Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849

ChrissyB ~Yes you have the Texas thread buzzing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a San Antonio native, so whatever you want to know, i.e. what side of town to stay on, stay away from, etc.  What places do you want to see, mainstream off the beaten path etc.  Just you visiting or with family....etc.....Let me know, PM if you like, I'll give you my email. 

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Hey gals I'm still up and guess what------------it's  my b-day-----I get to be 61. According to the stories, we were born shortly after midnight 15 minutes after arrival to the hospital and they didn't expect a second baby and it threw everyone into a tissy. There's actually 24 minutes between us b/c they were unprepared,b/c we were identical. No ultrasound then, and the doc apparently was not used to evaluating for twins by palpation. Identicals have the same heartbeat, but a serious abdominal evaluation should have given him a clue, but that was 61 years ago. Almost lost my twin, but she's still kicking. She's also a stage 4 BC survivor from 1996-----Yeah.  I'm a 2 1/2 year survivor.

• anumacha
    anumacha Member Posts: 61

Happy Birthday SAS!

Have a blessed and peaceful day!

• sas-schatzi
    Thanks AMW--------Two years ago I was thinking might not be here---------Well another day and moreCool
  • chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Hey Shiela......HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!   Really glad that you both survived then and are both survivors now.

Love  n hugs.  Chrissy

• sas-schatzi

Thanks Chrissy---------She's my inspiration. stage 4, 15 year survivor. -----------That's special. She gardens daily, plans all winter for a new garden during the winter, has LE really bad in arm and trunk ,but doesn't stop her. Has a good enough pension she can pay for the things she doesn't like to do like housecleaning and lawn cutting---------but her gardens should be in a book.

• chrissyb

Sheila, you'll have to learn how to take pics so we could all see!  I just love a beautiful garden!!!

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369

Sheila - Happy Birhday and many, many more.

Looks like I won't need my 8:00 a.m. wake up call for the beach. I've been up for 1/2 hour already. Sun is shining and the temp is already 73. It's supposed to be near 90 today - a perfect beach day.

Chrissy - what parts of the US are you visiting.

Lynda

• Mouse6
    Mouse6 Member Posts: 68

Sas...happy birthday!!! Birthdays take on a whole new meaning for us, don't they? I used to be so hush hush about mine, and now I really want to celebrate them! Think I'll tell hubby I want a big bash this year! I would love to see a photo of her gardens as well. I love gardening. Dug a new one this year. So nice to see things grow and bloom.

• sas-schatzi

ThankYou everyone for the happy birthdays. Yes, Mouse they take on a whole new meaning.  We are going to church and then to dinner. AND I feel blessed to be able to do that.

• sas-schatzi

Just when you think you know something.  Everyone here knows I have been dealing with insomnia. At the docs today , we were reviewing the problem list. I mentioned that know I had to increase taking my pain med oxy, to several times a week. She then says that is a big component of the insomnia. When someone doesn't take oxy or hydrocone on a daily basis, the s.e.of insomnia is more pronounced. I have known for close to < 2 yrears that when I took a pain med, there was a strong chance I wouldn't sleep. So, to take it meant I tripped over the point of not caring if I slept b/c I needed pain relief. WELL DUH. As a nurse I knew it had a s.e. of insomnia , but so many drugs do. I have been handing it out to patients since it was invented practically. Not once did I have a patient complain of insomnia like I've had it. So, it did not cross my radar as being that big of a problem. I just figured I was overly sensitive to the drug. My doc says that those people, that take it morning and night, will get passed the "Perc" part of it b/c they have a steady blood level. Well I'm not going to go there, but at least I know why, now the insomnias so bad. Of course the Aromasin and arimidex and Femara are big contributors, but again a different view of the pain meds helps. I thought I'd post this for anyone in the same boat. Hope it helps.

• tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998

Happy bday Sheila!

anyone else up????? hiiii!!!!!!

• chrissyb

Hi tinkertude.....I'm up!!!

• tinkertude

me too! started back o Tamoxifen after surgery so the insomnia is back....how are you doing?

• chrissyb

I'm doing goos thanks.   It's only 3.15pm here so not late at all.....lol.  I've been busy organising my trip to the USA and it's finally all coming together.....I am so looking forward to it!  Tink, is your insomnia due to the T or just because?

• tinkertude

oh wow I see now your in Australia. A trip to the states how wonderful. I believe its from the TAMOXIFEN. and i think a bit of anxiety and stress mixed in helps it too... im tired but have a hard time getting to sleep and i wake alot sweating of course lol

• chrissyb

I have been taking Melatonin and recommend it to everyone who does not want to go the chemical route with a sleep aide.  I never had a problem sleeping, it was always getting to sleep but I've found the melatonin gets me there really quickly and keeps me there without giving me the sleep hangover in the mmorning.  As for the sweats, I have a fan or and open window blow cool air directly on my face and I don't wake with the flashes anymore....don't get me wrong, they are still there but they don't disturb me.

• tinkertude

Thats great! I do have melatonin but the truth is since starting the tamoxifen i have developed a pill anxiety. It sits on my counter in the bottle i bought it in. I am hoping once i even out with the tamoxifen it will get better It did for awhile then i had to stop it for a few wweeks now i am back on it so time should help it :)

• tinkertude

Think im gonna try and give sleep a shot! goodnight thanks for keeping me company Chrissy

Maria :)

• chrissyb

You're welcome Tink.........sure hope you get some sleep!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,514

Belated happy birthday, sas-! Hope you had a fabulous day. And greetings, everyone!

Judith

• chrissyb

Hi Judith, hope your weekend goes well hunting spammers!!!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• sas-schatzi

JUdith , and Tink thanks B-day was great------went to Carrabbas-----fabulous meal.

chrissy are you still here?

• chrissyb

I'm still here Shiela!

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy I'm here

• chrissyb

How you doing tonight?

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy did you see what I found out about the pain pills. DUH. I take them so irregularly  and with the Aromasin. It's nice to know though I will definitely try and take them in the morning , with the hopes they wear off by nightfall. In the past, it's always been late afternoon early evening. Sometimes I wake up hurting and the moving around or a swim can bring the pain level down. But seems like I'm developing a sensitivity to chlorine.

• sas-schatzi

I saw the doc today b/c I thought I had a ruptured eardrum, she says chlorine breathed in can sometimes make the eustashion tube swell. The symptoms werej ust like pressure changes in an airplane. Which lead her to the chlorine thing --definitely fits the pattern. Bummer----of all exercise I love swimming the most.

• chrissyb

Yes thank Shiela, I read what you found out and found it a very interesting thing.   I can't swim in chlorine, as soon as I get out I'm itching all over and the eyes get bloodshot so I've always thought I was sensitive to it......just like a zillion other things....lol

• chrissyb

Maybe you need to get a pair of custom fit ear plugs?