Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

After Radiation

Options

Comments

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options
    I forgot---Jo you can take that pizza and put it right with chevys breakfast...you know where.shame shame on both of you.didnt you 2 do enuf damage with the cake.
  • jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    Options
    granny - First of all, the cake with strawberries is for BarbaraA since she is celebrating her one year cancerversary and as for Chevy's breakfast it was quite good - thank you very much.  The pizza was also wonderful.  I, for one, still indulge in some junk food.  It is no fun being good all the time.
  • duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    Options

Granny..........probably will have to cover up some............I hate it cause I have an inground pool, and grandchildren............how the hell do I cover up in the pool...............I'll try it first with a lot of suntan lotion, if that works then that is what I will do. ....otherwise not sure, I damn well know I'm not gonna be in the shade all the time.........I go to the beach, boardwalk.......this is gonna be one challanging summer for me..........

• duckyb1
    Options

Beans the reason I asked, our family loves Bostons........We bought one for my husband when he go his Pancreatic cancer.....sadly he didn't live long enough to enjoy him.  then my daughter bought a Boston.......and I rescued one when he was 7, and finally had to put him down this past year............my daughters is still alive, and was the brother to my rescue dog, but she had him from a pup........he will be 15 in June, but is failing.........that is why I asked you about the dog...........they are a wonderful breed, and if you consider a dog, think about a Boston

Hope your doing well.

• FireKracker
    Options

no ducky im not talkin about the sun im talkin about theNEW JERSEY BUGS...

• duckyb1
    Options

Oh sorry Granny............having another senior moment..........................Jesus if I cover up I'll friggin sweat to death, are you kidding me, come on now that deserves a few whacks...............................whack, whack, whack, now how did that feel..........................

I'll sit next to someone in the family who the mosquitoes like better and hope they bite them instead.............or put a sign at the end of my street that  says AIRPORT THAT WAY..................and hope they can read

• FireKracker
    Options

just what i thought.you will be outside in the evenings...well guess what NOT ME...the mosquetoes just love love love me.absolutely love this shit blood.I hate the summer,i hate NJ buggggggs,I hate this harness i have to wear for GOD knows how long,I hate the fact i have no tops that cover the harness.and most of all I HATE CANCER.

yesterday i showed my GD this harness.she asked to see it.i said to her are you sure? she said of course (28 yrs ol) i picked up my top and she said HOLY SHIT...for how long??????and in the summer???????If i go outdoors it will be daytime with either a long flowing skirt and long sleeve shirt and it wont be for long.in and out of the car.like i live in FLA. ha.

• torigirl
    torigirl Member Posts: 748
    Options

No one scared me away ladies...just a few things going on the last couple of days...

Yesterday was my mom's birthday...she has been in heaven for several years, but the day still still makes me melancholy....I love her so much and I miss her still.... even more than I could possibly imagine.

This morning I was awaken by a phone call that my friend's sister ( a friend of mine to) was murdered early this morning..and on top of that, by the hands of her own husband....she was only 34 and has two kids...one is 4 and the other is 2 years old...so tragic, so sad....I'm just blown away at the violence of the world....

I've been reading along this thread though, but not posting... I will do better at posting and letting you all know what is going on...I promise!

I see I missed "the party" and all the cocktails!  Dang it!  I could always just have a "cold" one right now..but, what fun it is drinking alone??

I finally got to Skype with my hubby on Thursday...it was GREAT to see his face (we had only been emailing and calling before that)...He looks good...REALLY good :)  and it made me miss him even more...He'll be home the middle of June, so only 6 weeks to go.... 

My RO says I have to use SPF 90 if I want to spend any amount of time in the sun...in fact, he wants me to use it anyways...

GD-I too, will have to wear a compression bar...it's FUGLY, isn't it?  I already hate it and I don't even had it yet...

But, PT is going well....the chest LE I had is disappearing quickly and I"m glad about that.  I'm hoping to keep it under control so that I can start some real exercise soon, but will suffice to have my walking.  I've started doing crunches again..man, do those smart!  :)

Congrats Barbara and Tekyla on your one year!  Here's to many, many, many, many more happy, healthy years for you!

