Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

ER-, PR-, Her2+ Roll call

Comments

• VintageGal1111
    VintageGal1111 Member Posts: 126

Today is my last A&C. Neulasta tomorrow. Then I will go on to T&H weekly for 3 months. Then Herceptin alone for the next 9 months after that. The blood draw nurse said the SEs won't be much of anything at all. We will see huh!? How have you done on the T&H?

Hope you all have a good day.

VintageGal

• soriya123
    soriya123 Member Posts: 384

Hi Ladies, Finished TCH#6 on Oct 30, still feeling very tired, feet sored n no appetite.  I want my energy back.  anyway will be on Herceptin tll July 2014.  I hope my heart can handle it.  

• sewingnut
    sewingnut Member Posts: 475

BanR, I think it depends on where you are treated at. My facility uses TCH. I know one facility that uses ACTH are going to the 3 week regime instead of dose dense. It seems to be what ever your Onc feels comfortable with. I had TC X6 with H every week in between. I finished the remaining 12 H every 3 weeks.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,264

Ban: I'm ER/PR negative and HER2 positive. I think the standard depends on what part of the country you live in and even more on your MO. I had 6 treatments of taxotere/carboplatin/hereceptin & Perjeta every 3 weeks; then ALND surgery; now doing adrimacyn & cytoxan for 4 treatments every 3 weeks since the tumor was larger than they anticipated & I had a positive lymph node. Future will back on Herceptin every 3 weeks for a year and 6-7 weeks of radiation.

• Viji
    Viji Member Posts: 89

I am having 4 treatments of TC and herceptin for a year, every three weeks once.

• annika12
    annika12 Member Posts: 92

I did 4 AC every other week then 12 taxols weekly with herceptin , I have one left yipiii !! Ac was very very hard on me but shrunk my lymph node to nothing :) Taxol has been pretty easy on me....hair growing back (about 1/2 inch ) my biggest thing is my intestine's , painful hands and my nail are ugly !! No walk in the park by no means but I can feel life returning and I feel hopeful !! I will start herceptin every 3rd week after my surgery in Dec. For a total of 52 weeks. And though I am hormone Neg. My doc is suggesting hormone therapy , haven't decided on that one yet !!

• Grannyof3
    Grannyof3 Member Posts: 18

Hi ladies,

Had my LAST herceptin today. Yeah!!! For me, the herceptin was a walk in the park compared to the chemo. Just got a little tired a day or two after treatment. No other side effects at all.

For those of you just starting out, you CAN get through this!!

Next stop on my cancer journey is my reconstruction next month. What a relief to finally see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Best wishes to all

• Viji

Thanks for the encouraging words Warriorgran! I often wonder what life will be like after treatment-right now it seems endless...

• VintageGal1111
    VintageGal1111 Member Posts: 126

Hi MinusTwo

I am EP- PR- HER2+ also. I just had my last A&C. (yay!) 2 months, every other week. Neulasta shot tomorrow. (last one) Nov 19th I will start weekly Taxol & Herceptin, for 3 months. H to continue for 9 months after that. (yeah long haul)

Then we revisit more surgery. Maybe. I had 2 masses removed from chest wall in Aug, as well as 14 nodes, 2 positive. But it could be mastectomy in the future, & radiation. (yep another road to travel)

But I will do it, as you & all of us gals will, however we can, in whatever mode & attitude works!

VintageGal

• minustwo

Annika: Did the doc say why he is recommending hormone therapy when you're ER/PR negative?

• soriya123
    soriya123 Member Posts: 384

ER/PR-, I thought no hormal pill for that.  Maybe cus you have low% of er/pr+?  I read on other thread some MO recommend hormal therapy.

• annika12

my primary cancer was very small and he is worried the 3% might not be accurate !! The first test was 0% . I guess 9% is considered +

• stellina
    stellina Member Posts: 50

Hello, all! :)

Viji: well, we must stay patient and strong and keep going, at a certain point we will have made it through... Tomorrow morning I go to have my blood tests before round 2 of chemo. I hope the tests will turn out fine, I really really realy wish to have all rounds on schedule. From what I read, you're planned for the chemo bar these days, I hope al was well for you.

Annika - my onc said that hormonal therapy is out of the question for me since my tumor is hormone negative. I read your answer above, but it's not very clear to me...

All the best to all of you!

• patriciahurtado
    patriciahurtado Member Posts: 85

good morning ladies I'm glad everyone is feeling great and moving right along with treatment ... I had all my treatments done and herceptin for a year and 2 weeks ago was my last treatment had my port removed yesterday.... I am BRCA2 so my next step is hysterectomy then recontruction do to an infection...... My hair did grow during taxol it's been a year and I'm done my MO said no hormonal treat for me either... Ladies you can do this ......

