Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Options

Comments

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    Options

Bought some Melatonin today and going to give it a try tonight.  If it does not work, I will join you on here later.

• Hi Ladies,   I have no problem going to sleep, my problem is staying asleep.  Sometimes if I am really tired when I get home from work I will go to bed to watch tv or read and end up falling asleep and then I will wake up at midnight or so and be wide awake.  It drives me nuts to just lie there watching the clock so often I will get up and bake something or get on the computer.  So maybe I will see you all later this evening.  I didn't read all the pages, but I knew the Bob Newhart answer.....love trivia. 

• PS....I think melatonin is supposed to work best of people over the age of 65. 

• tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998
    Options

I love trivia too... I got one.... Who had a thick-gummed best friend named Bubba Blue?

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150
    Options

It's my first time posting here, and it's not quite 11:30 here in NC but I'm up, probably for 2 or 3 more hours.  I've always been a night owl, and now since dx last July I'm even more of one!  Love trivia also, but I've no idea who Bubba Blue is!  (Did know Bob Newhart, though, and loved his telephone routines!)

Kathy

• tinkertude
    Options

welcome QCA....!! anyone else want a shot at that trivia question?

• Well. Forrest Gump had that friend named Bubba with the oversized lips, but I don't know what his last name was. 

• tinkertude
    Options

marybe.... yup you  are right its Forrest Gump!!!! :)

• I really did not recall a last name, but you know I loved that movie....sometimes they will play a song from it on the one radio station at work....another movie I just recently liked the background music in was The King's Speech.   I just love movies.  Some of my friends are into NetFlix, but I like sitting in the movie theater with popcorn.   

• tinkertude
    Options

I havent been to a movie theater in quite awhile.. I like to go but hubby not so much and my kids are teens..sooooo that means they dont want to go with me! lol

he is a netflix person too... but i agree i love the whole movie "experience"...

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412
    Options

haha! im 29 and me and hubby's saturday nights used to be alot more well, how should we say, interesting!!

i made dinner, the big highlight of my night is painting my nails while i watch "it's always sunny in philly" from netflix! lol!!!! ( it is a truly hilarious show!!) and DH is about off to sleep on the couch!! all in all though, i just am not in the mood to go to a loud bar with rowdy people lately. i like to go out on the off nights ( so does DH) like on sunday or tuesday. where you can go somewhere, not wait forever, and actually be able to talk to eachother or play some pool.

well, going to go paint my nails, but will surely be on later!!!

• Once I confused ambien with my warfarin and was really feeling weird....my father was here visiting and I had to leave for work and I kept saying I feel really strange, like one leg is longer than the other.  I left and knocked over all the garbage cans pulling out of the driveway, then I hit a sewer grate when I went around a corner, busted the axle on the car and never did make it to work because the car had to be towed.  I only discovered the mistake a few days later when I was going to take an ambien before bed and noticed there was one broken in half and with the warfarin I was taking one and 1/2.  Both pills looked like little orange footballs so it was an honest mistake, but you can bet I did not tell the ins co what happened. 

• tinkertude
    Options

oh my!!!!

• Where do you live in VA?

• tinkertude
    Options

I live in Woodbridge which is Northern VA about 30 min south of DC. I am originally from Brooklyn though and moved to south FLA with my parents when I was 14... been in va about 13 years. Where are you from?

• Well, I am going to go take the dog for a walk....he is sitting here staring at me. 

• Oh me?, I am from Cincinnati, OH....originally from Portsmouth which is a small town down river from here. 

• Estepp
    Estepp Member Posts: 2,966
    Options

OMGOSH.........SHEILA !.........Cool

You start a thread........... YESTERDAY........... for sleep deprived women... ( all of us...lol)..... and I come to check it out.......... 24 hours later.......................... AND I HAVE TO READ  15 pages to CATCH UP??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Honey,,, I think you started something................ REAL !!!!.......Kiss

And.... to all other sisters................................. HELLO NIGHT OWLS !!!!!!

