OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Monis
    Monis Member Posts: 309

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

This brings back memories but also the Grandsons love to play angry birds go!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702

GMA, I purchased the Roku with Angry Birds on it for the boys. They also talked me into installing Minecraft on my cell phone. When they want something, they always ask me. I think I may spoil them too much.

• SlowDeepBreaths

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

oh so true!

• SlowDeepBreaths

Happy Friday to All!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

What a Saturday, watched DGD's ballet recital then had lunch with a group of BCO girls from Ontariio. Great fun was had by all.

DGS is very interested in my one boob and my foob and keeps patting them saying this ones real and this one isn't - he is just three!! Mary would have loved it as her grandson had a similar fascination.

Hugs to all

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

gee Alyson,I'm following u around

Yup Mary,Mary would have gotten a kick out of that one..

• SlowDeepBreaths

Alyson, I find it refreshing how direct kids can be. They really hold nothing back. I'm glad you're enjoying your trip with your grand children and got to meet more BCO ladies. I got to meet some of the women on the California Dreaming tour. It was such a wonderful experience and I'm thankful I got the opportunity to meet them all. It was my first BCO meet up. They were all wonderful.

I'm hoping people can say a prayer for my nephew. He was admitted to the hospital on Saturday with what they thought was a spider bite. His leg is extremely swollen, purple and oozing yellow fluid. I just got back from visiting him, and I'm very worried about him.

Hugs to all.

• Monis

Oh my goodness Slow!  How scary.  I will definitely pray for him.  And as your name suggests, Slow Deep Breaths.  Hope he's ok.

• gmafoley

Prayers are coming his way!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Beppy (Slow)...............Consider it done..............how sad...........

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Just popped in from my duties as baby sitter to say that I just saw it is three years today since we lost the wonderful Konakat. Does anyone know where the wonderful picture of her on the bike wearing her pink hair is? So hard to believe its so long.

• SlowDeepBreaths

He is still in the hospital. They did a CT scan last night and put a PIC line in today and are still testing. They've ruled out Flesh Eating Bacteria. I appreciate all the the prayers - thank you.

• FireKracker

Alyson,where did u see that about Konakat?

It's hard to believe that 3 yrs have passed

Valarie is gone 7 months now

Sometimes I just cannot read all this sad stuff,that's why I take breaks

Miss u girlfriend.

I'm sorry for ur troubles slow,when does this crap ever end???

• duckyb1

Slow thinking about your nephew.....hugs

• SlowDeepBreaths

Thank you FK and Ducky.

His white cell count went down yesterday, but then came right back up. They changed his medication last night, and we are waiting for new test results. They diagnosed him with Cellulitis. I can't tell you how thankful I am that it's not Flesh Eating Bacteria. I feel confident that he will get better. Thanks again for the prayers - I know they help.

Off to the hospital and then to my infusion. Thanks for listening to me ramble.

• duckyb1

Ramble on girlfriend......we're always here for you..................as bad as the news is, it is so much better then the worst news you could have gotten............OK, did that make sense...........

• gmafoley

Had to share this picture that I found of my grandchildren and me.  They will all be together next month, so I will be gone again to be with them.

• duckyb1

Great picture......

• FireKracker

what a great idea for that pic.

They r sooo cute

Dontch love being around them????

Enjoy them now while they r still young

They grow up real quick

How did u make out with the acupuncture????????

• gmafoley

FireKracker - This is what I wrote this morning on an LE thread: I went to the acupuncturist yesterday and I managed to lose 4 lbs over night! I told her I was a bit swollen and uncomfortable from my trip. She tried some "lymph" points and "circulation" points. I feel great this morning and first day in a long time - the breast nerve pain isn't shooting. Haven't had any pain meds this morning. Took a month, but my body is starting to respond and no extra swell from it, rather less swell. (PS - she isn't treating the LE, she is trying to work around it).

It lasted about 2 hours then pain came back but doing ok.

• FireKracker

everything sounded good until the last line

How is the pain now?

When r u goin back?

U no I still get some pain in my breast especially when it's gonna rain,even in the surrounding upper arm and yes I still do the massages daily.grrrrrr

As JOJo says the gift that keeps on giving

• duckyb1

OK FK....................Either JO JO stole my line, or your having a Sr. moment......which one do you want to own up too..............LMAO...............

• FireKracker

no,no,no that line belongs to JOJO

I no her longer then I no u

No sr.moment for me on this one

We used to say it all the time on the after rads thread which u were not on

So there!!!!!!!!

• gmafoley

How am I doing this morning? Today, I'm doing ok again. The pain level is about a 2 unless you touch the area then it jumps to a 5/6. I am going to test it out this week and start walking again to see how it reacts. Acupuncturist reminds me that just being at the point of "thinking" about doing things and also at the point of doing things is a good sign -  I am actually attempting to garden, do housework, walk.... etc.  I must say that is progress. Acupuncturist sees that as progress because even when I overdue and hurt, it is better than constant pain and being a couch potato.

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

Gma, that sounds so good and much improved from earlier!  Now do not over do the dang garden stuff~~

• gmafoley

Joints started hurting mainly my hands and Left knee - just looked at the weather - it is going from sunny to rain today - Boy, think I make a good barometer... LOL.

• Monis

Don't think you need to contemplate too much gardening this weekend, though looks like the rain is supposed to start tapering off again.  Looks like we here in the PNW are going to get more nice weather next week.  Sometimes I enjoy just sitting in the sun, soaking up the warmth.  Very therapeutic.  And conducive of napping.  

• gmafoley

I get sick if I stay in the sun and those Lymphedema sleeves seem to conduct the heat.  But I took my first 5 minute walk around the house.  Breast nerve pain and swell both greeted me about 2 hours later.