Jo1955-thanks for the pizza girl!  YUMMY!!

GD-just so you know, I'm still creaming up....lubing the boob and everything else...

Love to you all!

Hugs and High Fives!

Tori 

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    Options

Good Morning!  The dawn is breaking, the sky is pink, and the birds are singing!!  Cool  It is so pretty out!  And nothing hurts! 

Jo, Kantalope is being a smarty pants again!!!!  SHE thinks we are not staying on HER subject! Must we remind her that we ARE AFTER Rads?  That everything now is after RADS????   And we ARE back to our life after Rads!  And thanks for the Pizza! 

Let's all just go over to Ducky's house with pool, bring the "OFF" and play with her!  If Kantalope brings food, she can stay.  Do we have to mind her just because this is her thread?  I'm older, so I should get to do what I want....

Okay baby Kantalope....I looked up what a compression bra looks like.... Honey, if that's all you have to whine about, that makes me feel better.  I've been wearing one since the day I had surgery....Only mine wasn't called that... But it is pretty tight, and I love it....

I bought it a little larger, but it holds the girls in really tight!  Like I said, it makes me look like I have a "Uni-boob".... So if you want to try one like this, they are only $8.99 from amazon!!!  Oh by the way, this is not me in the picture....just thought I would add that! 

ToriGirl....honey, it is so nice to hear from you....and about you talking to your hubby.... YOU can come to the pool-party at Ducky's!   I still miss my Mom...and my Dad.....  You never get over that...But you can keep them close, by keeping a few of their "things"....Like their wallets, and her poems...and most of all their photo's.  I even kept one of Mom's dresses that she wore all the time.  I wrapped it in plastic, and you know, it still smells like her, and San Francisco!  So just be sad for a little while....and I'll have my arm around you.

Where did Letwin go?  You probably scared her Kantalope!  BEANS....I was so confused!  You mentioned "Beans" and then Boston, & how your DH loved them, & I thought "Boston Baked Beans?"  Yes, those ARE good!!!!!   Okay, never mind....

AND YES, DAMNIT!  I DO use creams, lotions, ointments, & sprays!  Okay, here's breakfast.. and Jo, I KNOW  you will love this!  Ha! xoxoxxo

WITH Boston Baked Beans! Wink xoxoxo

• jo1955
    Options

Tori - So sorry to hear about your losses.  Both my parents are gone and I do miss them terribly.  I don't use Skype but it must be great to be able to see DH's face on the computer screen.

Chevyboy - I'm so glad I am not the only one up early. Thanks again for the breakfast.  You are starting to spoil me.  Since I work, I can't even sleep in on the weekends.  I keep trying to tell Kantalope to stop obsessing about things so much.  The sun, junk food, gardening, etc did not hurt us before  this BC crap and it isn't going to now.  We are getting back to our lives and gonna live it and do what we want. Yes, I am also using lotions, creams, perfumes, hairspray and not reading the stupid labels. Life is good again! 

• lestwin
    lestwin Member Posts: 20
    Options

I'm here chevy:  Not doing so good today, had a terrible night with deep dark thoughts.  DH stayed awake almost all night because of me.  It's two weeks since I started the Arimidex and I know depression is a side effect but I have been so positive all through the last six months the horrible thoughts just came out of the blue.  I am going to take the pill lunchtime instead of morning and then tomorrow at night and see if that helps.  I'm not giving up this easy.  Have a good Sunday ladies.

• Chevyboy
    Options

You know Lestwin....I have heard of that!  You aren't the only one!  I had the WORST dreams while I was taking Tamoxifen...I mean in between waking up, dreaming, waking up, and I was miserable!  It finally leveled out.... See how it goes in a couple more weeks....

Sometimes I would just give up, & get up & watch TV for an hour or two....

All those side effects seemed to stay for a couple weeks, then leave again.  And yes, maybe taking it at a different time would help....or maybe a Melatonin?  Or a glass of wine...?  I'm for the wine....Wink

Jo, just whisper, so we don't wake up Kantalope...she will be all over us if she hears us & sees we had her favorite eggs for breakfast!   xoxoxoxo

Go ahead and sleep now, Lestwin!

• Beanius
    Beanius Member Posts: 1,494
    Options

Jo - LOL at granny losin her walker! But I got whacked again! You snuck up on me again, so I will have to retaliate you know! Great looking pizzas!

GD - LOL at your post and hating eggs, so funny! I'm glad you don't mince words about all the junk food that Jo and Chevy are trying to tempt you with! Wanna gang up on them with me. Here we go, WHACK WHACK WHACK to Jo and WHACK WHACK WHACK to Chevy! Yes, I used no parabin and no sulfate cream today and I washed with Dove sensitive. Wow, sorry that harness is so annoying and hard to cover up, maybe you need a moo moo! Ha ha !

Ducky - I've heard the Bostons are really good family dogs...thanks for telling me more about them. We always get our pets from shelters too, breaks my heart how many good living babies out there need homes! I think that's a great idea to rescue an older on too as so many pups get homes. BTW - I love having my DH around when there are mosquitos cuz they usually go right to him and not me - he he he - how evil, but it is true.

Tori - Happy BD to your mom in Heaven. Mine is there too and has been since '96 and I still miss her every day. Mother's day is coming up too and I was just having a few little tears about that yesterday. I am so very sorry about your friend was murdered by her husband, that is so sad, and so wrong, it is just wrong to take someone's life.

Chevy - glad you sound so chipper this morning! Wow, thanks for the bra info, I've been wondering what to do...haven't touched my old ones that had underwires. That one looks pwetty! I will check it out on amazon! Thanks for the Baked Beans too, now at least that's a little healthier than those pizzas Jo brought.

Jo - Both my parents are gone too...lost mom a long time ago and dad in 2009, he was 93 and still had his teeth and could walk...he had a lifetime of eating whatever he wanted and he was never fat...he was in the Air Force in WWII and smoked some too. He was really amazing.

Lestwin - so sorry you had a bad night. I've had so many that I totally understand and I'm always so happy when those dark thoughts lift. Sure hope you feel better soon. I find it does help to post when I'm feeling badly but it's harder at those times cuz I just want to crawl under a rock. Keep coming back, and it will help. We all care about you!!!

Big hugs to all my after rad chicky babies!

• jo1955
    Options

Chevyboy - Well, I guess it is game on.  You and I will have to team up against Beans & GD.  We can keep sharing all the junk food and they can ..... well, you know.   Let's see how they like this for lunch -

• jo1955
    Options
    Beans - Don't think you are  going to get off easy here - WHACK WHACK WHACK.  Your buddy GD must be sleeping again!  
  • FireKracker
    Options

Good afternoon my dear sistas...and no i didnt just get up.just got on the puter tho.

Torigirl----glad they didnt scare you away...such a sad day for you yesterday.here is a big hugggggggggg.ya got skype huh..nice to see hubbys face...i bet hes a hunk too.FUGLY is a good word for that bra AND no it looks nothing like the one chevy posted.i wish...does anyone know what a harness looks like?????my straps are 31/2 inches wide,comes down to my waist and is much much higher in the front.

Tori-how did your swelling go down so quickly...share please.

Lestwin---hang in there honey...it does get better..we these sistas are alll holding your hand.sending you a big huggggggggggg.prayin for you too.keep us posted.

Beanius-You get the A today for doin the creamin and soap.i know Tori does the same thing.

NOW YOU CHEVY----what can i say to you that i have not said before except take that bra and shove it up your you know what...I WISH mine looked like that.wait till you hear this one.yeah i got the shingle shot and no it didnt hurt at all so there BUT---I cannot be around anyone who is pregnant(my GD) small kids(3 in my family) or anyone who has a compromised immune system meaning everyone else including the rest of my kids.SO on mothers day i will be spending it home alone.and away from everyone for 2 weeks.guess ill have the cleanest apt.here.

every day is halloween in the life of kantalope....love love love my sistas.what would i do without you.....

