• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Alyson, love it. Looks nice and warm!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

That is so pretty, Alyson.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Beautiful, Alyson. Is that your cat or a neighbor's? Now you know the warmest place in your yard.

• marywh

Have a funny story. Gs called today, and said " Grammy I have a question to you?" Thinking he was going to ask me if he could come spend the night or something, I said "sure baby whats your question?" He says "Grammy, do you still only have 1 boob?" Out of the mouth of babes , right?

• wren44

Mary, what? it hasn't grown back yet?

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

I know Mary mine hasn't grown either. My DGD and DGS tell me that one is not real; 'that one is not real Granny is it' as they give my foob a good poke.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Kids are so funny I love it.

• spookiesmom

Neither of mine has noticed yet. 6&8. Wonder when and if they will.

• camillegal

Spookie Hmmmmm must look and feel pretty good.

• spookiesmom

Nope, flat as a pancake. No foobs or recon here

• camillegal

First of all Spookie I'm really talking to u a lot. And 2nd they didn't notice???? maybe they ust won't say anything.

• spookiesmom

I feel blab by tonight.

• camillegal

Spooky is that good or bad, like u want to talk or just igh.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

when my husband died one of my grandsons 4 years old said to me "NANNIE, YOUR SO SAD. YOU REALLY MISS POPPIE DON'T YOU.".........I SAID "YES JOEY, I DO"........HE LOOKED RIGHT INTO MY FACE AND SAID....."I KNOW NANNIE, THAT IS WHY EVERY NIGHT WHEN I GO TO BED I PRAY FOR YOU TO DIE, SO YOU CAN BE WITH POPPIE"......,,,.

FRIGGIN HYSTERICAL........

• wren44

Spookiesmom, Are they boys or girls? I wouldn't be too surprised if boys didn't notice. I think girls would tho. I don't think my GS have noticed (the little ones). The big ones know, but their Mom probably threatened them if they said anything rude.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Spookie I am pleased to say that you are the right way up now cause on my phone you were sideways? Don't feel blah we are here. No one, do you hear is allowed in the basement.

Wren, my DGD like Mary's DGS asked very early about it and accepts that it is the way things are. DGS only knows because his sister explained it to him. I have been quite happy to talk to young friends about it. They just accept.

Ducky how did you cope with what Joey said it is so priceless cause he was really thinking about you?

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Ok I trust you all so.... I know this is a silly question and a bit embarrassing for me but here goes: With this cold weather, I swear my breast without a nipple gets that same sensation, I call it getting "Nipplie" with the cold. It is driving me nuts. It also makes the nerve pain worse (they lowered my dose of Gralise). Any suggestions on what to do about it? Does anyone else have this issue?

• duckyb1

Alyson.....I said....."oh thank you Joey, but I really don't want to see him that soon".....he is 26 now, and we still laugh about it........

• marywh

Gma, I still have sensations of having that boob, even though its been gone for 3 years. They call it phantom sensations. I don't think theres a darn thing you can do about it.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895

Gma,

I still get weird feelings too. I still have the areolas but no nipples. There is no feeling when touched like when putting on lotion or anything, but sometimes I "feel" things and look down to see what the heck it is. Nothing of course! I also asked my RO why I can't feel anything but they can still itch. He says that's hardly fair but he can't explain it!!!

• duckyb1

wow 4444, so when you itch on your boob, can you feel relief when you scratch.....I had a lumpie, so Mx is foreign to me......wad going for the double mx, but was advised not to.......but again, I am 78, so I was able to see their point....plus my tumor was small, not aggressive, and guess they figured I will probably die of something else before it recurs......lol.....face it that is a harsh reality.......so, mx was written off....

• 4sewwhat

Nope, can't feel the scratching!

• duckyb1

OMG, BUT DO YOU GET RELUEF FROM THE ITCHING.....,..

• 4sewwhat

Eventually it goes away. It was mainly when rads first started. Not too often now. The felling is coming back a little. They had said 9 months numb or could be permanent. I am also guessing next surgery in a couple weeks will slow that down again too.

At least I don't have to worry about what I am wearing when it is cold!!!

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667

No, at least I don't. Drives me crazy.

• duckyb1

444444.........More surgery........damn.......good luck girlfriend..........WOW ANOTHER REASON TO PARTY..........WILL BE IN YOUR POCKET........BIG HOSPITAL GOWN NEEDED.......WITH BIG POCKETS......THESE LADIES TAKE UP A LOT OF SPACE......

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Yes because we have to bring snacks with us. In your pocket!

• 4sewwhat

Gma, I hope that cute kitty isn't your snack, lol!!!

It is just my exchange surgery. I am very lucky rads went well and they agreed to do it this soon before my insurance rolls over to start the deductible and out of pocket again. Plus, tired of sleeping on these coconuts. I call them my sleep number inlate-a-boobs! Because they can be adjusted for firmness!

Also scheduled for a hysterectomy/ooph. I asked for it but haven't made up my mind yet. If I do it onc wants me on AIs right away. I have no SEs from Tammy and you girls have horror stories about AIs. So....I just don't know yet. More questions and research. My pharmacist is actually doing a search and putting together information for me. We shall see!

• wren44

Gma, try wearing a warm layer under your clothes. Long underwear? Or add a vest. I still have nipple sensations although the trigger point is not where my nipple used to be. If it only happens in cold weather, keeping it warm might help.

• duckyb1

OOOOOOOHH, I never give advice, but my SE'S from Letrozole are a bitch....like today......woke up, and can barely move my wrist on my right hand.......did nothing to cause it.....but it is a joint, and joint pain is a big SE regardless of what your MO tells you.........not everyone, but many get joint pain, and muscle aches........I don't have a joint in my body that does not hurt......some always, some occasionally, but never without pain to some degree.

If you had no trouble with Tamox.......maybe none with an AI.........plus you can always stop and go back to Tamox, if you have problems... Last visit it I was offered Tamox, rather then go off AI.......but I have had blood clots, so they nixed that idea.....

Good luck whatever you decide.....