Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• justjudie
    justjudie Member Posts: 196

EDO and FLP: I also had wicked yeast/thrush infections every time I had Taxotere. I HATED that! Has it in throat and also vaginally. The probiotics suggested by SAS sounds like a good solution. I haven't had any further problems once I was off the Taxoterrible. But I DO sympathize with anyone going through that. It just sucks!

Judie

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Just judie------be careful taking it while doing chemo -------good bacteria is still bacteria. I failed first chemo-----unknown reason, I was taking probiotics, they tried to blame it on that. I later ID's a drug interaction with Norvasc/amlidopin my antihypertensive. But who knows?

• FLwarrior
    FLwarrior Member Posts: 614

Sas and Judie thanks for the info. ladies!

Taxoterrible...that exactly what it was X3!!!!! Thank gooooooodness I am finished with it!

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

hey gals. just got up so i wanted to ck and say hi... glad you got it all straightened out.. i agree, taxotere was a biatch!!!thankfully, i finished a long while ago!!    3jays

• Mouse6
    Mouse6 Member Posts: 68

Hahaha! Taxoterrible...love it...and agree wholeheartedly! I had wicked nerve pain on it.

SAS - about the controlled substances and the popo...I say come and get me. I don't care right now. Incidentally...never did get the Atavan anyway.

Sandy - how did Monday go?

Hauntie - sorry you're having so much trouble. I don't think it's a sign. Stick to your guns...sometimes it's an uphill battle to get where you need to go. We're all here sending our good vibes out to you so things will turn around for you.

My bone scan is today. Feeling nervous. Went for my repeat bloodwork yesterday to see about the elevated liver enzymes. Wish me luck.

• mks16
    mks16 Member Posts: 154

Hi Mouse6, I started reading your fat grafting thread and ended up here.

Hope you aced the bone scan and bloodwork today!Smile

• sas-schatzi

Mouse good luck on blood work. Aromasin can elevate ALP Don't know about other ai"s and tamox.

• valgal
    valgal Member Posts: 187

Hi everyone my mam came back clear! One year free! Yea... now if I can only get everything else together I'll be fine. Good luck everyone and thanks for cheering me on!

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369

Hoping all good news for you Mouse. WooHoo Valgal!!!

• sas-schatzi

Yeah Valgal WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,515

Hello late-nighters! And congratulations, Valgal!

Judith

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246

hello judith hope your having a quiet night

• Daydreamernh
    Daydreamernh Member Posts: 20

Awesome Valgal,  How are you Hauntie? Another sleepless night for me. Had  my treatments today, so I slept most of the day, then fell asleep after diner, and now I remain wide awake.

Liz

• Mouse6

Valgal...CONGRATULATIONS!!! So happy for you! I'm curious...what else do you have to get together?

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and letting me jump in with my drama. Had the bone scan yesterday and repeated bloodwork on Monday. So now I just keep my fingers, toes, and eyes crossed for about a week.

Liz - chemo can really mess with your sleep patterns. I hope you have the luxury of being able to tap out and sleep whenever it strikes you...that's what you need. Do you have any children home with you during summer break?

• sas-schatzi

------THERE IS A HEN HOUSE PARTY in OMG THEY FOUND A CURE FOR STUPID. iT'S BEEN QUIET FOR AWHILE. VEGGEY HAS KEPT IT GOING

http://community.breastcancer.org/102/topic/765586?page=122#idx_3635

EVENTUALLY TRY AND READ FROM PAGE ONE, IT IS A COMEDY CLASSIC------WORTHY OF THE OLD SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE. MAKES FUN OF EVERYTHING. AROUND PAGE 40 SOMEONE CALLED US A BUNCH OF CACKLING HENS. tHAT WAS GOOD FOR ANOTHER 50 PAGES OF TOTAL NONSENSE-------YEAH.

PETERED OUT AFTER THE HUNDRED PAGE PARTY. PASS THIS ON TO WHOMEVER YOU WOULD THINK MIGHT ENJOY IT. AND GET YOUR SILVER HAT READYCool

sent this to people and threads did however get confused at times and may have had wrong names it------oh well it's them drugs LOL ------invite whomever you would like. I think I will make a knew hat.

• Hauntie

Hi Liz - Today is kind of a sucky day. I was supposed to have my PMX today, but it's been postponed until next Wednesday. I look at the clock and think, "It would have all been over by now." Hopefully it goes off (pun intended) without a hitch next week. If it doesn't happen next week, it doesn't happen at all. I have to get back to work Sept 12 and still have to have the recon surgery on my left thumb (Aug 30).

I had a real tough time sleeping during my chemo. That's when my insomnia problems started. I tried every kind of medication and nothing worked. I was so sleep deprived that finally my MD said - forget about good sleep habits, you just have to sleep when you can. It's a pattern that continues to this day, when I'm not working. I'm going to have a hell of a time getting back to a regular schedule when I go back to work in Sept.

I was up until 3 am reading "Eat, Pray, Love.  Now, I'm ready for a nap. I figure I have a few more weeks before I have to get myself back on schedule.

• justagirl
    justagirl Member Posts: 633

chrissyb - where are you?  I'm a bit worried as you haven't posted for days and I am used to seeing you here and drooling over all the delicious things you cook and bake.

I had severe 'kitchen envy' when you posted the picture of your new kitchen a while ago.

Since I'm rattling on, just wanted to say I find your spirit and zest for life something to strive for myself and my family.

Hope you are okay......

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Hey debbie, I'm here.   I've been getting organised for my trip and trying to decided what clothing to pack but to do that I've had to try everything on to see what still fits me....lol.  Alas, not much but that means I get to buy some new stuff!!!!

I'm doing just fine.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• justagirl
    justagirl Member Posts: 633

Judith,

glad you are okay.  I just get used to seeing you, hauntie, mouse and sas. Living out here you are are my lifeline to dealing with all of this.

I know people (including my husband) tell me its so good I am over having BC, guess so with having the DMX in March but I still have questions and fears.  I try to not let it rule my day but I must admit sometimes thinking about my future it gets the better of me.

Yes Chrissy, go traveling with empty suitcases and you can come home with all the loot you have chosen along the way, along with the memories.  The only place I go is back to Kauai where we lived 20 years ago, and doing that once a year is enough traveling for me.  Your flights will require lots of good reading material.  You can check out online wich movies the flight will feature.

• chrissyb

Debbie, I have armed myself with an ipod full of music, a good crossword puzzle book and a couple of novels and I plan to try and sleep along the way as well so hopefully, I have enough to keep me occupied.....lol.   I like the idea of going with an empty suitcase but unfortunately I still need to pack a few things as I don't think they'd let me on the plane if I'm neeked......it might cause a bit of a stir!

You can PM me anytime you need to if you want to just talk

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy-----I haven't posted here in awhile---------I will ask you again about coming etc again the week after next. I have arranged too stay with a cousin's daughter. It apparently is still 1 1/2 hours away from Hollywood . She is in Tequesta?

I don't want to talk dates again until after next week, Gregs aniversary is Aug, 20th and i'm a bit of a mess over it.

I also have not found anyone to take care of schats------long story. I so want to meet you and 3jays., but shats can't be kenneled even for 2 nights. She was a pound puppy 3 months old when found and her start in life was not good . I can't risk her mental health.

So, let me get through the next week and then I'll be able to better solve the situation. L&H&P's sheila

• chrissyb

Hey Shiela long time no talk....lol.   Would love to see you when I'm at 3jays place.  I know what you mean about the anniversary date.....very hard.   My boy's birthday is the 18th of this month and his death date 21st of next month so yeah, I got where you are coming from.   ((((hugs))))  it takes time for things to ease.

Is it possible that you bring schats with you?  I would love to meet her as well and I agree, you cannot under no circumstance put her mental health at risk.

What is Tequesta?  I don't know that but 3jays is in Hollywood, so I will let you know the address by PM a bit later when you are ready for it.   I can't wait to see you!!!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,515

Hello ladies! Such a lot of travelling going on among the BCO regulars! Must be that getting to the end-of-summer timing.

Judith

• sas-schatzi

Judith and other Mods----------- the connection is strong between so many, that understand. If we could be together all the time, we would feel so much better. Thanks again for this medium.

Thank you for sending the banner for KK. NOTL gathering sunday is going to be so special.

• Mouse6

Debbie...seems no matter how far out from treatment, the fear never really leaves us. I thtink our challenge is to choose to live utterly joyfully in spite of it. Sometimes much easier said than done. One of my favourite lines from a song...

"it's only life afterall"

speaks to me because sometimes we tend to over-analyze things instead of enjoying our time here no matter how long we're here.

• Mouse6

sas...i tried to follow your link to the funny forum you were mentioning, but it didn't work. i'll try to find it with keywords. sounds interesting.

• sas-schatzi

Mouse 6-------------went to OMG and you were there. Problem solved. For some reason I have found re-posting a link takes, 2 trys from our own site is necessity. Each time, I post a link, I test it. But I was posting that multiple places that night. And lets just say the vodka and the linking got intertwined. LOL BRAWKakkk

• Mouse6

lol...well, if i had to choose between vodka or a good link...hmmmmm

• Daydreamernh
    Daydreamernh Member Posts: 20

So Boothbay Harbor it is!  Talk about a last minute decision.  We leave in a few hours. The weather doesn't look too good but I need the relaxing time with my honey. With seven kids between us, 4 and a grandchild  still at home, 2 full time jobs, starting up a small business, chemo and scouts and etc etc etc.... - all I want to do is think of good food, art galleries, maybe a little adventure, some calming sights and anything else that's not in my daily routine.  Hope all have  stress free, sleep filled nights while I am away.

Liz

• Hauntie

Have a great time, Liz.