OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702

I'm really curious about your frozen shoulder Alyson. I know it's a common thing to get when you have RA, but I'm also reading about it with BC. I wonder if your doctor knows if it's caused by RA or BC and if they treat it the same?

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Slow, they treat them just the same. I also fell and hurt my shoulder a couple of years ago. I hit a table right in the armpit. I was carrying my DGS and tripped and to save him I fell into the table.(There is no cure for stupid) My humerus has been forced upwards and is about3/4 inch out of place.

Anyway i am sure this doc is a cure guy he was so lovely.

• SlowDeepBreaths

Ouch......That sounds really painful Alyson.

So happy to hear you found a "cure guy!"

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239

Alyson, yikes that does sound painful.  I just started PT and didn't even realize how bad my shoulders were but fortunately there is no arm bone in the wrong place.  I also found out from the therapist that I have no core strength.  (shocker, yes the sarcasm is rich)  

Firekracker are you kiddin me I thought winter was a bit extreme this year.  Maybe after I retire and sit and look at it through the window I will see it as more charming but I am not a fan of slip sliding away off to work, and when you are in the medical field you have to be there so I am hoping for a bit less winter next year :)

Some family health stuff going on, hope to get through dealing with that.  Not only is there not a cure for stupid, there is no cure for other traits that I will leave to your imagination.  No sense getting into it but I am determined to encourage where I can, keep my sense of humor, and focus on the good stuff instead of the crap in life :) 

Hugs to all, PS Alyson loved the cartoon you posted :)

• Monis
    Monis Member Posts: 309

• Alyson

And we can even find it like this just for Kracker...

• SlowDeepBreaths

uh oh

• Alyson

Slow, Kracker hates pink so its fun finding pink things for her.

• SlowDeepBreaths

I know....that's why I said "uh oh"......LOL

• enjoyevrymoment

Raise your hand if you WANT an insulated lunch box with little pink ribbons on it?  Really, you know darn well the inventors of the pink ribbon were probably men who saw a market opportunity.  I too gag when people give me something with flouncy pink ribbons on it.  Yes, I want to advertise breast cancer insignia because I do not think about it enough.  

With you FireKracker, just say no to pink ribbon.

Woke up too early, but today will be a fun day walking around Longwood Gardens, (not so fun visiting BIL and then SIL) then going out for Korean food with some friends.  So I will need some zzzzs.

PS  I think stupid spray would be handy, like mace, you could use as needed.  Anything that would make stupid statements freeze.  in.  their.  tracks....

• Alyson

It is Annoying and Stupid People Spray Repellent. It says it works well when yelling "Get the hell away from me!" doesn't work.

• Alyson

image Enough to put you off

I did find a pink ribbon 'thing ' that I couldn't put her..

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

First thing in the morning and I see Alyson has me pissed off

I owe u one,,,big time

Everyone knows how much I hate that pink shit

Now u got me on a roll...just for that I'm comin to u for the entire winter...yup I'll be there

Enjoy,,,,do u live in PA?

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Actually I think Estee Lauder started the pink shit.

• enjoyevrymoment

Firekracker- I do!  about 45 min from Longwood.  

I know you won't forgive me but I actually have always liked pink sweaters, with grey pants or whatever.... Just dislike the pink swastika.  

Alyson, you are so funny.  Nice soup cans...... oh my gosh.  And where did you find the spray?  The bottle is not big enough.  Just sayin

• FireKracker

enjoy,,,I don't no where u live but I live near the poconos

And yes I love the winter....let's plan a trip to go see Alyson now and bring her every thing we can find that's pink....she just loves Focktober...

Wren,is that who really started that pink shit? 

Maybe we should contact them to see if they found the cure for stupid..

• enjoyevrymoment

Well the reason I need a big bottle of stupid spray because I can do some stupid things too.  :)   The things I let bother me sometimes are just stupid.  

I had a lady talk to me at church yesterday who was actually really cool and helpful.  I had my stupid shield up in case it would be more of the usual.  She said "just because you have faith doesn't mean you don't have fear".  And all this time I thought I had to be Miss Perfect and never a moment of worry.  To those of you who are newly diagnosed, we are all so different, but I just plowed through and checked things off the list to do to get rid of cancer like it was a shopping list.  Now I am at the stage where it is settling in and while I will not wallow about it and know I am blessed to have caught it early and stuff, the reality has to be absorbed for me and I think it is mentally healthy that I feel that.  

So yeah, right now especially hearing about "at least you have new perky ones" does seem especially stupid.  So, Alyson, when you manufacture the formula for that spray can we distribute it across the US like a crop duster? 