• annika12

stellina - The cancer in me was first found in my lymph nodes and with a biopsy tested positive for cancer and 0% er and PR not enough sample to run her 2 at that time. After several tests and a total of 6 biopsies cancer was found in the breast but very very small less then 1 cm and all taken out. This time tested for her 2 and positive ....and PR - but 3% er positive however it's only considered a positive if above 9% .my doc feels it might have been different if we had a bigger sample for path and therefor want me on hormones as a preventative !!!

• girlstrong
    girlstrong Member Posts: 299

patriciahurtado: congrats on your accomplishment!!!! Your so strong to have gotten this far. Now the next steps are to live you life. Don't focus on the "what's next"... You've had enough of that . I can't wait until I am in my point of recovery that you are in. My last chemo is scheduled for Dec 12 and do that is my milestone that I'm focused. Many blessing girlfriend!!!

• stellina

Hello, Annika!

Thank you for the kind reply!

Sorry you are in this... From what I knew, they must have samples from the tumor itself for all the parameters necessary to establish the treatment. Is there not enough tissue to check for the ER in further tests to have the receptivity confirmed before you start any hormonal therapy? Does your onc have any reasons to decide for HT? Any previous experiences with 3% or higher (but lower than 9%) and HT was necessary?

(I hope I'm not intruding too much, but I'm quite intrigued by this!) 

My tumor was quite small as well, but the sample tested boarderline for Her2 since the beginning and after the FisH test it was confirmed still borderline, so my onc filed the applications for the one year Herceptin treatment. For the hormone receptors, they tested negative (less than 1% for both estrogen and progesterone), so my onc was very categorical about the hormonal therapy - it's a no no! 

Fond greetings and take good care, Annika!

• sewingnut
    sewingnut Member Posts: 475

Got to love Dr. Slamon..... This article tells of a better success rate for us Her2+ gals.

http://medcitynews.com/2013/11/herceptin-pioneers-cancer-research-calls-shift-cancer-treatment-life-science-innovation/#ixzz2kJlTEAIb

• minustwo

Sewingnut: Thanks for the link. I'll be watching for the news from San Antonio next month.

• Viji

Great article-thanks for the link!

• stellina

Joining the chorus as well: thanks for the link, Sewingnut!

• Geanie007
    Geanie007 Member Posts: 1

Dottie,

Your comment gives me peace.

Thank you

• sduch1
    sduch1 Member Posts: 25

thank you sewingnut!

• CameraKim
    CameraKim Member Posts: 33

Thank you for the link Sewingnut....made my night! Sent the link to my family....Hard to imagine 2-5 year survival was just 26% in 1998! I certainly hope he wins the Nobel Prize!! I had my second to last Herceptin treatment yesterday and have been feeling scared about it ending. This really lifted my spirits!

• girlstrong

girls....this article takes my breath away. Thank you for posting. My doc is going to the San Antonio conference next month and I am going to give this to her; she better take great notes. I wish I were going too....Gods blessings to you all!

• Gracers55
    Gracers55 Member Posts: 23

Hello Ladies,

My tumor was only 1% ER positive and PR negative and my doctor put me on anastrozole. We had a very long conversation about it as I read many centers consider 5% to be negative. I got two second opinions and they agreed with him. I have a lot of confidence in my MO but wanted to make sure as I don't want to take ineffective drugs with nasty side effects. So I just finished week one on the AI. Nothing to report in terms of SE's yet. I believe my cancer is largely driven by my HR+ status but I am willing to take the AI if it helps at all with respect to a recurrence. Hope Sloman does get the Nobel prize. High time. Love to you all!

Gracers

• Viji

I watched the movie- Living Proof. Got so emotional watching him. I so wanted to hug him. He deserves the Nobel Prize!!

• Macy
    Macy Member Posts: 93

Hi Ladies, just thought I would drop in and say hi. I've been following this thread the last few weeks. I've had no noticeable side effects with the Herceptin and I would deal with all the side effects imaginable just to stay on it. :)

I can't really tell which of my side effects are from the chemo and which are from the Herceptin anyway. I was just so glad to be able to get it. I'm on a different chemo regimen than most people--I chose it against my oncologists' wishes but I felt this was best for me.

Thanks for posting that article, sewingnut! It was uplifting to read.

• girlstrong

Viji..your last post caught my interest and I also watched LIving Proof over the weekend.  Very grateful to Dr. Slamon; can't even begin to say how much.  Thanks for posting. 

• patriciahurtado
    patriciahurtado Member Posts: 85

ok my ladies been looking for living proof for almost a year and can't find it .. Can you guys tell me where to look .. Please