Peace and Bubble Gum !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smile

Laura

• Have any of you ever tried that sleep aid, Lunesta?...it gave me the most terrible taste in my mouth....pharmacist said that was not a SE, but then he looked it up and said Oh, yes it is written right here.  It made everything taste just awful.  I was on steroids until this past week when I told them I didn't want any more in my premeds.....I would not sleep at all the lst night after those. 

• tinkertude
    Options

Hi Laura!!!

GOD-IS GOOD/...I like it here too. The healt care has been good. My breast surgeon and Onc are in Arlington and my PS ison DC. I have been really pleased with them so far.. there are defitnley lots of choices here

• Estepp
    Options

LOL.... I  am a wine drinker... and have had the chocolate wine.... and this is just me.... JMO.............. YUKKO...... not my ball game...LOL... to each his/er own...

I too, had to buy it though... when I saw it... just to get a grasp on it. To be able to have an opinion when asked...Innocent

• Ang7
    Ang7 Member Posts: 568
    Options

Hi tinkertude~

I am in Fairfax...pretty quiet here tonight.

Even the dogs have gone to sleep...

Hi Estepp~

You were the first one to help me on BCO...thanks for that.Smile

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    Options

I am up....2:08 Halifax time....just finished watching the hird movie in the series "the girl with the dragon tattoo"...I have readlal the books but could not figure out if i saw the second movie or not...not a light and fluffy movie but it kept me entertained for over two hours so that was the purpose. How are you folks doing?

• Sandeeonherown
    Options

Marybe=I get weird on the pills I take (zopliclone) to sleep too...as you can tell, when it starts working, my typing gets wonky here....and I get a weird taste in my mouth and walking into walls...I also crave sugar, oddly enough but i am going to go and have some bran flakes instead like a good girl!

estepp- hink I wan to try it anyhow....would it be kind of like khalua or texture of a wine?

Bonnie - we aren;t allowed to smoke in restaurants in Canada any more. Smokers have to go outsite 3-15 meters from any public doorway...so that will aslo be good when the outside cafes open and no smoking!

• valgal
    valgal Member Posts: 187
    Options

Hello Ladies, I think I'll be a hit and run tonight but just wanted to stop by. I'm usually up till about 3 but I have to try to be up early tomorrow. I think SAS fell down the rabbit hole. We better send Tink after her.

I have a kind of serious question. Has anyone noticed their fingernails getting ridges or curving downwards as they grow? I know that people with lung cancer get something called clubbing. I'm just hoping I don't have anything going on in my lungs since my tumor was so close to the chest wall. Am I just being paranoid? 

P. S. If I bartend tonight I'd like to make us all a bunch of Pink Ladies.  Whipping cream, grenadine, gin, egg white- you have to use real ingredients though- no fake bar foam - they are yummy.

• Sandeeonherown
    Options

oooh valgal...pinkladies? sound like it will be perfect with my bran flakes and snoring cat! How do you make them?I think SAS mentioned earlier that she might not be on late tonight unless she wakes up mid-sleep. My nails were just brittle..but one week off of tammi..not even a week, and they are no longer peeling!! a good sign.

• valgal
    valgal Member Posts: 187
    Options

Peeling nails Sandy? Thats got to be the hormone factor. Hi Nanc, I love that movie too. I also love the Great Outdoors with John Candy and Dan Akroyd. Classics. Her I go again when I'm supposed to be in bed. If anyone wants a good read Water for Elephants was great. Read it before you see the movie though.

• Sandeeonherown
    Options

yep peeling or tearing....weak..but now, two weekeds into the pheart meds, my nails are hardening up and are strong again...weird

• Estepp
    Options

Awe Ang...... That is nice to know....... I hope you are WELL!

Night sisters..... 12:30 AM here... and Church comes early.........................

Sleep well ladies........ IF YOU CAN.... :):)

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150
    Options

Just checked my lottery #s and once again, I didn't win.  Rats!  I'm trying to learn how to post pics here and it s*cks!  Firefox doesn't allow you to copy and paste so I joined Photobucket through Internet Explorer.  Did what the instructions said, but when I pasted, I got the jpg.#, not the image that was supposed to "magically" appear.  Rats, again.  Maybe it's too late to try something new!!

Kathy