OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

4 - Praying for the best outcome with your surgery.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895

Thanks ladies!

I'm home sitting on my screen porch with ice tea!  Thighs are sore but getting better by the minute.  My doctor is very happy!  He has never done this before.  It also has not been done at this hospital before.   I am his "pilot" patient so he is happy it is working well!  I am so hopeful that everything goes well and they can learn from this and help so many other ladies!

Going to close my eyes and listen to the wind rustle the leaves and the birds chirp.  We have our babies. The Dove eggs hatched today!  They are very quiet so far!

• Monis
    Monis Member Posts: 309

Oh my goodness, little, baby dovelings!  I would be watching them all day long.  What a wonderful thing to keep your mind occupied while recovering from surgery!  Happy and quick healing.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

444444...........so cute......my daughter gets  a robin every spring that makes her nest either under her deck, or in a tree outside her front door.......my daughter had me wetting my pants telling me a story of one little baby falling out of the nest this spring, and her trying to get it back in.........

Playtex rubber gloves, her construction worker husband's safety goggles, and a hat so the mother would not peck her head...........well she was successful, but had us all hysterical tellling us how she became the "hero" to nature............LOL

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702

4 - I'm happy to hear you're doing well and out of surgery! You're brave for trying something new - a pioneer woman!! You deserve nothing but great results!!

Thanks for sharing the dove pictures. I love watching baby birds - I could watch them for hours. They have this new birdhouse you can get and attached it to your window. You can watch the birds, but they can't see you. I thought it was a great idea.

Ducky, you tell such good, funny stories. Thanks - I needed a good laugh this morning!

I came across this picture and it made me laugh. How do people come up with this stuff? Panty hose on dogs - too funny.

• gmafoley

4444 - Nice to see that surgery went well!  I love birds. They are so fun to watch.

• duckyb1

Gma.....hope your doing ok...............hugs.

• Monis

• SlowDeepBreaths

Monis & GMA, love those pictures.

4 - I hope you're getting some rest and you're pain free.

Happy Holiday Weekend - to all!!

• gmafoley

Ducky, yes - it was hairy without my acupuncturist for 2 weeks, but got to see her yesterday. she went on vacation. Found out that there are 2 points in the ear, one to help the lungs and one to relax muscles - it took away the major pain/spasm in the ribs. The nerve pain hurts only when that area is touched, not all the time.. That was kind of a relief to know.  My neck is better to the point, I haven't used pain cream in 4 days.  So I guess that means - I'm better.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

I'm so happy to read this GmaF..

Finally some relief for for u

Thank U God.

Xoxoxo

• duckyb1

i am thrilled for you

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324

GMA that is wonderful news...  

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

stay safe everyone on this holiday weekend

Just remember what Memorial Day means.

• SlowDeepBreaths

I'm happy to hear something is working for you GMA!! I've always been too chicken to try it myself, but I've heard good things about acupuncture.

• duckyb1

Slow.......there is no bigger baby then me...........I did it......it works, and I am going back.........swear.....try it.......hugs.

• SlowDeepBreaths

Yes. I'm definitely thinking about it. I think I will wait and see how much it helps GMA. That will give me time to get up the nerve to go. :)

• SlowDeepBreaths

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

Slow - do give acupuncture a try.  I helps me, too.  Definitely not a cure all, but the needles are tiny teeny things, and you barely feel them.  Really truly nothing to be afraid of - and this is coming from someone who is a complete weenie about all other kinds of needles!!!

• SlowDeepBreaths

Good to see you GG! One of my doctors suggested I try it years ago for my RA. I'm not really afraid of the pain, but possible infections from the needles.

• Monis

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Love it Monis. One of my cats has a foot fetish and loves to rub against you feet but then he will nip- just part of his routine quite friendly.

Slow have had acupuncture at various times and it certainly helped. It is always worth a try. 

Waiting to head to England. 

• SlowDeepBreaths

Great picture Monis!

Aly, my daughter is in England as well - actually she is in France right now, but heading back to England this week.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895

Hello Ladies!

Hope you'll are having a wonderful long holiday weekend!

I survived a 3 day Anime/video convention complete with costuming, chaperoning 9 teens in and out of downtown Atlanta on public transpo!  To say I am spent is an understatement!  Tomorrow I am moving from bed to the screen porch and back again to bed!

I hope you all are well.  Great news on the acupuncture Gma!

• SlowDeepBreaths

4 - Great to see you out and about. Hope you get some rest this weekend too :)

My daughter made her own pattern of a Hedgehog Pin Cushion. I thought it was so cute!! If anyone here likes to crochet and would like the pattern, please let me know.

Hope you're all having a good weekend so far!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Slow, That is just adorable! Your DD has talent. I crochet a little but probably could not follow a pattern for this. She should consider making them to sell on Etsy.

• duckyb1

Slow..........Good Morning dear..............love the little hedgehog..........my mother crocheted, and she was fantastic...........I have no talent at all...............I still have so many of the things she made, and so do my  daughters...........I truly appreciate talent......guess cause I lack it........LOL

Have a great Memorial Day........hugs

• SlowDeepBreaths

Wren, Thank you. I suggested she sell them too, but I think she just likes doing it for fun. She makes different animals, usually for baby showers.

Ducky, I'm like you - I have no crocheting talent. I took sewing in HS but even that I couldn't do very well.

Happy Memorial Day - I hope everyone had a good day today!!

• SlowDeepBreaths

• Monis

Slow, Animal pictures crack me up.  Here's another cat -vs- dog: