Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

For Older People with Sense

Comments

• Dilly
    Dilly Member Posts: 394

((( Marybe)))

• dragonflymary
    dragonflymary Member Posts: 325

Marybe, sorry you had such an unproductive Dr. visit.  I hate that kind of stuff.  And I know how you feel about ruining your week.  My time is so precious right now, and I'm sure your's is also.  I think sometimes doctors forget how they come across and just make random remarks that just produce more anxiety.  My husband's urologist just said "You have cancer" and walked out of the room!  No explanation or anything else.  He wins the prize for the worst bedside manner ever.  Love to you and you're in my thoughts on this journey.

Lynda (Dragon)

• Beetlebum
    Beetlebum Member Posts: 26

Rosieo, I still have not taken the Arimidex.  I got the prescription filled and took it for a couple of weeks, then stopped.  I just hate to take so much medicine.  Plus, the SEs that were listed were not encouraging.  I am finishing up with Rads and after that I will go to my Dr.  I am going to talk to him about it again.  I may end up taking it.  Still not sure.

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

dragonfly.. i think your DH's dr wins the huge AHole award!!! it wasn;t much better with my bs; but wow!!!

Marybe.. you know your on the daily prayer list.. bc does reverse our world, indeed.. we want disability so we can do... but; you deserve to travel; and go as long as you can.. forget the bc, mets., etc..  none of us getting any younger!!!

my "big" trip will be to shell knob, also known as "mecca" if i can make it!don't need a passport for that one!!!

Bettlebum/Rosario: i "flunked" all the rx ALs was on some supplements for awhile, now, nothing, till they straighten out the thyroid mess...   3jays

• CA 27/29  3,173.9!!! How do ya like them apples?   I told the nurse to MAKE SURE HE SEES IT.  I just don't know what to think.....even if this is not a conslusive test, I am not happy about it at all.  Will post more later, am on lunch hour.  

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Oh Marybe!!! I wish I could be there to comfort you for what it's worth. You must be freaking out inside. That's a huge jump! Now, let me ask a dumb question. Some ladies are told that the markers go up as the DEAD cancer cells flood their system. Is that true, or is it bullshit!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ BIG HUGS }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

{{{MARYBE}}}

• Isabella4
    Isabella4 Member Posts: 1,352

Oh, Marybe, thinking about you. I do not know how on earth you cope with what you are being dealt. I hope someone looks and listens now....what a numbers jump. Can you request an extra appointment to try and see what to do now ? Are you really going to try and stop working now...or does work take your mind off things ? I am slowly shedding off work that I know I cannot do properly nowadays....my job is for much younger people than me !

I've had a good day at market today. I was pleased with myself, as I got the highest price for the day £1350...$2180...I shall get my name in the local paper now!! I hate that they do this. I am a private person..but no-one listens !!!!!! I was quite upset to see my friend go, had to come away, couldn't watch someone else have her. Then I came home and sold a puppy,( which was promptly named Harper, after Victoria Beckhams new baby....doesn't take long for people to make fools of themselves ) so feel like I have won the lottery today !!! Oh, and another stroke of luck. My electric bill turned up today, and instead of the £400....$644, I was expecting I got £30 credit.....$48. HOW on earth this has happened I do not know, but I am sure as h*ll not querying it !! My electric always runs pretty high, it can be twice/ three times as much in winter....I haven't really tried to cut down anywhere, I always feel I have to have light, hot water, and the odd heater... oh..... and about 30 heat lamps in my kennels. I do charge people a small amount in winter, for their dogs heat, but half of the heat lamps are over my own dogs and puppies !!  Really could do with a big windmill outside my house, together with a well, as my water bills are worse than the electricity bills, they can run at around $2,000 4 times a year..but then there are lots of sheep and cattle drinking, beside my manic washing machines.

I'm off to bed now, totally wiped out by an early start. I was up at 6.30, and I don't normally get out of bed until 9am. My walking is about done for the day, my legs feel as if they don't belong to me, and my spine is screaming for a long, hot shower, and a nice comfortable bed.

Isabella.

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150

{{{{Marybe}}}}--hope you'll be able to get extended appt to talk about what's happening here and see if the chemo should possibly be changed to something more effective.  I wish you luck and speed with your SSDI app.  Logically, it certainly should go smoothly, but then I also know that logic and government are antonyms. My experience in DSS work showed me that many applying for disability are denied with the initial application and the key is in the appeal.  Know that you're always in my prayers, every day. 

Welcome, Rosieo.  I'm sure you'll like it here and we look forward to getting to know you.  I take arimidex (generic), and so far, so good.  I'm 61 now and the main se I have is stiffness when getting up after driving or sitting a while.

3jays got it right about your DH's dr's award, Lynda.  What a jerk!

3jays, you'll make it to Shell Knob!  You're also in my prayers every day.  Is it the 19th when you go back?

Isabella, glad you had a productive day and got a good price for your special cow.  Now I don't think Harper's such a bad name, but I wouldn't name a dog after a celeb's baby!  I don't like our dog's name (Bud) but he was a rescue dog and already named when we got him, so Bud he remains.

We got a little relief from the heat yesterday evening with a thunderstorm, heavy wind and rain, and it came up suddenly.  Today has been tolerable.  

Hello to everybody, and hope all are doing well today.

Kathy

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262

Barbe - the numbers do not go up because of dead cancer cells. That is B^!!SH!&.