BACK TO BUSINESS-----If Tori just started PT and her lymphedema disappeared (in her words) quickly why am i sooooooooo stressed out?????Beanius perhaps you can explain.

• Beanius
    Options

Wake up GD! These girls are ganging up on us!!! I need your help sista!!! In the meantime, while you're sleeping K I'm going to sneak over and WHACK WHACK WHACK Jo and now WHACK WHACK WHACK Chevy!!! Now I'm running to hide! They will never find me in here...

cat

Now here are some healthy Banana Bran muffins for breakfast...

muff

And a citrus berry smooooooooooooooothie!!

smooth

WHACK WHACK, ~Beans

• jo1955
    Options

Granny - Stop stressing/obsessing so darn much.  Relax and take a deep breath.  Rome wasn't built in a day you know.  Healing takes time.  

Oh and by the way, I worked in the garden today - with gloves, thank you very much but I used my Avon Shower Soap and Lubriderm Lotion when I took my shower. 

• FireKracker
    Options

thanks beanius...thats soooo much better.i had a nutra-grain cherry/pomegranate bar smeared with peanut butter.I would have rather eaten a piece of chocolate pudding pie BUT that was in my past life.My back is killing me..in my past life i would have taken a pain killer.now im wearing my back brace,doin stretches and moaning and groaning and gonna use the heating pad too.dont even know if i can with this edema/heat.shit.im pissed and yess stressed.AFTER RADS SUK TOO.

and you jo...baby steps for you too.you wore the gloves.ha.

• Chevyboy
    Options

Okay, well she got up!!!  We all must behave now.  Frown  I just made some "Congee"....It is a rice porridge dish, from China, and we just love it!  It is served for breakfast, or all day long!  AND it is good for you!    THEN I also cooked a bunch of apples with  hot cinnamon candies & lemon, and made a good applesauce!  And I made enough for everyone....

So Kantalope!  Why can't you be around anybody for 2 weeks?  I didn't hear THAT one!  Is it because they are giving you time-out because of your sassy little mouth?    I love you sweetie, but honey, you really shouldn't stress out so much!  Just like Jo says!!!  Maybe a good WHACK will straighten you up! 

Oh BEANS!!!  Now I see the cat, ha!  I thought you were hiding in some kind of burlap!  Ha,ha!  I found you now....WHACK, WHACK!!! 

JO!  Good choice for lunch!!!  I love hamburgers...yum!   So Beans, I put Aloe Vera juice in my smoothies also!  With a Banana or maybe fresh Strawberries, & a little flavored cream! 

We must be careful of Kantalope girls....Beans....explain to her that she is worrying for nothing!  Jo and I will come smack some sense into her!   xoxoxoxoxoxo

Is this what you mean Kantalope?   Did you get it from Victoria's Secret?  Or Bass Pro Shop?  (love you!) xoxoxooxxo

• duckyb1
    Options

Hey Granny.......................Guess what they told me.....................The pharmacist that gave me my vaccine said "If you break out in a rash around the injection site, then don't go near any babies, or anyone who has not had chicken pox until your rash is gone"............otherwise there are no restrictions..........Told her I had twin great grand babies only 3 weeks old, and she said "that is fine, as long as you don't get a rash around the injection site",.....................so go figure..........have you checked on Google to see if she is right........Or try Web MD also........Better yet..............call the Pharma, who manufacturers the vaccine Zostavax, and ask to be sent to the right dept. for your answer..............Best to call the Pharma. When I worked for GSK, I got those calls all the time, cause i was in research.

• jo1955
    Options

granny - yes, I wore the gloves but don't push it.  I am too old and too set in my ways to make too make changes.  Check out what ducky said about the shingle shot.  Maybe you can be with your family on Mother's Day after all.  

Chevyboy - Bass Pro shop?  That is too funny.   That contraption the girl is wearing looks horrendous.

• FireKracker
    Options

chevy--what in the world is congee??????it looks horid.ill take the applesauce tho.yummy.see you do eat good sometimes.liar.ha.that bra is something close but mine has snaps all the way down the front(which by the way when i bend open up)with adjustable straps that close with a wide strip of velcro.FUGLY as tori puts it.

