Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

For Older People with Sense

Comments

• lmbrickey
    lmbrickey Member Posts: 1

now this is what im talkin about..calm stillness love in the wake...how to get it with all the demands of others..get a hotel and check in..until i am tired of reading learning thinking day dreaming..ha ha..NOT happening...Please let me be a light of love...not a complainting blabber mouth..tee heee..

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Liesha, we all go through where you are at perhaps chatting here will help to get you to where you want to be.  It's better to let it out than keep it inside and what you share is always halved.  Welcome.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262

Leah - Congratulation on the new granddaughter. Michal is a beautiful name.  I know there are so many special times ahead for the two of you.

Imbrickey - I don't remember welcoming you to our group. Glad you found us.  Hope you find all the encouragement, support, and friendship here you need.  This is the best group of ladies around.

Chrissy - So excited about Sept.  I will see you soon. I have your room ready and waiting. 

• chrissyb

Hi girls, hope each and every one of you are having a good day!

Amyjo, you are so sweet.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you are doing.

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

hi girls, just cking on all of you..after the Real Housewives, of course..lol.... been a strange wkend.. so knocked out in the day, can't stay awake,  then, about 11pm wide awake.. i hate it!! well, the 19th can't come soon enough!! i'll see what i can do about sleep after thats' done..

Leisha: this is a warm, welcome thread in the middle of what can be catfight...yowlll im really grateful for it...please, jump right in, and welcome..

hope your weekends went well, gals... off to my new book.............3jays

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Hi all

Just passing by before I am off to bed. Hope you are feeling better 3jays, praying all goes well on the 19th.

Have had a monster migraine, started just as church brgan. So pleased I had said I couldn't have GD as was really bad by the time I got home. Much better tonight but eye is sore and feeling very fuzzy.

Hope you have a good day.

• chrissyb

Alyson, sure hope that migraine passes soon.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Alyson }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Bad enough the rest of the crap we have to go through!!! Have you picked out your bathroom fixtures yet? Did you consider a higher toilet? Makes all the difference as you get older...you won't regret the extra $40 or so, I promise!

• Had CAT scan this AM and stopped by and got the bone scan report.....I still have it all over the place, but the dr who read it said No Significant Change.  That is good.  Maybe I am an alarmist, but I honestly was worried because that right shoulder has been hurting and then when the ortopedic doctor was showing me the mets in his xay, I thought Oh great!  The fact they aren't telling me the bone mets are going crazy means( didn't say stable, but at least they have not grown) I can call the orthopedic doctor and say Yes, I can do a cortisone shot in my shoulder.  So that is all I know for today.  Will be spending the rest of the afternoon with eye drs....the one who plucks my eyelashes out and is going to give me a RX for reading glasses and the one who did the cataracts.  I think I will take a neck pillow with me and sleep. 

• chrissyb

Awe Marybe   (((((hugs)))))) the bone scan was good just hoping the CT is too.  Enjoy your snooze at the docs!!!  if you can while they pull your eye lashes out!!!  ouch!!!

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

wow!!where is  everyone today??? off to the drs today. i hope I get good news, too... like a soon surgery, and pillshahhaha   ....hope everyone is well. im sooo happy for you, Marybe. i'll be calling tonight or tommorrw........3jays

• 3jays,  Will be thinking of you all day today and saying my prayers and hoping it is good news you get or at least a plan of action. 

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

(((3jays))) hoping for a solid plan of action for you today!

Marybe, fingers and toes crossed the CT scan results are good!

• GramE
    GramE Member Posts: 2,234

Talk about having "more sense".....   The other night I got up to go potty and rammed my toe into a wooden step stool.   Of course I did not realize I broke the toe until I woke the next morning.   No sense in going to the er or doctors since all they do is tape it to the next toe, which I did.   Ice and elevate - excellent excuse for not going to a couple of places I really did not want to go to in the first place...   

Hugs and Blessings for all, Nancy 

• chrissyb

Oooo Nancy!  I sure hope that heals soon!   As you say though, a good excuse not to do some things....take it easy girl!

3jays I've got everything crossed that can be crossed and hoping that you get some good news that will help to make you feel a whole lot better!

Yay Marybe!!!!! Those scan results are great!!!!!   Yahoo!!!!!  and you thought it wasn't working...........

Love n hugs to all.  Chrissy

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929

3jays, I hope all goes as you want it at the doc's.

Leah

• barbe1958

Marybe, enjoy that cortisone shot!!!

3jays, what can I say...I hope you have a positive experience today because I know you are near the bottom of the barrel emotionally over this issue.... please God, protect that doctor if he pisses off Cherie!!!!

Please, please let us know how it all goes!! I hope surgery is quick and there are pills that can assist.

• CT results were not good.....all liver mets have increased in size so I would say it is a pretty sure thing the halaven did not work.  

• lassie11
    lassie11 Member Posts: 468

((((Marybe))))

• barbe1958

Ah SHIT Marybe!!!!! That is crap news. What now

•   Don't know, but I would say a wild vacation in the Ozarks is in order!!! 

• barbe1958

eeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! I`ll join you!!"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• barbaraa

{{{MARYBE}}} I hope you can get on a new chemo that will work. Did xeloda work for you before? Maybe you can try it again.

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929

Oh, Marybe, that is awful! What did your onc suggest for your next treatment?

Sending you lots of love.

Leah

• So far as I know, he has no idea about what the scans showed....he is on vacation til next week.  I have never done Xeloda, Barb.  This is the one I wanted to try because of a friend on here and also because the onco at MDA recommended it several times, but my onco was so sure the Halaven was the answer.  

I am going outside to sweat a little....it is a real scorcher, but I picked up some new plants I want to get into baskets.....therapy.  

• barbaraa

Oh, Marybe, I think you should give it a shot. Hugs, gal pal.

• dragonflymary
    dragonflymary Member Posts: 325

Marybe, so sorry to hear about your results.  Prayers going up here.  So hope you can get a better plan of action--it doesn't sound like anyone is really listening to you. 

Love,

Dragon

• Maya2
    Maya2 Member Posts: 244

Marybe, your candle is lit. Right next to 3jays.

• chrissyb

Awe Marybe I was hoping the CT was as good as the bone scan.  Here's hoping that your onc tries Xeloda anad it kicks cancer's  butt!  

Roll on September!!!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262

Marybe - Hope you onco will listen to what you want to try when he gets back from his vacation.  There are new things coming along all the time now.  I just wish one was a cure and not just another treatment to try and keep things stable.  

I need a wild vacation in the Ozarks too!!!!  Come September!!!!!

I have an infection that is causing my feet and ankles to swell and a rash around my ankles.  I thought it was cleared up until last Thursday night when it started again.  Called the onco Friday and got 2 Rx and then saw him today to see how things were going and he said to keep taking the lasik and the antiB and he will see me again on the 2nd.  I will be getting new labs then and the Aredia IV.  The labs I had last time did not show any signs of an infection so we are just treating the symptoms for now and he told me to stop pulling weed and digging in the dirt with my bare hands.  I told him I would try to stop and DH told him that is my latest form of therapy.  He laughed and said "you don't need therapy for awhile, just wait for that new grandbaby".  He said he thinks it is a staff infection and it will clear up with the antiB that he has given me, if I stay out of the dirt and all the ants and other bugs that are there.  We'll see.