Marybe - Wow what a jump in numbers.  Sending lots of {{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}} and continuing with the prayers.  Your dr is an idiot and that is putting it mildly.  I would be all over him like white on rice until I got the information I needed.   ----- For the purpose of the SSDI your disability began on the day of your Stage IV diagnosis.  That may have been years ago, but that is the date you should use.  They will want to know the history of treatment since then and what the treatment is now.  The may ask for a lot of paper work to show all of this.  Just take it one step at a time and everything should go fine.  I had no problem getting approved the first time.  It took about a month for me to start getting my checks once the approval was made.  Go ahead and retire once you get the approval and start doing all the things you want to do.  If you need a traveling buddy, just call and maybe we can work something out.  Take care my dear friend. 

• 3jaysmom

marybe... i'm speechless!!! now what, where , how.. and don't let him off easy. get a plan.. im so sorry..

Yes, my drs. appt is for the 19th; its' the 1st time i see this endo/surgeon; so, i'll finally get some answers... im keeping you all in my prayers, and thoughts.

Stupidly rearranged furniture and cleaned rugs (holding my walker ) the last few days, and am pooped.. so i;m off to my bed to read. as exhausted as i am; sleep, alas, elludes me........3jays

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Amyjo, thanks for being honest about the dead cancer cell theory. I honestly didn't know. I guess I was kind of hoping it was true for Marybe's sake....sigh.

Thinking of you today Marybe as your mind sorts all the options and tries to come to a answer. It probably won't be a single answer, there will probably be plans B and C as well. Did you talk to the dentist last night after work about working part time?

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Hi Brenda, not sure if I've seen you here before and in case I haven't, a big warm welcome to you.  Pull up a pew, put your feet up and relax.  Join in anytime the need takes you.

Awe Marybe, (((((((hugs)))))) and prayers for you.  These numbers are not what we want to hear!!!  I sure hope your doc and you can work on another plan to get them heading in the other direction.

3jays, take it easy!!!   pulling out cupboards and cleaning rugs is  not the thing to be doing right now!  Keep your strength for getting well.

The travel agent emailed me the first draft of the itinerary for my trip and it gave me goos bumps to read it.  She sure did take note of what I said and has got it almost perfect.  There are a couple of little things that could be a problem but I'm sure we can sort those out.    Oh my!!!   It's getting so close!!!   I wakr each morning and realise it's one day sooner.....lol.....I'm like a five year old waiting for christmas!!!!

Love n hugs to all.  Chrissy

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,894

New thread on social security questions answered by a lawyer whose wife has BC. Knows his stuff------posting on a bunch of threads---------go to financial forum

Can't make link work without trouble, not up for it.

• barbaraa

Chrissy, I can't WAIT to meet you in the flesh!!!! It will be so good to see AmyJo, Marybe and 3jays then get to meet Barbe! Who else is coming Marybe?

• chrissyb

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend!!!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Elisimo

I am so excited that the time is going by so fast and Sept will be here before we know it.  It will be so good to see everyone.  I love that Marybe set this up for us for this trip. Thanks, Marybe you are a dear friend.  Hope you are having a good weekend.  We are headed to a party with some friends from church.  I think we are having BBQ Chicken and everyone is bringing a side item.  I am bringing baked beans and bread.  Everyone take care of yourselfs.

• barbaraa
    I can't wait AJ!! Looks like we are in for a thunderstorm. Sky is black. And I was going to go to the pool. Yell Well, it is the rainy season and they go away pretty quick. Tonight will be an HGTV night with no wrestling for the remote changer. DH is working.
  • Elisimo

Barb - enjoy the HGTV evening.  

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929

Well, I've been reading and keeping up with you guys here but not posting (still can't figure out why, it just is).

And the good news is - I have a new granddaughter! Her name is Michal and she was born at 2AM Fri night/Sat morning.

Grandchildren are THE BEST.

Leah

• barbaraa

LEAH!! How wonderful!!! Congrat!!!!

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150

Congratulations, Leah!!

Kathy

• susgul
    susgul Member Posts: 104

Leah,

Congratulations!

• chrissyb

Ooooo Leah! a beautiful little girl!!!!    Congratulations!!!!!!  How wonderful grandchildren are......true bundles of love!!!

Well girls I have the 1st draft of my travel itinerary to go over so the ticket can be booked!!!   I am amazed that it has come around so quickly...yes, just six weeks and a few days and I will be in the USA!!!   Waahoooo!!!!!   Must go, got lots to get through so I can give the go ahead!!!   I am sooooo excited!!

Love n hugs to all.   Chrissy

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Leah that is such great news. Pictures please?

Chrissy are you coming this way on your way home? I would so love to see you. Rae would probably come up as well.

The cats are telling me it is their tea time but I am still feeling fuzzy after a migraine which started at church, have dozed this afternoon.

• 3jaysmom

if you WERE going to post; this would be the time!!!!Mazel Tov.!!!! grandbabies ar ejust the best.. a big but gentle kiss to new Michal... we need to smell that wonderful baby smell... congrats to new bubbie......3jays

• 3jaysmom
    Congratulations on your new grandsonwasn't sure..i gotta 50/50 chance..soo...
  • 3jaysmom
    this one covers it all....3jays
  • 3jaysmom

chrissy...waiting, and cleaning up your room.....can't wait!!3jays

• chrissyb

Alyson, I've got two days pencilled in but I'm going to try for three if that is okay with you.  Which ever it is, I'm definitely having a stop over there so I shall be seeing you in October!

3jays, I've just emailed you!