INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

C----I hate to ask , but must are you concerned at all about LE?

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Nancy, it's Missourri

• chrissyb

Shiela, I have mild LE but I have a gaultlet/sleeve that I will be wearing while flying and any other time I need to.  It has never progessed from the way it is now except when I was having issues with the opposite shoulder and couldn't do the masage.

• sas-schatzi

Nancy turn the page sweetie LOL. ARE you sitting looking at a blank screen?

I did that in the beginning way back when. I say to myself ---self did I scare everyone off Undecided

• chrissyb

Nancy, could it be that because its quieter being night that you hear more?

• sas-schatzi

They have a sleeve breast thingy don't they now. That encorporates the arm boob and shoulder?

• chrissyb

Oh I'm sitting here ROTFLMAO at you two!

• chrissyb

I havent heard of that Shiela but I sure would be interested in checking it out. Do you know what brand?

• sas-schatzi

Nancy's probably right less civilian traffic at night so the airforce can get in more flight time without worrying about civilian traffic. Nancy isn't lax the busiet in the world or close to it?

• sas-schatzi

C---no , but may be the Bra thread might?

• chrissyb

True.  I forget how busy and big your country is and how many people there are there.

• sas-schatzi

OH nancy yes you fly almost every week -----what about a sports bra---------i've gotten some recently that have a wide axillary margin good support and squish the foobs just right. I'll get the name I got them at Target

• chrissyb

I'll check that out later.  I thought I was up on all the new stuff....obviously not.  I have seen a double sleeve that looks like a shrug that does the shoulder and behind the shoulder.  That one is Italian made and I am seriously thinking of ordering one on line but right now I have to keep my pennies for my trip.

• chrissyb

Nancy, if you know your arm measurements you can order a sleeve on line.  The sites can and will tell you how and where to measure but be sure that the strength is not less than 20 which is class 2.

• sas-schatzi

Champion sport bra-------I had an xl. went to get more and all the had was XXL. THe XXL is more comfortable. The have them in wide shoulder straps and skinny straps . I think I will get one XXXl just to see how it feels. I get LE in legf breast and axilla with activity.

Sister Sue had 34 lymph nodes removed---she flew once and got truncal & arm edema.----But I really felt she had a butcher for a BS. He asked HER about LE at one of her visit after HIs MIL got LE. She said well you were the one that should have told me --she says I had to find out about it from my plumber--------true the plumber came she says -'As usual I put my laundry on the street-turns out the plumbers wife just developed LE and knew where the tx center was.

• sas-schatzi

Thingy is a good word when you don't know what your talking about hrmff LOL

• chrissyb

Nancy, if I were to fly continuously from here the Philly I would be on that plane for 24hours. and then cross the continent and I don't know how long that would be in direct flight time and then home with is another 24 hours   we are talking a damn long time in a pressurised cabin.   Thank goodness I thought to get the sleeve or I could have been in a whole lotta trouble.

• sas-schatzi

I bet those BRA people on the thread know.-------------I posted that thread all over the place

same as this new Lawyer guy------he is good.

Chrissy have you got an insurance rider etc etc    all my family from Canada won't come here without it. Canada makes a big deal about it. Is it the same for the Aussies?

• chrissyb

The docs here are the same, it was up to me to find somewhere for assessment etc. and then it was up to me to chase to get the sleeve.......crazy!

• sas-schatzi

Well I think they must be making them bigger --sports bras I'm pretty comfortable in the XXl and I weigh -------today-------iwill erase that in a few minutes thank you

• chrissyb

Oh yes, I will have health and personal effects insurance before I step foot on a plane.  Because of the fact I have BC it has almost doubled the premium which is going to cost me about $1200 for the six weeks but I would be a fool to go without it.

• chrissyb

Ooooo Shiels....you skinny min you!    Oh how I wish I could post those numbers....lol

• sas-schatzi

Did they talk about taking aspirin to prevent blood clots? And you can get this breathing airpurifier that sits on your chest. Magellan is the catalog, I got several things when Steve went to Europe. One was a money belt , a blow up neck supporter, and sleep shades. Apparently he made money by sharing------------thats what he told me at first, but everyone wanted to use them ---so apparently they were passed around alot LOL

• sas-schatzi

Going back to erase numbers-----------lost the weight on Savella---almost sure of it.

• chrissyb

Yes I had thought of equiping myself with things like that to make the journey more comfortable and I will make sure I have an aisle seat so it will be easier to get up and move around.  If I can't do that I will not be able to walk off the plane as my knees will lockup.

• chrissyb

I never read the Skymail booklet.  I intend to get an ipod and download a heap of my music and tak a good book and a book of crosswords to keep me occupied.  I'm sure they also will have inflight movies so I should be just fine.

• sas-schatzi

BTW--sister Sue MX was 1996-----preceded connection to airtravel by a few months--------right after she flew------DUH------figuires.

• sas-schatzi

The aspirin question is a big deal I won't fly without it due to an old canoe injury

• chrissyb

Me too.....lol but with a ticket cost of about $12,000?  I think not.  The only way that would happen is if the steward comes and offers to upgrade me coz I'm gorgeous!   hahahahaha!

• chrissyb

I take enough blood thinners already that I have no fear of that.