Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Options

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

Windlass--I don;t like the fact that you are this concerned  and aren't calling your doc----your body has drugs in it that are changing your immune response as we type. Allow your doc to be your doc.

• windlass
    windlass Member Posts: 1,813
    Options

Okay, I am going to do the following:

* Boil saline 1 cup water to 1/4 tsp salt and irrigate my sinuses and throat. No grapfruit seed.

* Take a hot shower to make me sleepy again.

* Wait til 8 AM to call my oncologist (unless something gets dramatically worse). She will appreciate the extra 3.5 hours of sleep.

* Speaking of sleep, Make an appt on Monday for my DH to get a sleep analysis.

* Read this Wikipedia entry on snoring, and treatments:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snoring#Treatment

I think I have my bases covered. Thank you so much, ladies, that I did not have to wake up my sleeping husband to sort this out with me. He needs all the sleep he can get!

• sas-schatzi
    Options

hd the adrenalines pumping now so the buzz left through the back door

• Jalsmama55
    Jalsmama55 Member Posts: 29
    Options

I agree with Sas. Going through chemo changes the entire game for you windlass. Everything needs to be reported.

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Good plan--just add if symptoms for you change or worsen take action immediately by calling doc or going to ER

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412
    Options

i took my 2 sleep aid (benadryl), and i don't hear any snoring.... so i'm gonna go try to get a little shut eye!!

love you ladies!!!!!!!! i may be back in a few, depending on these hot flashes and if i can sleep!

• sas-schatzi
    Options

hd may be big mistake i'm going to have a beer

• windlass
    Options

I promise if things change or worsen, I will call ASAP. If anything, I am feeling better and the sore throat is almost gone. (That happens even with a cold - if you get up and move around, it gets better, and it gets worse when you are sleeping.)

• sas-schatzi
    Options

hd angel baby --I believe thats the last bottle of chocolate wine that i willever drink

• windlass
    Options

Night, hdangelbaby - thanks for hanging out with us!

• windlass
    Options

Uggh, chocolate wine? Sounds terrible! *laugh*

My water is boiling... brb

• windlass
    Options

Nite, God is good, thank to you also!

• LoriL
    LoriL Member Posts: 3
    Options

Good morning, I mean "night," ladies. A hot flash woke me up, and after I cooled down with a sugar free popsicle, I found you guys!

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Windlass we've been quiet for a few minutes---thats because its against our licesnse to give medical advice ---the best that we can do by law is to advise you to call your doc or go to ER. You have a plan. It sounds like you have logically sequenced what you are going to do .It just makes everything different when you add chemo to the mixture. When I said allow your doc to be your doc---it's what they are licensed to be.

• Jalsmama55
    Options

Good luck Windlass with the dr tomorrow. Hope u find some relief. Goodnight ladies, see you tomorrow night :) Xoxoxo

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    Options

hi guys: the last week has been out of the ordinary for me; i've had issues that kept me medicated, and out..

now, no drugs, so im back to the usual...

i sleep from 5am till 11-12 daily, so haunt the site all night.

im so glad you started this threas, SAS... i can't say how faithful i'll be, but when up; i'll be here.!

im making a concerted attemtp in trying to reverse some of my issues, sleep "normal" hours. i feel like im STILL losing out on life.! mine isn't bc; or SE's as much as my Multiple Sclerosis has progressed, and the leg restlessness/ pain keeps me up and down./ none of the drugs for that can i tolerate ie. the Lyrica someone mentioned, so, here i am.

i have made friends with some of the Aussies, bc of the time change, and i'll be letting them know!

its' nice just to not be the only vampire in the group!!!    3jaysmom

• LoriL
    LoriL Member Posts: 3
    Options

Guess everyone went to bed. I'll give it a whirl...

• sas-schatzi
    Options

hello loril welcome I'm not sure who all is still here, but thats the point to try and find somone in the middle of the night

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Hey 3 jays we met along time ago

• sas-schatzi
    Options

3jay--loril still there

Windlass--goodluckcome back and let us know what-up

• windlass
    Options

I'm still here, waiting for my saline to cool. 3jaysmom - have you looked into Low Dose Naltrexone for the MS?

• sas-schatzi
    Options

windlass I think everyones gone

• sas-schatzi
    Options

While you are waiting for the saline to cool. Tell me about your avatar

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Is it just me and the chickens? Yes its just me and the chickens

• windlass
    Options

Oh, my avatar! You are the first person who has asked. Let me find you the painting it comes from and I will post it here. Then I can explain. It has a story.

• Jalsmama55
    Options

Cluck cluck!

• sas-schatzi
    Options

windlass IT reminds me of an Irish lass looking off the coast

Jals-cluck

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Jals your in ca so it must be 2am there? It's 5 am here. last i looked at the clock it was just before mn

• windlass
    Options

SAS: STill looking, but almost there. One sec more...

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Nancy--hope it's a sleep day tomorrow