Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,515

It's true, like you ladies, the spammers never seem to sleep!

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Oooo, I'm so excited as I have just recieved the final draft for the trip from the travel agent and she has managed to do everything that I asked of her........Yahoo!!!!!!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

3 jays ---how can you tell a spammer is caught? I'm so naive about this stuff.

Hi chrissy probably a pop in pop out.

Hi judith when you catch a spammer, is your reaction like you would have catching a mouse or a spider or a bug---"Now I got you".?

• anumacha
    anumacha Member Posts: 61

I am still awake and still not up until 2p but I fall asleep around 4 am so I am getting my 8 to 10 hrs the doc wants. I stopped and talked to Grace...she suggested peroxide for cleaning with the bad boy cats - it did a good job and took care of spots on my carpet. Yes I was Wlamarting at 1 aM TO GET MORE!

My 2 friends that got flu shots last fall have been sick off and on - Patrick text me and the meds are not working - he couldnt remember what I took so I had to text him...the doc that was there knows me so he told him to try my stuff and how did i escape flu shots.My sis has had bronchitis and upper resp stuff since her shot has been worse of course SMOKING doesnt help.

Ok I have puffy LE elbow and my side my neice is so funny - she offered saran wrap for my body and arm. I told her I will get measured for my sleeve and one for my body! 

I got more orders for the shawl things...my sis that knits is in town - maybe I can get her group in Virginia to make some for their cancer center! I am feeling better so it must be the cell power I just have to remember to take it!

CHemo brain - I cannot find my oinment ---there it was in the frig! 

I have had 1 pain pill in 24 hrs! I usually need 2 on my work days but this is a big cut from prescribed 2 every 4 hrs when I hurt my back. My friend had opiate psychosis when she got oxycontin and morphine- her family doc got the call after talking to her sons - she was hitting everyone so was in restraints, The resident was clueless but the family doc hadnt seen it for yrs, a little darvocet and mild tranq - she was back to normal. SHe is 72 and barely moves so she was exhausted!

Every body get a good nights rest...I am going to nod off as soon as the movie is over and the shawl will be done.

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369

Anyone else up. I napped this afternoon, which is usually a mistake. I just read a post on the stage I/II forum from a 16 year old asking if her mom, who was diagnosed at stage 1, was going to live. She wrote 2 hours ago and no one had responded yet. I tried to reassure her and suggested she share her fears with her mom. The poor kid sounds terrified.

• chrissyb

Hi Hauntie, I'm up but have been on and off the computer as I have been doing laundry preping tea etc.  I'll check out the thread.

• Hauntie

Thanks Chrissy. It just broke my heart to read her post.

• Daydreamernh
    Daydreamernh Member Posts: 20

Morning!, Night?  Well actually I just got home from work, so I geuss it's my early evening. Then why do I want breakfast?. Between my night job and my insomnia, I am so confuseled!  LOL

• Hauntie

Chrissy - thanks for sending a post to the 16 year old. I'm heading to bed. Hopefully I'll fall asleep.

• chrissyb

Night Hauntie, hope you sleep well!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• chrissyb

Hi Daydreamer I'm still around if you want to talk.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

well, its almost 4 am here, and noone else seems to be up..heading for bed and a book, witha cuppa tea.. i'll try again tommorrow.........3jays oh! i have NO idea how to tell if they catch a spammer, sas..just a joke with judith hahaha.3jays

• Stanzie
    Stanzie Member Posts: 1,611

Ugh been up since 3:00am and it is now 5:52 - my alarm will go off soon. Oh Joy!

I I have horrible leg pains, back pains from the deep scars from Lat BMx and hot flashes that wake me up. Glad to know about this thread as it does get lonley in these wee hours.... 

• chrissyb

Are you still there Stanzie?  I was having tea when you posted.

• Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

Chrissy, now I know where to come when I wake up at 5 am. Is it the middle of the night for you?

• chrissyb

Hi Deb, no right now it's 8.34pm so not late at all.....lol   Usually when everyone is lacking sleep it's just mid afternoon here so I'm usually in and out as I do my chores.

• Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

Aha.. I have to remember the time difference. I have to get up very early to sit and let meds kick in before customers start coming in at 7am. It's nice having my coffee outside watching the birds and chasing the squirrels off my feeders. I am hardly functional in the morning till things kick in. Nice to know the insomniacs are on line! Lol

Foxy

• chrissyb

It'll be nice to see you here from time to time.  Enjoy your coffee nd the view!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Mouse6
    Mouse6 Member Posts: 68

hi ladies...I'm in dire need of some encoraging words before I go to sleep. I'm waiting to have a bone scan done next week for a pain I've had in my hip for months. And my family doc called today and said my liver enzymes were elevated on my last bloodwork. I know everything is out of my conttol, but I just feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I don't think I'll be leeping for a while. Anxiety has a hold on me.

• chrissyb

Hi Mouse, isn't it amazing how all our fears are magnefied ten fold but the lateness of the hour?  I agree, waiting for scans and results can send you over the edge but as someone once said, why are you worrying now as there will be time enough to do that when you have something to worry about. 

Love n hugs.   Chrissy

• Hauntie

Hi Mouse - Do you have any anti-anxiety meds? I am the biggest worrier, not so much about BC anymore, but about everything else that could go wrong. I always have been. I know the waiting part is the hardest. When I just can't distract myself enough to turn off the worry and huge knot in my gut - I go for the xanax. I came across a fortune recently that I saved - "Worry often gives a small thing a big shadow." How true. I hope, with all my heart, your "small thing" turns out to be a "nothing."

Take care.

• sandy115
    sandy115 Member Posts: 28

Hi Hauntie was just looking through the posts and saw yours I just started chemo 1st round last monday your Dx is close to mine I take xanax to sleep.I am so happy I met someone on here that has been free for a long time it gives me hope as I am so stressed and still have along road to go chemo rads and more surgery to take out more nodes.So thank you for posting.

• Hauntie

Sandy - so sorry you are going through this. I sent you a PM.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Evening all, just popping in to say hi.

Sandy I am 4++ years out from Dx, its a long journey but you do get to the end of active treatment. I am now on femara which is an AI.

Chrissy are you around? Or just busy today.

I haven't had much time to get to the computer and now DH has the flu so he has been here the last couple of days. I should have got my laptop out. Will tomorrow. 

Have been busy project managing the bathroom.

• chrissyb

Alyson, it was lovely to talk to you and I forgot to ask how the bathroom was coming along.......lol.......too many others things to chat about I guess.

Hi Hauntie and Sandi....hope your night turned out okay and you got some sleep.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Mouse6
    Mouse6 Member Posts: 68

thanks ladies.

• sandy115
    sandy115 Member Posts: 28

Thank you Chrissy I slept well hope you did and alyson and Hauntie its nice to see long time outs its great you still post for Newbies like me.And Mouse you live real close did you do treatments in London ?Hope everyone has agreat day.

• chrissyb

Hey Sandy, I will be in London for two days at the end of the month would you like to meet me for high tea somewhere?    Let me know and I will add it to my itinerary.   It would be lovely to see you!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Hauntie

I had my pre surgery physical this morning for my PMX next Wednesday. Everything looked all set for the surgery. Then this afternoon I got a call from the NP, who did the physical, telling me I have an elevated white count. She asks if I feel ok, have a fever, maybe a UTI, sore throat, any open sores,... The woman examined me 5 hours before and I was fine. I'm still fine. She's wondering if this is a lab error. So, on Friday I have to go have more blood drawn, plus a uninalysis and a chest x-ray. I sure hope this is a lab error. Even if I don't have any symptoms, with an elevated white count, I'm afraid the surgery will be cancelled. I've prepped myself mentally and emotionally as much as I can for this surgery, and I just want it over with.

• chrissyb

Awe dang Hauntie,  what a bummer!  I sure am keeping my fingers crossed that it is just a lab error and nothing else!  Goodluck tomorrow with the new bloods!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy