Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

For Older People with Sense

Comments

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Actually, we will be in Shell Knob, MO. I will be driving from Tulsa (will be there for work).

• LynMichel
    LynMichel Member Posts: 87

Welcome Kaara.  This is a great site with lots of useful info about BC.  It has helped me out a lot to feel I am not alone in this particular journey in my life.  Your pics are really great Lisa.  I enjoy looking at them.

I live in PA and we have been under water this week from tropical storm Lee.  DH and I had to cut our vacation short because of the flooding.  But that is the way it is.  I sound like Eeyore!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

LynMichel.............I'm from Pa. too.................it is horrible..............where in Pa are you from..................I am from Delaware County, Pa............and we have had our share of rain................many flooded in our area too...................such a shame.

Kaara................Welcome, some of the kindest people reside here in BCO.......you will love it here................they lift your spirit.

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262

Well the day is finally here!!!! I am at the airport waiting for Chrissy's flight to come in,should be about 25 more minutes. Yeah! ! ! !

• barbaraa

YAY!! Give her a big hug and give one to Mel from me!

• Elisimo

Will do. Wish you could be here too. Sorry you have to work & travel so much. See you soon in MO.

• Elisimo

Where is everyone tonight?  Chrissy is here in Raleigh now and we went to Red Robin for dinner and we are having a great time together.  She is such a delight to be around,  Even Daisy Dog likes her, she even brought Chrissy her favorite toy to play with for about 3 minutes!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday evening. 

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150

Hey AmyJo and Chrissy!  Welcome to NC, Chrissy!  You've already done something I've never done, eaten at a Red Robin. We don't have any in this area.  And you passed the Daisy Dog test!! I know I've been absent from the boards here for a while, but I do read every day.  No problems except having no time!  We keep GS, who is 2 in all its glory and then some, and is into everything!  Nights and weekends are when I have to do laundry, clean a bit, and wind down!  Hopefully next week, with him in preschool 3 hours for 2 days, things will improve.

Anyhow, do you gals go to the Outer Banks tomorrow?  If so, have a safe and happy trip and tell SV hey for me!  

You're having such an incredible adventure, Chrissy!  

Kathy

• Elisimo

Kathy - wish you could have come to meet Chrissy.  She is such a delight to visit with.  Next time you come to Raleigh let me know and we will go to Red Robin.

I really am off to bed this time.  Night all. 

• LynMichel

Duckyb I'm from Nothumberland county in PA.  To add insult to injury, we had flash flooding last night from thunderstorms.  We don't live near the Susquehanna but my MIL does and we helped her move her stuff out and then back in her house.

Sounds like you're having fun Chrissy.

• LynMichel

I'm sorry ladies, but I have to vent.  My brother-in-law just commited suicide this afternoon with his children in the house.  I wasn't particularly close with him.  But he was still my husband's brother.  I'm not looking forward to going to his funeral before my BC surgery.  Life is very strange sometimes.  Rest in peace Jeff.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Oh LynMichel, that's terrible!  It's so sad when people cannot see a way out of the problems and decide to end their lives but to do it with children in the house is just.............I have no words that would describe the act adequately.   I feel for those he has left behind.......my condolences to you, his brother and the rest of his family.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Elisimo

LynMichel - so sorry to hear your news. Praying for comfort for all the family.

• lassie11
    lassie11 Member Posts: 468

Sorry to hear that LynMichel. It must be a hard time for all of you.

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929

LynMichel, I am so sorry to hear this terrible news.  I cannot begin to fathom what you and your family must be going through right now. I am crying for his children. May G-d send them comfort.

Leah

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150

LynMichel, I am so sorry to hear about this.  Will be praying for peace for the family.

Kathy

• walley
    walley Member Posts: 195

LynMichael

So sorry to hear your sad news.Prayers are with you and your family.

• LynMichel

Thank you everyone.  I just feel numb today.

• mazie1121
    mazie1121 Member Posts: 62

LynMichel

I am so sorry to hear your news.  My prayers are with you and your family. 

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

So tragic LynMichel, my prayers are added to all the rest.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

LynMichel, may the strength of love guide you and your family through this horrible time.

• barbaraa

Lynmichel, so terrible. Prayers for his friends and family.

• Dilly
    Dilly Member Posts: 394

LynMichel, please accept my condolences to you and your family. What a terrible time it must be for you all.  I'll be thinking of you during the weeks and months to come, and sending thoughts of love, peace, and strength.

• Isabella4
    Isabella4 Member Posts: 1,352

LynMichel. I am so very sorry to hear your family news.

It is a terrible thing for those left behind, particularly the children.

My DH No1 tried it 3 times....the devastation he caused I will never forgive him for. My children were in the house all 3 times, and had to witness police, doctors and ambulances at the house. He then spent protracted times in various psychiatric hospitals. We could stand it no more and walked away and left him. I could NOT put my children thru' living like that. ( they were approx. 10 and 13 ) I got 'rats leaving a sinking ship' from a lot of DHs relatives, but my children were my priority, not his behavior. My DD had always been a handful, but she really went into 3-4 years of terrible challenging behavior after we left. My son it never (well openly) bothered, he would just not talk about it. DD tried to contact her father to start to rebuild their relationship, but the £$%^&* got too close to her, and 'touched her inappropriatly' She was devastated again...her father was locked up for a while, and they have never spoken in 30 years....sad....but DHs relatives were quiet this second time !

Look after the children, they need someone to talk it out with.

Isabella.

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184

So sorry Lyn, hugs to his family...

I took this at Moonrise...just after sunset

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

i'm so sorry, Lynn.. will be thinking of you, and yours. suicide  is always a horrible thing..

Im so sorry you had to go thru so much, Isabella. good move for your kids. he  really WAS a sick man,eh? hope you're feeling better, and the pup  got taken to his /her forever home.......3jays

• dragonflymary
    dragonflymary Member Posts: 325

So sorry about this shock, Lyn.  This is not the kind of stress you need right now, and certainly his children shouldn't have to go through this.  Just do what you have to in order to prepare for your surgery--that's the most important thing for you right now.  Take care and you're in my thoughts.

Lynda

• marthah
    marthah Member Posts: 195

Lyn,

I'm so sorry to hear of this. My heart goes out to your family, and especially his children. 

Blessings, Martha

• LynMichel

Thank you everyone.  I attended my BIL's funeral service tonight.  It was a difficult night to say the least.  It was the same funeral home where my mother, father and father-in-law were taken.  So there were lots of memories and tears for me there.

So sorry Isabella for what you went through with your husband.  You're so right about the kids too.  They will definitely need counseling.

My husband's brother was always angry.  His family doctor offered to put him on anti-depressants and he refused.  He went to anger management and said the person running it was putting him down.  His family lived next door to us.  He and his wife were separated and the kids were living with him.  His daughter called us and said Dad shot himself and she called 911.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Oh LynMichel that is a terrible memory for a child to carry and one that will always be with her no matter how much counselling she has.  (((((((Hugs)))))))) to you as deal with what has happened and the memories that the funeral bought back.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy