INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

C-Nancy has it right that air cooler around the neck google Magellans------it's suppose to protect you from virus and bacteria-------------------am I being to OCD?

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Shiela, I just think you care.

• chrissyb

Nancy, I'll make sure I take a pill so I do manage to get some sleep as I don't want to be exhausted when I arrive.

• sas-schatzi

When I was younger going to conferences, I always made sure I had an isle seat incase i had to throw up b/c of the hangover-------Soo much hx LOL

• chrissyb

Oooooo Shiela....flying with a hangover....not good!

• thats-life-
    thats-life- Member Posts: 169

hullo....i wasnt going to log in but just saw the lovely things you wrote sas, thankyou so muchxx...fighting windmills and chasing rainbows...hmm.. pretty well sums me up :)...how perceptive of you sas to liken our behaviour to that....so i have had a few more tears reading...'to reach, the unreachable star'....i thought i was all out of tears. thanks for thinking of me. the funeral was beautiful. the gathering afterwards heart warming as i caught up with so many old friends...laughter, tears...from 10 am till home at 5pm...i was exhausted...have a lovely evening everyone, i wont stay on as i am about to cook tea and then watching a movie....xx

• sas-schatzi

C yeah I care alot, but Greg said I always was way too careful. So, I never know when to stop.

• sas-schatzi

TL stay long enough for us to tell you we love you and are hurting for your loss. he was a good kind friend , and I know you are hurting luvey.

• chrissyb

TL so glad the day ended on a good note.  Rest relax end enjoy your evening.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• chrissyb

Thanks Nancy.....sleep well and I catch you tomorrow!!!!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

Shiela, there is nothing wrong with being cautious but you do need to know when caution turns into obsession.

• sas-schatzi

TL   Even at Greg's funeral , it was good to hug those that came and hold on too them. It meant the world to me. I know you must carry some of that with you. It's a sad thought ,but at the same time it gladdens the heart that there were people that cared for him. still a bummer,but he was blessed with special friends.

• chrissyb

Shiela, sometimes we feel we are alone in feeling for another but it is a real comfort to know that other people recognise what we see and also appreciate the person.  It seems to reinforce our own feelings.

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy-------well a bit of OCD makes a really good nurse, a bit more of Ocd makes an excellent nurse, abit further and you make them all crazy. This may sound a bit arrogant , btu my docs used to call me doctor ______---in a good way. They knew if I was advocating it had a basis and until i felt the patient was safe and needs met I was relentless. But it worked in reverse too when I said the patient had a problem my words were not ignored.

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy I have to admit that I miss that kind of trust. It's one of the things I'm dealing with , with the loss of my liveihood as a result of the brain injury. But when I see any of them the respect is still there , it does give me some comfort

• anumacha
    anumacha Member Posts: 61

Spider bite left me with head congestion, so I took one of each antihistamine and did my inhalers; stiff neck and muscle cramp in that arm are gone. Bad spidey! This is my 5th bite others were brown recluse...last bite was not good. A toxicologist told me the venom  is absorbed and stays with us but the venom causes damage even later in the same extremity- we have a hairdresser that has lost a lot of areas on her arm. 

It is just cheesecake jello instant pudding and bought graham cracker crust. 

Boss called  he forgot to turn off our leaky juice machine. I had already done it, plus the tray is not connected to drain so it fills in 30 min!  

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369

Hi all. I'm back from the Cape. Slept really great there Thu night - 8+ hours. This, even after going to bed at 7 a.m.after getting home from my mid night ride. Tonight, back to "normal". I did get about 5 hours, but here I am at 4:30 a.m.and I know there will be no more sleep tonight.

Sis in law and I ended up having a great time, after we recovered from the 6+ hour drive to take the homesick little traverler home. Thu - we spent an afternoon in Chatham. Nice main street with lots of different shops. Last time I was there was 3 years ago - before bilat knee replacements. I could barely walk and had to let others go ahead of me. This time, after strolling around for 3 hours the only thing that hurt were my feet. Fri - we happened across a little craft show. Lots of interesting jewelry.We used to do this stuff together all the time before life got so hectic for the both of us. .We both grew up only girls with several brothers, so we are more sisters than sisters-in-law.

I don't know if I mentioned it here, but I'm planning on having a prophylactic MX. Seeking advice from others who had done it  is why I rejoined this board after many, many years. After 17 years, I'm ready to let the other breast go. It's not doing me any good and however small the risk of getting another primary, the risk is too great for me. Besides I'm really tired of being lopsided. Surgery should be happening 1st week in August.My BS insisted I see a PS just in case I ever wanted to have recon. Recon was the furthest thing from my mind. Then he showed me some pictures of a lady, very similar to myself - recon after Bi MX. Now, I'm thinking, maybe someday. I'm still having the surgery, though. Michaelangelo, himself, couldn't make me symmetrical breasts out of what I have now. BS and PS both told me they are now referring patients to tattoo artists for nipple tattoos. I'm in the shower Fri a.m. and thought "why not". When I got out, I asked Michele If she would do something for me a sister would only ask another sister to do. She didn't bat an eye. She got out her camera and took some close up and personal photos of my remaining nipple. If the day ever comes when I decide on recon, I'll have a photo so I can replicate at least that little part of me.

Man of La Mancha - Impossible Dream - 1967 Boston Red Sox. 

• chrissyb

If I was in need of a nurse advocate I would really like to have you on my side because of your eye for detail. I think it is always a good thing to know what you are doing in all things and if that means paying a bit more attention to detail then that is what is requires.  I don't like people who tend to do a job half heartedly because they look at the job as only a pay packet and not a vocation.

• sas-schatzi

ANUM-----where are you that spiders are so prevalent?

• sas-schatzi

I have taken the attitude here in florida -------you see a cobweb assume a spider-------------just did it with 2nd last visitors and threw the chair outside the enclosure ------once i got around to looking at it ----yup it was a brown widow

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy--------you hit the nail on the head--------------if it isn't a vocation, thereis no reason to be there

• sas-schatzi

Haunti-------story behind the Red Sox ----Boston right------did they win-----how did they connect it,  to Don Quixote

• Hauntie

Chrissy - check out "cabin cuddler". It's a great travel pillow/blanket combo. I haven't flown in a long while, but I understand the arilines are starting to charge for pillows and blankets??? I never likee to use the airline ones, even when they were free.

• chrissyb

Anum I'm so glad you are felling okay after that bite.  Your Black Widow is very similar to our Red Back in looks and size but I'm not sure on strength of venom.  The Red Back has been known to kill an adult so I guess it's pretty bad.  I have plenty of them around my house but I know they are there and always wear gloves outside.

Hauntie, that was a great idea about taking you nipple pic so if you decide down the road a bit to replace you will have a record.  After your marathon trek returning the little one it's a wonder you didn't sleep for 24 hours....lol and it's a shame that your sleeplessness has returned.  Your description of walking around on two replaced knees tells me that I should line up for mine next year.....maybe I will be able to move a bit of this extra weight if I can walk!

• chrissyb

Hauntie I will check that out although I do have a very light but very warm little travel rug that I use and I also have my Mx pillow that makes an excellent neck pillow.

Shiela, too many are just doing a job now and have no deep feelings or empathy for what they are doing.  It's a shame.

• anumacha
    anumacha Member Posts: 61

I live between 2 creeks, lots of woods and a lake in Ohio. They are so goofy no poisonous snakes or spiders. I quit a job because of copperheads slithering through the engineering area...told me to ignore them. That was 7 miles from my house. Theylaughed at me and said I could come in but they couldnt treat it.

I guess it is bedtime the sun is up.

• Hauntie

SAS - from wikipedia -

"The 1967 Boston Red Sox season, often referred to as The Impossible Dream, consisted of the Red Sox shocking New England and the rest of the baseball world by winning the American League Championship (also called the AL Pennant) and reaching the World Series for the first time since 1946. The season had one of the most memorable finishes in baseball history, as the AL pennant race went to the very last game, with Boston (92-70) beating out the Detroit Tigers and Minnesota Twins by 1 game."

"The Impossible Dream" was their theme song. Every radio station was playing it. I was just a kid, but I still remember it. Of course, they lost the series. It wasn't until 2004 that they broke the "Curse of the Bambino" and won the series for the first time since 1918.

• chrissyb

Night Anum....sleep well!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• sas-schatzi

Anum if I could remember my ininiat tx of last spider bite, I probaably could have published it, f/u I used Bag Balm b/c i'm allergic to all topical antibx's the orthopedists said whatever your doing keep doing it. It was between the interspace between the thum b and index finger. Very dangerous-----I didn't even know how dangerous. I won't even surmise what I used. It was late at night about 11pm and happened just as I was deciding to either call EMS or take Dh to ER. and then I felt the sting. Got the spyglass and saw two puncture marks with venom coming out ----------so I did whatever I did and then got Greg to the hospital.  the pics within 2 hrs were serious. But all for me ended well.----------HATE SPIDERS

• chrissyb

Hauntie, I just checked out that cabin cuddler....it looks perfect and takes up almost no room!!!  I'll see if I can find a store in Aus that has them but if not I'll order online.  Thanks for that!

• Hauntie
    Chrissy - knee replacement was the BEST thing I've ever done. I had the first one done May 2009 and the second May 2010. My knees were so bad, I had to use an electric scooter to get around work the last several months before having the 1st one done. Rehab is tough, but you get out of it what you put in. I had mine done, in spite of being substantially overweight. Planning bariatric surgery in the future to get rid of the weight. I need these knees to last a long, long time. Surgery and rehab are too tough for me to want to do it all over again.