OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Monis
    Monis Member Posts: 309

Slow, your grandsons probably already know how to Skype!  I swear, children nowadays are born with computer knowledge.  They can probably show you how to do it.  

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

ThumbsUpSmileMine certainly know how to use them and have shown me what to do. 

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Aly........adorable

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Yep - mine too - they love to hang up on me .. Love their fake smiles for the camera.

• Alyson

posting to see I can get into any oft threads. 

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702

monis, funny that you say that....the older boy showed me how to do something called "hangout" on my phone. He's only 6! It amazes me how tech savy kids are today.

GMA & Alyson, your grandchildren are beautiful!! They really do make life worth living, don't they??!!

• Monis

I don't have any grandkids yet, and at the rate my son is going I won't be getting any anytime soon!  He's 24 and hasn't even had a girlfriend yet.  Hey, any of you ladies have a daughter or granddaughter that likes the quiet engineering type?

• SlowDeepBreaths

Monis, those aren't my real grandchildren. They are my sister's - but, we share everything!! Her daughter is like one of my own, and I love them like they are my grand babies. My daughter is 26 and my son is 24. I don't see them having children anytime in the near future. But, I'm always hopeful!!

• Alyson

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

where r u now Alyson????

GmaF I don't think I ever saw a pic.of ur beautiful grands...sooo cute

It's fugly humid in PA.

Damn I hate the summer and it's not even here yet

• SlowDeepBreaths

• gmafoley

Speaking of tatoos - did you see this yet?  http://ibnlive.in.com/news/photos-women-fight-can...  I thought it was an interesting idea.

From what my daughter says the henna lasts about 6 months.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Someone on another thread used her henna design head for her avatar for a while. She said her friend did it. Very unusual and cool.

• SlowDeepBreaths

I think it looks really cool - it reminds me of some of the hats that were worn in the 20's - very tight around the head. I'd never have the guts to do it though.

• Monis

Firecracker, I thought you hated the white stuff!  Come to find out you hate summer too!  Damn, when do you ever come out of the house? :)

• Alyson

I agree with FK I so not like summer. I like to see it bit hate being out in it. 

• gmafoley

Grandma Day with youngest GS

The newest pic of my oldest grandson - He has Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome - Every 7-10 days some times sooner, between 11am and 2pm, he gets sick and vomits. He now has started to get the migraines related to the syndrome.  He needs your prayer, there is no cure, they don't know how to combat it, but the school has given him his own private area to go rest and go through his episode.  Then in an hour or 2 he goes back to class.  All the docs want to do is sedate him until the symptoms pass.

• FireKracker

good morning

Facts:::: I love the winter,nice and cold but I hate the snow

I hate the summer period.

Love the spring and the fall

I come out of the house every day to smoke

But I do bitch and complain of the weather

We had no spring at all this yr.

Grrrrr.end of rant

• duckyb1

Gma...............adorable, and prayers already begun.........enjoy your time with the munchkins, and by the way...........you look mmaaaaaaaaavalous...............lol

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

Gma - love to see the pictures.  You look great, and so does your grandson.  I'm glad the school is understanding for your GS.  What a miserable thing for him to go through.

• SlowDeepBreaths

GMA, such a great picture of the two of you!! It breaks my heart that he has to deal with that at such a young age. I'll be praying for that precious boy.

• gmafoley

He is now 7 years and even little brother (4yrs - the one in the top pic) helps him when he is sick.. He has been fighting this for 4 years now.  Took 2 years to figure out what it was - with horrible testing.  He is a trooper, that's for sure.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

The vomiting is inconvenient, but migraines are truly awful. Poor kid. Do they ever grow out of it?

• SlowDeepBreaths

I was going to ask the same thing Wren. Is it something he will always have to live with or do they even know?

• gmafoley

They have no cure and no they end up with a life of migraine from what I hear.  He has a few triggers that bring it on but it doesn't alway work - being too hot, excited, tired, or dehydrated.  The other day he says to mommy, "Mommy, I took off my jacket when I got hot, I drank my gatorade and everything else.. I'm sorry mommy."  It brings tears to my eyes just hearing that.  He knows his triggers, he is very aware - but sometimes they come anyway.

• SlowDeepBreaths

Oh GMA, I'm so sorry. It just doesn't seem right when children have to suffer. {{{{gentle hugs}}}}.

• duckyb1

Gma.........I looked it up...............it brought tears to my eyes just reading what that little boy is going through............

I made my 22 year old grandaughter read what I Googled.......she has always had something very similar, and her mother never truly looked into it, but I doubt they would have thought of that anyway, but I told her to mention it.......she is going to a new Dr. because she does not feel well, and many of the symptoms for Adult Cyclical Vomiting she has.............also Stomach Migraines which I also checked............I told her not to tell her mother we talked because the other day she called me a "hypochondriac" in the car on the way to the shore......................so I said "keep this between us, your mother already thinks I'm a f/n nut case..........she laughed and almost said "I know", but stopped herself...........then I laughed.........

I will pray hard and put the little guy on a prayer line........hugs.

• SlowDeepBreaths

Funny for the day: I hope it makes you smile :)

• SlowDeepBreaths

• FireKracker

awww GmaF,sooo sorry to read this

Like u don't have enuf on ur plate

U no I'll be prayin for u and ur family