Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Yay Hauntie!!!!  That's fantastic news!!!  You truly are free and clear now.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

Kaui is gorg,Debbie. it was part of our whirlwind honeymoon over 30 yrs ago. we did many of the islands, but enjoyed kaui for its beauty the most. looked like what id imagined Hawaai to look like. Maui was a blast, but so much more commerciasl. of course, it WAS 30 yrs ago, almost...

Hauntie... im so happy for you. i love when a plan comes together... you go girl!..............3jays

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369

I didn't realize how much of my decision to have the PMX was based on fear that there might be something there that my mammogram wasn't showing. Why after 17+ years would I have such an urgent need to have this surgery, maybe this is a sign or something - you know. I think my BS understood this fear better than I did. She couldn't believe she got the path report back so soon. She wasn't expecting it until Thursday morning.

Right after I hung the phone up. I broke down and sobbed. I couldn't stop. I kept wishing my mother was here to hear this news. She survived BC twice, only to die at 90 of Alzheimers, 4 years ago. I just kept crying and saying "Ma, I did it. I beat it." I'm crying again as I write this. I want to use the other Big C word so much (cured), but I know with breast cancer we can never say "never again." My BS reminded me of this while I was still in the hospital. But, I think even she feels like I've beat it.

My 92+ father has his own memory issues (not Alzheimers, thank God). He doesn't know I went in for this surgery and doesn't remember I ever had BC. My youngest brother said "I wish we could tell Dad." I told him how much I wanted our mother to know. He said "she does." Then I realized why the pathology report came back so soon. It was her putting a rush on it from heaven.

• chrissyb

Hauntie, those tears were tears of stress relief and you are allowed to shed as many as you need.  I think we don't realise sometimes just how on edge we are until we have a definitive answer to questions being asked and then we relax and everything just piles out in the form of tears.  Yes your mom does know that you have come through this and that your report was all good, as for getting your dad to understand? just give him a big hug and for whatever reason he puts on it, he will feel your relief.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Daydreamernh
    Daydreamernh Member Posts: 20

Hauntie

Awesome news lady! And I am so happy to hear good news. Busy, awful week since I got back from Booth Bay Harbor. Just more to add to the sleepless nights. We barely walked in the door to find out my honey's sister died, 47 years old and unexpected. The week went downhill from there. Just so much to do and with the wake and funeral, it made for some busy, chaotic days.  

Chrissy 

Have fun!

Can't wait to share  your vacation, with 5 of my own kids and 7 between us we never had the chance to do much traveling. We are just starting to take 2/3 day mini's now, and even that is difficult with our schedules. I don't think I will ever be leaving the country , not that I wouldn't love to see the world, sure can't fit it in the schedule and my honey would never leave the country. He is in a USA patriotic mood these days. Buy American, live American, nothing we can't do in America. But If I had the chance, he would definitely be home babysitting the cats, because I wouldn't hesitate to take that trip on my own. LOL

• chrissyb

Day, I'm so sorry to hear the news of your honey's sister.....so sad and so young.  Condolences to you all!

It is hard to do the travel thing when you have children at home and then if you are like me, you will always seem to find some reason for not doing it like cost, time, someone might need you blah, blah blah.....lol.  What has gotten me motivated to do this now is I have always wanted to travel but there was always an excuse, as above, and my children are adults and don't need me as much if at all and I had a small super policy that came due which gave me the finance to do it and I so wanted to meet as many of the friends I have made on this site while I am well enough to do so.............bottom line?  I'm on my way with no more excuses and I'm going to love every tiring minute of it.  The memories will keep me kicking on for a long, long time!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Hauntie

Hey Liz - so sorry about your loss. Only 47 years old, what a shame. I bought my ticket to "Bras across the Bridge" I've been trying to get family/friends to go with me. So far, no luck. I plan on going by myself unless my plans change for that weekend (see below). 

Chrissy - The tears are still flowing. I'm just letting them come. I PMd Reesie re meeting you gals in Morristown. It all depends on the date and if I can drive that far by then. My DB will be so delighted I'm coming to visit him - wait until he hears the ulterior motive. Smile Actually, I wouldn't mind paying him a visit. I haven't been to his place in years. Since everyone else lives in my area he always comes up to visit us.

• chrissyb

Thanks Hadley!