Ducky-i know we went back and forth with this damn shingle shot but my GD who is pregnant called her GYN and he told her 2 weeks for her and the baby.and on the sheet of paper it also says anyone with a compromised immune system too.im soooo pissed.i did not have a rash THANK YOU GOD.

• Beanius
    Options

The bra looks FUGLY and sorry Chevy but so does the congee - ha ha ha!! You had me LMAO with the bass pro shop!

• Chevyboy
    Options

Hi little miss Kantalope!  Congee is a real good rice "porridge" .....You take about 1 1/2 cups of rice, fill a pot with water, like 6 cups...Add chopped carrotts, scallions, and about 1 T chopped ginger....I also added "wood mushrooms"....Then you simmer this for at least 3 hours, real slow...and I added cooked chicken pieces when it was finished, with a little bouillon of any flavor, and you sprinkle Cilantro or chopped parsley on top, and Sesame oil.....It really IS good!    What do you EAT anyway?  Crackers and milk?   Or Milk Toast?   Maybe Spam and eggs?  Ha, ha!!!! 

Jo, she is going to stomp right through here & wring my neck!  Let's whack her while the whackin' is good, at LEAST while she is still awake! 

And my bra has hooks all down the front....need them to tame the girls!  And my straps also have adjustable straps! 

And Jo!  I think that girl has it on backwards!  Man, you need 2 people to put that thing on!   I am built just LIKE that girl!!!  Wink Yeah, like when I was 16!

xoxoxoxoxo  This is Congee, with different things you can add on top!  ...like anchovies, I think...and maybe snails...Wink Or maybe joo-joo bees! 

• jo1955
    Options

Chevy - I have had Congee and it is good.  Beans & GD just don't know what is good for them.  See, we will have to stick together on this one.

• FireKracker
    Options

thanks Beanius  for the backup on the food and the fugly bra.

do you know why Toris lymphedema went away so quickly.if i remember correctly she went about 2-3x for PT.does that really happen.YOU MY SISTA ARE THE EXPERT.

Chevy--where are you..laying some asphalt in your garden without gloves i bet.or maybe eating whats it called again?????my kids would say what kinda slop food is that?????whats in it anyway?????

• Chevyboy
    Options

No you dink!  I said I WORE gloves when I put asphalt in between the flag-stone, AND when I color my hair!   I gave you the recipe, because I really think you would like it!  

But little honey, I thought you said you don't have lymphedema!  That you have something else...I forget what....just some sort of swelling?  I know it will get better with time....

Jo, where are you?  She is obsessing again!  WHACK, Whack! xoxoxoxoxo

• FireKracker
    Options

CHEVY-sista darlin-what kinda rice is it.WHITE????i eat only brown.i bet its white right.i cannot eat your food.period.i dont eat much but if and when i do it has to be something i can swallow.Like for dinner ill have chicken baked(boring) with avacado and some grapes.for desert ill have maybe 1 piece of 90% dark chocolate.later ill have a glass of almond milk,more licorice,and maybe an apple.

and when i finish with that fugly bra im gonna mail it to you..try wearing it 24/7.just for 1 day.then we can talk.ok?

this is starting to look like 2 against 2....play nice girls.WE ARE AFTER RADS REMEMBER.

I READ THAT PAPER OVER AND OVER AGAIN.IM HOME FOR 2 WEEKS.GONNA DRIVE YOU CRAZY.

I wish i could post pics.i would show you ladies what the meaning of fugly really is...but i dont know how.lucky you.all of you.

happy Sunday.hugggggggggs to everyone Kantalope

• Chevyboy
    Options

Honey!  You can use brown rice, or whatever you want!  And I put baked chicken in it also!  See?  No Excuses!  You can even top it with avadado alices & Cilantro!  You really do eat healthy..And it's no wonder you weight 62 pounds!   No...don't send me your favorite bra, or whatever it is...I just ordered 3 more of that kind I told you about...

Is it just me and you babe?  Love you! xoxoxoxo