OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239

Mary thanks for making me realize I am not the only one.  Reminds me of when I was working two jobs when single and I kept losing my car keys.... something has to give sometimes.  Although now I can honestly say rushing through the store and being in full steam ahead mode, I probably looked like one of those shopping shows.  I need to slow down and enjoyeverymoment.  (did you think my name is that because I am so good at it? )  Thank God we have a sense of humor even if the source is ourselves.  

Off to church, maybe that will straighten me out heaven knows I am a mess sometimes ;)  God loves us anyway.  (Sorry if you are not a God person, don't be offended I hope-it is how I roll or I would be even MORE of a mess hahahahah)

Waving hi to all my laughing sisters.  Alyson GMAFoley Firecracker are you all having a good weekend?  Hope the headache goes away Alyson

Glad your hubby is better Nats

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702

enjoy and Nats, thanks for the stories!

I've got a mental picture of someone chasing you around the store for their cart. Too funny.

I can so relate to both of those stories. I feel so scattered lately and have such a difficult time keeping track of my stuff.

Alyson, after hearing how much acupuncture has helped GMA and Ducky, I'm really considering it once I'm done with treatment.

• I have SO many scattered stories, but they pale in comparison to my "not fully ready for societal re-integration" yet example I'd like to share.  It's not the only one, but it's definitely my best, so far :-).  On June 19th, I found a lump in my right breast.  Fast-forward to Monday, July 14th, the day before my full right mastectomy.  I decide to go to Walmart for some alone-and-pick-up-a-few-things time, the last I would have until I could drive again.  There is an older woman walking towards me pushing a cart.  I'm 45 - she was probably in her 80s.  The look on her face - it's difficult to describe.  Horror?  Mortified.  Uncomprehending shock.  And it looks like she's look right at me.  I look around me, behind me....  I'm the only one there, so yea, it must be me.  I have tattoos and dreads down past my waist, so I'm used to some decently odd looks sometimes, but this was abject horror.  Then, suddenly, I realize that I am massaging my lump with tiny circular motions - like a breast exam - just through my t-shirt.  My lump also happened to be conveniently centrally located.  There is nothing to say in a situation like that, I very quickly decided.  I smiled, blushed, did an about-face with my cart, and went the other way :-)

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Great story Stacy! I can just visualize the scene. Hope you're doing well now.

• enjoyevrymoment

That is hilarious Stacy!  HAHAHAHAHA  loving the visual.  Look at it this way you gave her something to smile about.  Hopefully.

• SlowDeepBreaths

hahaha Stacy. We get so used to feeling for lumps....I can see how that could happen.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

sometimes I forget and while I'm doin my stretching and moving the nodes I'm standing right by my window in my apt...WITH THE SHADES OPEN..

• SlowDeepBreaths

LOL Kracker!

• SlowDeepBreaths

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

• gmafoley

Hope you all have your depends on Loopy

• gmafoley

Ok, I will stop now..

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

GMA....no need to stop!  keep it up!

• FireKracker

GmaF put my face on that pic

With this damn colitus I'm freekin out from the farts.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

it depends wether they are loud and proud or silent and violent !! Hehehe

• FireKracker

I like that Alyson

Unfortunately mine is both

Grrrrrrrrr

Only the GGrands think it's funny

Everyone else runs away

Anyone no where I can buy a new stomach??????

• Alyson

So long as they are just farts not sharts.

• Alyson

• Alyson

• gmafoley

Alyson - Oh I saw that one and didn't put it up - that was next on my list LOL

I so need this sign...

• Alyson

• Alyson

And I found this for Kracker

• SlowDeepBreaths

Edited to add: Leave it to Alyson to find a PINK toilet and sink. Too Funny!!!

• enjoyevrymoment

I was pretty bummed over losing my sister in law yesterday but I knew this board wouldn't let me down.  Ask my husband.  No matter what the circumstance, gas has always made me laugh inappropriately.  Well done, ladies!  Well done!    Literally howling with laughter.  Thanks I owe ya one.

• SlowDeepBreaths

So sorry for your loss enjoyevrymoment.

• FireKracker

well the joke is on me..

Sorry for ur loss enjoy...I'm glad they made u laugh

Alyson...u keep that pink shit away...DO U HEAR ME?????

• FireKracker

gotch now!!!!!!

• SlowDeepBreaths

I posted this to the WRONG thread. Wow, I'm really losing it.

One day I'll tell you some hysterical stories about when I had a
    colostomy bag.

I'll save them for when we really need a good laugh.

• Alyson

DD gave me this!

• SlowDeepBreaths

Too funny Alyson!