:)

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

enjoy, you make some very good points.  The things I let bother me at times, well dumb to have them hurt me.  Recently a long time pal invited me for dinner and said she was making some Ottomanelli steaks (Very expensive~~).  I said fine but that I had not eaten steak (or beef) in 6 years since my diagnosis, I would not likely appreciate them.  She was shocked but changed the dinner.  I also said I really was not drinking like I used to and like she and her pals do and that shocked her.  Guess she thought I was supposed to announce these things but truthfully, they just evolved in a good way for me.  But her reaction continues to bother me, not sure why. 

• enjoyevrymoment

Proud, I think there are still so many unknown things about cancer, and some just accept what they read on the Internet or they heard from Aunt Mildred.  It is almost like some are afraid to study on it too much or they might catch it I don't know....  

The stuff people think is scientifically accurate and they well meaningly tell you to do, is bizarre, yet when you are doing something that is actually healthy they act surprised.... That was sweet of them to at least ask but it does make you feel like "what, am I being a princess just because I don't eat certain foods to be healthy".  The answer is that you are allowed to follow whatever healthy plan you want and don't let it bug ya.  One of those deals where the people who are drinking/etc don't want to feel guilty or be reminded of the fact that they are not being healthy.   

• enjoyevrymoment

All right, be prepared to email me some stupid remedies because I truly am the queen of stupid after last night in the grocery store.

Worked later than usual so asked DH just before leaving, want me to pick up something quick or what.  Neither of us felt like cooking, so I stopped at store on way home. 

Buried purse in produce in cart, they were out of my usual spinach so I left the cart and ran back to get the other spinach, just two seconds.  Proceeding with my shopping through the store, got to check out and realized my purse was not in cart.  Pictured Mr. Organized saying "why would you leave your purse in the cart" and wondering how I would get home.  Decided to see if it fell out by produce.  Cashier reported it to customer service, they did not find a purse.  Getting worried, go to produce and what is sitting there?  My cart with purse intact buried under vegetables.  So some poor other woman left her cart and came back to find ??? nothing  and probably thought she was losing it, or got home and didn't have avocado, radishes and tomato that I had in my cart that I didn't buy.  I bought it anyway didn't seem fair to let the poor cashier put it all away.  

Yes, there is no cure for stupid but I laughed all the way home.  Fortunately there is another store I can shop in until they forget about my stupidity.  hahahahahaha

• proudtospin

Geez, that sounds like junk I do!  So glad you found your bag as that would not be fun!  I am funny as I rarely use a handbag and wear a tacky fanny pack with my wallet and keys!  tacky I know but I do not loose it

I like to think that some of the "complementary" things such as eating healthier and drinking less are helping me to reach my year 6 with no return.  I do think that I need to break down and call my pal as we have been friends for over 40 years so....but gonna continue to hang with my healthy pals who rarely drink and spend lots of time in the gym. 

• FireKracker

PTS...u r the most organized person I no

Seriously .....

No u would never do what enjoy did

BUT I WOULD

• proudtospin

Fire, you think I am organized?  wow I must have hidden the mess from you when you visited me!

called my old pal and explained that I am trying to eat better (no red meat) and to drink less, think she got it so will see if I get a dinner invite again

• FireKracker

I don't look for any messes in anyone's house

And no I did not see any mess

But I must say ur organized

It's like connecting the dots that u do so well

• enjoyevrymoment

I am with you FireKracker.  I love people, not how neat their house is.  Not a fan of a dog that sniffs my private area ha ha or jumps on my new boobs (but that might just be me) but other than that I think how people live is their business and I would rather spend time with them than their house :)  

Let's face it was are all organized when we have to be, or we wouldn't have gotten through all the stuff we did.

You all make me smile and I thank you!

• FireKracker

keep smiling enjoy

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Sorry Had a facepalm moment.

• Alyson

Love it Gma. How are you. I am barely coping with pain and need a smile.

If you want a laugh go to 'The way we were"

Big hugs

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Alyson - you might want to try acupuncture - I am feeling much better since I did and she even started treating the lymphedema side where the pain is. I went to the LE therapist this week and my measurements were amazingly down too. She asked what I did different.. Only thing different was the acupuncture and a massage ("energy" work - think it was reiki).  Was kind of worried this would make me swell, but it hasn't.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927

Enjoy - loved your story about grabbing the wrong grocery cart.  Several years ago my dh was hit with a life-threatening illness that took months to get properly diagnosed and treated - it was real touch-and-go there for a long time.  I thought I was keeping it together pretty well during the whole thing, except for one thing - on several occasions I grabbed the wrong grocery cart.  It got to be funny - people chasing me down in the store to get their carts back!  Fortunately dh is fine now, and I've never taken the wrong cart since then - even in my worst chemobrain days I wasn't as stressed out as I was during that time.  I think the role reversal several years later when I was dx really helped us get through it - I knew how stressed dh was as a caretaker for me, and dh knew what it was like to be the patient.