Hauntie, I think  that the tears will keep flowing for a little while yet as there has been a whole lot of pent up emotion that needs to be released. 

The date for the meeting is either the 6th ot 7th September or it might be the 7th or 8th.....somewhere in there...lol....Reecie will let you know more.  Actually, I think she started a thread about it in the get together forum the title of which is Chrissyb is coming to the USA!   I know she also has one in the Stage IV forum as well.  Oooo this is sooo good!  I do hope you will be able to make it but I fully understand if you can't.  I'm sure you would enjoy the visit with your DB asf well even though there is an ulterior motive to the visit....lol.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Hauntie

I thought I saw a thread about your trip,  just couldn't remember where.

• chrissyb

Hauntie, I just found both threads and bumped them for you.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Hauntie
    Thanks Chrissy - I found them. Time for some sleep. My recliner and "blankie" are calling me. I can't wait until I'm recovered enough to curl up in my own bed. Good night, all. G'day to you Chrissy Smile
  • moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,516

Goodness, what a whirlwind of news on the thread tonight!

Judith

• chrissyb

Ooo sorry Hauntie, I missed your g'nite.  I was searching high and low for my extra pair of glasses so I could pack them and of course I've put them away so safely even I can't find them!  Hope you sleep as well as possible on your recliner!!!

Hi Judith, hope your night is an easy one!!!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

ANYONE here?

• sas-schatzi

Hauntie-------superlative news---------ahhh and your mom knows and it's easier on dad not to know. Bless you and let the tears flow until they don't need too L&H&P's

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy I've got you penned in for the 22nd. I have to check with 3Jays to see if that's workable for ya'll and my cousin. Schatzi is still my problem. Everyone I would leave her with is full up, so to speak, And they all work during the day. I've never used a service, so my comfort level on that isn't high. What's your actual leave date from Aust.?

• chrissyb

Shiela, 22nd is no good, that's the day I leave for Shell Knob.   Can you do it before then?  I leave Aus on the 30th this month, next Tuesday to be precise.

Take care!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy may be 3 jays and I should talk by phone and figuire it out might be easier,? I can pm her ?

• chrissyb

I'm sure she won't mind if you PM her so go right ahead. 

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy------IPM'd 3jays---------we will work it out  pending Shatzi L&H's

• Hauntie

Anybody up - I woke up, from a sound sleep, about an hour ago, assuming it must at least be close to 5:00 a.m. I had no internet connection, so it took a while to figure that out. Now, I'm wide awake.

• moderators

Hi wide-awake Hauntie, and anyone else who's out there.

Judith

• Hauntie

Hey Judith. Doesn't appear to be anyone else up and I'm sure Chrissy is too busy with final trip preparations to be online. Maybe I'll read for a while and then try to get some more sleep.

• chrissyb

Hey girls, I just stopped for mo to get my breath and thought I'd check who was around and lo and behold here you are!!!   Wow Hauntie, do you know what woke you?   Hey Judith, how's your night been?

• moderators

Hi there, Chrissy! The night's been good, with some effective spammer-wrangling, and helping out with URLs and so on.

Your trip countdown continues, I see, with excitement all 'round. 

Judith

• Hauntie
    Probably because I had to pee. Smile
  • Hauntie

Dawn is approaching and I haven't taken any pain meds for hours. Maybe I can drive the 3 miles to the beach and take a nice, easy walk. It would be the first beach walk since my surgery.

• chrissyb

That sounds good and relaxing just don't over do it!  We all have a tendancy of doing more than we actually should when we start to feel better so just take care.

Mmmmm  having to pee does have a habit of waking you up doesn't it!

Well the packing is almost done!!  Thank goodness!  what a marathon....lol,....I think I've packed six times trying to get just the right mix.......but all done now, the only thing that needs to go into the suitcase is  a jacket I'm still working on.

Hope you enjoy your walk!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Hauntie

BS said walking is fine. Just keep my left my arm still. She actually said "keep your left hand in your pocket when you're up and about."  That's great when I have on pants with pockets, doesn't work too well with pajamas. If I leave in the next 20 minutes or so, I'll get to see the sun rise. Can't wait to see you in person - only 10 more days.

• chrissyb

It's only three before I leave Aus!!!!!  Oh my!!!!   Can't wait to meet you too!!!!   This is excitement plus!!!!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy