Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Shiela, naughty, naughty girl for forgetting the Melatonin!  I'll havae to put you in the naught bed and hope you go to sleep!  Girl, you got to start writting yourself a note so you won't forget!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

The yawns are coming pretty regular -----going to give it anoyher try--------L&H's sheila

• chrissyb

Oh my, my head is going faster than the fingers can keep up and I'm leaving letters out of words left right and centre!

• chrissyb

Night Shiela, try to sleep well!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164

Chrissy my girlfriend was just home and had a heck of a time with the passport office in Melbourne, she had let her Aussie passport lapse and said she will never let that happen again.  Her birth cert has a different name than her passport, well duh she's married, they kept sending her to different offices to get different paperwork, she said the left hand didn't know what the right was doing and when she pointed out the gentleman who had given her all the wrong info she was told "oh he doesn't work in our departement, he's just helping us as we're short handed"!!!!!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164

Think I'm going to turn int, got to be up early in the morning, nite Chrissy

• chrissyb

Cheryl, that was my biggest nightmare, the change of name!   I had to get a coppy from Births, Deaths and Marriages to prove that I married but it couldn't be the one from the Minister, that wasn't concidered legal!  Would you believe?   I think it is all a money making scam, the cost of getting this has been enormous!  $52 each for the Birth and Marriage certificate, $40 for the photographs and $226 for the application fee!  I'm just blown away.....they are so picky also about how you fill in the application......it has to be black ink with no corrections.........I understand that they need to be careful in this world of ours but I think sometimes they take it a bit too far.

• chrissyb

Night Cheryl.....sleep well!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Chrissy, my Mom almost lost out on a free trip around the world back in the 60's because of problems getting a passport.  Instead of having her name on it her birth certificate read "Baby Boy"!  She had a terrible time proving she was born a citizen. 

• chrissyb

Chabba, I'm going to be like a cat on a hot tin roof until I get that thing in my hand....lol......well at least until next Wednesday because by then it will have been checked and ready to go through the system.  Your poor mom, that would not have been easy to do back then either!

• chabba

Mom was born in a tiny farm community in North Dakota in 1906.  She had to produce 3 affidavits from people that were of sound mind, at least six years older than she and would swear to remembering her from her infancy.  She got the last one purely by chance on the next to last day to get it in in time for the passport to go through.  She lived in Spokane, Washington.  After Church that Sunday another member introduced her to their house guest because he was from the same hometown.  When he heard Mom's maiden name he told her they were neighbors and he could remember the day she was born because the Dr stopped at their house on the way back to town to spread the word and celebrate (he was already pretty drunk apparently) that her family finally had a girl.  That was the only time that gentleman ever visited Spokane!

• chrissyb

Now that's what I call divine intervention!!!!

• chabba

Had not thought about it like that but you're right.

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369

Hi all. It's past 2 a.m. and I am ready for sleep. But I wanted to post this before I go to bed. I just finished an extraordinary book called, "From Stage !V to Center Stage" by Denise DeSimone. Denise was diagnosed in September of 2005 with stage !V throat and neck cancer. This is her story - from her diagnosis, to the miracle of her survival and singing the National Anthem at Fenway Park in 2007. Denise happens to be my first cousin. She is a woman of incredible spirit, strength and unshakable faith. She approached her journey with cancer, unlike most people, including myself. She didn't battle it. She embraced it as a teacher, accepted it and opened herself to the lessons she would learn. She went through agonizing traditional medical treatments, many alternative treatments and a deep spiritual journey. Even if she wasn't my cousin, I would highly recommend this book. If you're interested, it's available on her website www.denisedesimone.com or through Amazon.

Hope the page is so quiet tonight because everyone is sleeping peacefully.

• Mouse6
    Mouse6 Member Posts: 68

Hi hauntie...glad someone else is here. This is becoming a routine for me lately...so tired I can't keep my eyes open, but then all of a sudden in the middle of the night my eyes pop open and it's hopeless!

Wow...your cousin's story sounds so inspiring! You must be proud...and what a great support to have each other.

• chrissyb

Hi Mouse!  I see you are having the dreaded middle of the night wakefulness.....UGH!!!   Don't you just hate that! 

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,514
    Hi wakeful ladies! Hope you're all doing well in the middle of the night. I'm happily hunting spammers. Smile
  • chrissyb

Hi Judith!   Good luck with your hunt, I hope you catch lots!!!!! Laughing

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

hey girls..good to see somebody else is awake tonight.. chrissy, found out from dr. diarehea IS i side efect of synthyroid. eyes are now swollen shut..RATS!!! looks like it'll be a problem. he called in a lower dose (but i didn't feel better on lower..he says it might be the amt of iodine, tho its rare.. my body doesn't do well w/ iodine..he can't see me, but will do this remote..arrrggghhhso, on another pill, starting tommorrow. he won't discuss supplements that have been recommeneded, and i don't dare not follow him YET..hahahaha just wanna get better for sept!!! email me what flight youre thinking of for the 22ns, so i cna try to use same one out...we don't want you here close, and NOT fly together...3jays

• ananda8
    ananda8 Member Posts: 1,418

It's almost 2:00am and I just found this thread.  I need a good night's sleep but it is fun to know that some of my sisters are here with me.  I am going to try to get some rest.  Pleasant dreams to everyone. 

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Hi there just checking in. Have had a really busy day!!! Had to go to the mall to collect somethings so took grandaughter aged two and 3/4 - one has to get this correct. Meet her aunt for coffee there. Spent a considerable time in the toy dept whilst buying her some socks. Also got her some play doh. Came home and played with ot - well she gave instructions to me and her aunt and great aunt as to what to do. Then went for a walk to give gift to young friends who have just had baby. it is about 15mins away however it took 3/4 hour each way as we investigated everything. Then played with the playdoh again until DD arrived to collect her. I am exhausted.

• 3jaysmom

Alyson; don't know HOW you keep p all you do. hope you're feeling better...NOTSELF: im on this thread all the time, up most nights, and really glad to see you here. A big welcome to you, my friend........3jays

• anumacha
    anumacha Member Posts: 61

Ok I am awake - last nite the dizziness hit and I have not been the same since - docs say it is the ALS and my bp pill, but since I have also lost over 40 pounds(much needed) to give it 60 DAYS! My annual chekup went fine - actually healthier than before BC surgeries. I guess the case study group wanted to change meds, put me in a research med group and on and on. My ONC smuggly said no way, he made the offer and I told him the case study folks are like vultures just looking for something else to treat and why change my meds...I just figured out how to deal with the crazy SE so leave me alone.

I knew it was coming...my boss left on vacation and he said no one needed a boss... he would deal with lack of work when he returned...these guys havent done anything more than basics since march. I always get "I know I will deal with it," but our contractee blew a gasket about the same things. Now my boss is saying we have to work 9 -10 hr days and sat...the 20 yr old cannot handle ten hrs - he left at 9:30 pm instead of 12mn. Yep I am spot cleaning carpets with water cause there is no soap. He tried to coax me into doing the extra stuff - no way I have done it twice and I have my own area to do! I put out some resumes so I just hope I find something better.

It is 3 AM and the cats are in treat mode, plus my alpha male knows I keep his canned stuff in the frig - he pats the door, cries and looks over his shoulder.

I have had these weird dizzy spells only with the flu...but I have blurry vision n double vision only in my left eye...I had a head injury with optic nerve damage. (My home was broken into, I was on crutches...he attacked me pounded my head into a metal door frame - I have a nasty rt hook  and he ran- he actually went to jail for 2 yrs!) I hope the antivert works tonight.

My foot is healing! I have 2 weeks of cutting away dead skin and tissue, but it could be worse. My insightful boss wanted to know if it was healed yet. I gave him the web site with the gross pics!

I hate red tape, but somehow the government has kept up with me, 1 late husband, 2 divorces, adopted so birth certificate is not the real one and a name change to my late husbands celtic name...yep try to keep all that straight. Federal gov't did ok, but state has a files for each name.

I got my days and nights out of sync since BC saga started. My neice & I bead and do jewelry. She was so relieved I wasnt bugging her for $$ she borrowed about 3 wks ago, she told  her mom to tell me I have a new bracelet and money to pickup. She still has not figured out how I save,but I do. I have designer handbags ...the most I have ever paid is $10, the rest were new under $5. I told her I do sales, a little ebay and all my change goes in a jar for vet bills.

Ok I did treats without the alpha male, just cuties eating their own pile of treats, not trying to consume them before Tickles inhales his and steals from anyone with treats!

Ok I am going to try pills and bed...I know I will be up at least 2 more hrs!

• laurajane
    laurajane Member Posts: 305

Hi all glad to find this thread. I'll look forward to talking with you in the wee hours.

• rohanna
    rohanna Member Posts: 154

Anum, you beat up a guy while you were on crutches? Whoa! You are a walking Superhero! You go, girl!

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369

Heading to bed. My cousin's giving me an 8:00 a.m. wake-up call. We're heading to the beach for the day!!!

• chrissyb

Hi girls, sorry I'm late but been busy, busy, busy!!!    It's starting to get  down to the wire now for the trip and it's amazing how many little things still need to be done!  Next on the list is check out what clothes still fit me (probably not a lot) and decide what I need to replace before packing.

Night Hauntie.....sleep well!

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849

Hi Chrissyb!!!!! I've been lurking on the boards more than writing, I'm soooo backed up at work since treatments and chemo brain, but did I hear a little birdie say you are heading toward my home town??????

• chrissyb

Hi Gina, and where might that be?   Could it be San Antonio?  If it is, then yes I am!  I will be there arriving 28th Sept and departing 2nd Oct.  Those dates will be confirmed for me next week some time and then it's all systems go!  Once I have that confirmation I will book a hotel and possibly a car to get me around.  I'm so looking forward to meeting everyone!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• 3jaysmom

hey ladies, i sworeto stay in bed and read; but, here i am!!! welcome, LauraJean.. we are the original "early" birds, e??

Chrissy, time is tickin away, now...san antoine? i had NO  idea.. id love to follow you, alas, if i make one stop, i'll consider myself lucky... took one  day off , and start new, lower dose, different colored synthyroid tommorrow.. so, i was exhausted today, and a bit sick.. found out the end results of gi..in the bath a lot, IS one of the side effects.. don't even know if the lower dose will work.. he's taking care of me thru the nurses, who are really nice.. one even seems to understand im a bit "techy" with fillers, and such. Maya let me know, the natural one i was looking into is pig based, and thats' another allergy..so, what to do? just gotta trust God will show me the right one. It took 5 miserable tries to find a pain med i could take. and then only 1/2 a dose.. i know you deal with the touchyness, so you'll understand. what a rollercoaster. one day, im sure i'll make shell knob, the next, im sure i won't we'll see, i guess.......3jays