Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

For Older People with Sense

Comments

• Isabella4
    Isabella4 Member Posts: 1,352

I often wish I was back when my children were young...it really was the best time of my life. No other time has come close, apart from when the g/children were all arriving, and I was called up again to watch them while their parents worked.... just re-living my earlier days !

I still do the school run now and again...tho' the 'child' I run around is 14 now, and DOES NOT like his G/mother to be seen picking him up !! I have started running G/daughter to dr's appointments, playgroup, and have just started collecting her from dancing lessons....and I just love it ! Never hear me moaning about the cost of petrol when I'm with the children! ( I spend the rest of my life doing that !!!)

Have had a trip into town today... I needed a piping foot for my sewing machine. I have had the house upside down over the w/end, but it's completely gone. In fact, I have 2 somewhere, and I really need one for a project I have on the go. To hear the man at the sewing machine shop talk I need to buy a new machine !!! Bear in mind the machine I am using at the moment is only about 8/9 months old! As soon as I mentioned I bought this particular machine online he just changed, and told me to contact the online shop I got the machine from.....nasty little man. I really researched the particular machine I bought , I did go into this particular sewing shop, and he could nowhere near match the online price. As far as I remember, his price was more than twice what I paid online. I have 1 more shop to try tomorrow, and I won't be mentioning that I bought a machine online. Its not as if its some obscure make, its a Toyota for Jeans machine, a very popular make. I also have 2 Singers, a Bernina, and an industrial machine...no idea what make....fantastic for rattling off curtains, but not for dressmaking..... unless its just me !

I bought myself a pair of 'harem' trousers while I was in town. I keep seeing my G/daughters wearing them, and have fancied them for a while. No doubt I shall look a sight in them, so will end up cutting the bottoms off, and making them back into ordinary trousers again ! What I should have done was to quickly make myself a pair to see what they looked like on ! But...there was a sale on, and I liked the look of the ones I bought,.......which weren't actually IN the sale !!!! But it sounds better if I say there was a sale on !!!!

Isabella.

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262

mazie - when you go to insert the picture there is a place to put the size in so put 512 in the frist box and 384 in the second box and it should be the right size.

Isabella - you always make me smile with your stories.  Aren't grandchildren such fun?  I miss mine with them living so far away, but I will get to see 3 of them later this week when we go to Oklahoma and then I will see the other hopefully 3 at the end of July when we go for the birth of their third child.  I will be posting pictures of all of them when I can. Enjoy the harem trousers the grand daughter will get a kick out of seeing you in them. 

• Elisimo

Lisa - the rose is beautiful.

• dragonflymary
    dragonflymary Member Posts: 325

Amyjo, so glad you got someone to help with the pain issue.  We all need to feel like the doctor and nurses hear what we say and take it seriously.  I used to be a nurse so I'm really hard on the staff--this year I'm going to try to be a little nicer but I just don't want them to blow me off!  Oh the things this whole disease teaches us.  Lynda

• Elisimo

I know we have definately got to be our own advocate with this disease.  I do have a good staff working with me for the most part. There are just a few that are not as caring, but they are generally the new people and they learn pretty quickly not to mess with me since I tell the Dr on them and no one messes with his "sister".  He is not really my brother, but he tells everyone that I am his sister. 

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150

Lisa, the rose is simply beautiful. Thanks for letting us see!

AmyJo, thanks for the photobucket help for Mazie.  I need to upload some pictures from GS's 2nd birthday celebration and the sizing info will help me too.  I'm so glad you got some answers and some help from your dr.  He really sounds amazing and I'm glad you have someone who actually cares about you, too.  And he really must, telling people you're his sister!   My onco isn't at all like that, and appears to be around 14 years old.  Nothing remarkable has happened with him, certainly, but I can't relate to him well.  

Isabella, I saw the Gypsy wedding show on TV and was simply astounded.  The dresses were incredible, and goodness, the people were so very young, too.  That first communion dress that weighed as much as the child wearing it was amazing.  Harem trousers?  Are they sort of ballooned at the bottoms?

And Mazie, hope you can post that picture.  We all want to see sweet Olivia Anne.

