Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Options

Comments

• suemed8749
    suemed8749 Member Posts: 210
    Options

Wow - what a great thread. Wish we'd had something like this when I first came here in 2008 - lots of sleepless nights then.

Only 10:30 here in Phoenix. I doubt if I'll sleep well tonight - had to put my 11-yr-old cat to sleep this evening - renal failure. I feel so bad for my 16-yr-old son.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    Options

oh Suemed- sorry about your cat. my 18.5 kitty is looking me with sad eyes this year and has some illnesses so i have been worried too....I hope you did something together this evening.

my stqaggering is telling me the sleeping aid is kicking in so I have o log off now.

night all

• valgal
    valgal Member Posts: 187
    Options

For those of you who never heard of a pink lady:

The Pink Lady is a classic cocktail that has a light blush color contributed by the dashes of grenadine. It was one of the first "girly drinks" and a favorite of the high society ladies of the 30's. The key to this drink (and any shaken with egg) is to shake it longer than you would with most cocktails to ensure that everything is mixed well. The egg also makes a great foamy top of the pink liquid, creating an intimate looking finished cocktail.

You would probably have to be in a really great bar to even get one made. Oh wait we are at the greatest all night club in the world LOL

P. S I didn't think about the BC thing and the pink until now- it would be a good BC drink if they condoned booze!

• valgal
    Options

Where did everybody go? I think I just fell off my barstool. Hic

Losing your pet is really tough on everyone in the family. I still miss our family dog. Sorry Med.

Diagnosis: 7/2/2010, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378
    Options

I have always been a night-owl.  My DH is a morning-person - i think that's why we've stayed married almost 49 years....  I had some major family problems in 1998 & a chat site helped me through a lot of nights - I think it was called something like "caregivers".  I've spent a lot of time on this site since my dx & it's helped keep me functioning.

• Ang7
    Ang7 Member Posts: 568
    Options

Sorry Valgal~

The middle of the night is the best time to do laundry around here...

• valgal
    Options

Hi Ang, my best friend growing up was named Angela. Sounds good Nanc

• suemed8749
    suemed8749 Member Posts: 210
    Options

Thanks for the kity condolences. Husband, son, and I just finished watching Inception - son liked explaining parts to us.

Maybe a Pink Lady would help me sleep Smile. But I think it has gin in it, and I haven't touched gin since college. Not a pretty story Wink.

wow - Helen Mirren is hosting SNL tonight - that lady looks AMAZING. She is showing some major cleavage, too.

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    Options

hey gals.. and esp val gal. thanks for lookings) and i konked out when he went to bed. ill be up for a little, then try again.

A Couple of hours in the pool today with Fischer, the wonderboy, and i konked out when he did. He's still sleeping, but im at it for a little while!

trying to get used to the laptop, and the fingers have neuropathy, so the typing can be spotty!

its' so good to see all you nite owls up "with the chickens"..actually, THEY wont be up for hours yet!

i checked my skype, but Chrissys not to be found tonight. i hope she's getting some rest...

QCA.. in Firefox, you need to find a special bar to allow oix from photobucket, or anyhwere. ill ck and send you a pm what its' called..

chocalate wine sounds wonderful! i no longer do the wine, just whine..lol but chocalate is still a favorite.. the dark, especially..     3jays

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,233
    Options

Just passing through to say Hi fo fellow night owls!

Judith

• 3jaysmom
    Options

hey Judith,didn't get to say hello the other night. nice to have a nite "job" isn't it?       glad to know you guys are always here...       3jays

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    Options

Hi everyone, I was up so late last night with you all and I laughed so hard I think I wore myself out for tonight!  Have a wonderful sleep everyone, see you all tomorrow, since I work Monday, figure I won't be able to sleep then! lol.

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110
    Options

Got here late tonight. Geez, go to bed last night on pg 5, come back tonight to pg 16.

wow! busy thread. And it's 2:30 already.

• 3jaysmom
    Options
     3jays
  • valjean
    Options

Oh yeah, I think someone asked where in MI I was. Owosso is about 25 miles from Lansing, the capitol.

• valjean
    Options

Aw, that's cute 3jays. Yeah, I've gotta get to bed, too.

Night!

• valgal
    Options

I'm turning in too. ZZZZZZZZ

• 3jaysmom
    Options

night, val Jean.. im gonna go read a bit, answer some emails...3jays

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

oh no It's 248am here I am I tink with the chickens again ------yooo-hooo anyone there

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Well val gal I'm going to check and see if you a 3 jays are really ready for bed.

Whats the difference between a pink lady and a pink squirrel?

• 3jaysmom
    Options

i have no idea.. im still here.. i go from thread to thread, read, and jump back. gonna go soon tho... 3jays

• sas-schatzi
    Options

yes friends

• sas-schatzi
    Options

GIG the avatar thing started on the OMG they found a cure for stupid

• sas-schatzi
    Options

We are pretty whatever and we found our stuff being plastered all over FB. no one liked it felt to exposed

• sas-schatzi
    Options

and a pink lady?

• sas-schatzi
    Options

White cadillac?

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Yes I have been sleeping most of day--up twice to eat then back to bed.. No more chocolate wine

• sas-schatzi
    Options

I did fall down the rabbit hole. . I should have come straight here instead of trying to catch up on the pages I just missed abunch

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Med if you read this tomorrow sorry about your cat. so sad --they become our babies

• sas-schatzi
    Options

I haven't had them in years ,but used to love them. Rusty nails tooo that will give you a kick