the holidays always bring (my dad passed 39 years ago from pancreatic cancer, 2 days after Christmas) I can't believe I chose this timing to get off pain meds. 

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Sorry your feeling so low gma. My dad also passed away 7 years ago this dec. 13. You never get over it. In some ways, Christmas is a hard time for everybody. Have an appt. with the mo this morning, havnt been feeling good this week, and Im scared. Time for scans too.

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

GMA, so sorry your family is having these problems but your niece is lucky she has caring folks to help her through this time

• duckyb1

Gma...hugs...my husband turned jaundiced in Xmas day 1988, and was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer on Dec., 28th, 1988 and had Whipple surgery on January 3rd, 1989.........he was back on the construction in March, same year....did amazing....

Felt sick in January 1991, C-scan showed a change, in March a biopsy showed the tumor was back.....lost almost 100 lbs...between March and Sept........died Sept.2, 1991. Labor Day...

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

It is so hard to lose a loved one at Christmas time.  I lost my Father 12/11/67 and I still get very depressed this time of year.  

• gia444
    gia444 Member Posts: 8

I can so relate chabba.    I lost my mother to breast cancer when she was 59 in November.   It has been years ago now but I still get depressed remembering her this time of year.  

• camillegal

Gia do I know u, if not Hi---

I think this time of yr--gets all of us thinking about the fun times we've had over the years, no matter how many years ago it was--it was magical.

• marywh

Where is everybody? Roosting or getting ready for Christmas? I miss my favorite thread...

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

This chook is looking for some shade when she should be getting ready for Christmas. We have our main celebration Christmas Eve. Yesterday DH and I went and watched cricket - a Test Match - about 2hours away. Great day but of course nothing done and meant I had to do the church flowers first thing this morning.

Big hugs

• gmafoley

I'm on my way to bed after working all morning, doing my resignation paperwork at the fabric store and going grocery shopping.

• wren44

I haven't had internet all day. DH was on the phone to our provider for 2 hours this morning. He ended up getting a new modem and we're back on. Showed me just how addicted I am to this site.

• proudtospin

yeap been getting ready for the big day! 

Suggestion to anyone who does not like to shop...my handiman gives his son's girl friends the list and the budget......wala, they do the mall thing for him!  he said they even were proud to save money for him!  may need to try that next year myself

• duckyb1

Wow......good idea.......no young ones left, but would do that with the grands sometimes.....would say..to my kids."anything  you bought and want to get rid of, let me know"......they would even wrap it.....and the tag while they still believed always said.....FROM SANTA........

• camillegal

Proud that handyman knows how to be handy. Smart idea. My girls shop for me, or I go online--Never to stores or malls or people. haha

• proudtospin

apparently the local malls are a real treat to visit especially with some one else money to spend!  or it is for 20 somethings!

• marywh

I sent youngest ds to do my big gift shopping on Thanksgiving, I still have my stocking stuffers to buy and will probably be out along with all the other idiots on Christmas eve!!!

• marywh

Just posting to wish all my favorite chooks a Merry Christmas!!!!!!!! Love you!!!!!!

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Merry Christmas to you too, Mary and to all at BCO!

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Merry Christmas to all my friends on here.

Mary in your pocket whenever you need me. Hope you have a good Christmas and no worrying allowed.

• gmafoley

Merry Christmas - 

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

And you too Gma!  Did you and the grands make the snowman?

• camillegal

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

A Blessed and Peaceful Christmas to all! May your Holidays be Happy.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Hi chooks. Hope those celebrating are all feeling very satisfied after your dinners. Have had a great couple of days.

Big hugs