Kathy

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

hey ladies, i all let you know  about my siter, Rae, a little while ago, and today she joined the Lord, and my mum. seven this morning... i'm not quite sure what to do with myself, as yet. we had a conversation last week that with her health, and mine, we probably wouldn't be seeing each other on this earth again, and so it is... i'm postiing the flowers for her, and then gonna go lie down. it was a blow, not a shock, but a blow...    3jays

• 3jaysmom
    Rest in PeaceRAE.. i love you.. 3jays
  • valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

♥ ♥ ♥

♥ ♥ ♥

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

♥ ♥ ♥

♥ ♥ ♥

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Big hugs 3Jays.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

My sympathy 3Jays.

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997

3Jays,

So sorry for your loss. 

Blessings

Ginger

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929

3jays, I am so sorry to hear about your sister. I have two sisters so I know how special that relationship is and can only imagine the depth of your pain.

May G-d send you comfort.

Leah

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

3Jays, I have emailed you.  Sorry for your loss.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• mazie1121
    mazie1121 Member Posts: 62

3Jays,

I am so sorry for your loss.

Marianne

• mazie1121

I am hoping that this time the picture works.  Our lives, so many times, are surrounded by sadness.  Thank you all for welcoming Olivia into this world.  Thank you AmyJo for letting me know how to do this.

Olivia Anne" mce_src="Olivia Anne" alt="Olivia Anne" border="" hspace="" vspace="" width="512" height="384" align="" />

• mazie1121

Okay, Sorry it came up twice.  I'll figure that out later.

Today I'm going to Johns Hopkins to see if I'm eligible for any clinical trials that are being run so wish me luck.  I'm no longer able to take Herceptin until my heart gets stronger so I'm hoping this may be an alternative.

Yesterday, I had an Endoscopy done and found I have a large ulcer with something called Barrett's Esophagus.  It never seems to end. 

I am so fortunate to now have a granddaughter and it has seemed that each time I have a great happiness come my way I also have a health setback.  Sorry, I'm just a little down but know all of you understand.

Thank you.

Marianne

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

{{{3jays}}} I am so sorry for your loss.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Marianne, she is so adorable! Good job on getting the picture up!.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Oh my, the circle of life grinds on. My heartfelt sorrow for your loss 3jays, mon cherie....

and Marianne, what a blessed angel you have been given!!! A beautiful picture of a perfect doll!

• Oh 3jays,   I seldom do the hug thing, but you sure do deserve one.  I am sooo sorry about your sister and will call you later today. 

Marianne, I am almost certain that is what my one boss has....I  am going to ask him about it today. Beautiful baby.

Barbe, so true.  Do you know that song the Circle Game.....it's one of my favorites...about the carousel or life. 

• 3jaysmom

one of my fav.  songs, the Joni Mitchell version.. she was a frined in the 70's (wild times...) thanks, the thoughts warm me, where i am so cold in my soul. i love you guys.. im so grateful i've found such a great, loving community.  she knew how precious you were to me, and it encouraged her that i'd have you when she was gone,,.. love you all. you're precious to me!   can't type thruthe tears, but i DO  know what a beautiful journey she has begun.. much Better than this one was!   i am so grateful to have you here on my side. can't seem to stop from cryimg, so i'll get off for now./ 3jsyd

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

May you have peace and comfort 3jays.

• 3jays. My deep felt sympathy for the loss of your sister. I am sure the tears are flowing. I will keep you in my prayers for comfort

Marianne. She is a little angel Best wishes on your grand daughter and continued prayers for your health mo more setbacks alowed

• Maya2
    Maya2 Member Posts: 244
    3jays, sending hugs and love. May you have peace.
  • Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929

Marianne, that is one BEAUTIFUL baby!

Leah

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184

THAT BABY IS AMAZING, WHAT A CUTIE

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184

3 Jays

• Elisimo

3jays - go ahead and cry all you need to.  It is so hard to lose someone you love so much.  My prayers for you are that God will keep you in his comforting embrace while you go through this time of loss.

Marianne - Oliva Anne is a beautiful baby.  What a blessing to have, and prayers for you that your health will soon get better so that you can enjoy that wonderful new baby girl.

Lisa - the rose is amazing. Thank you for sharing it with us.