Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• rohanna
    rohanna Member Posts: 154

Hi, ladies. If some of you have been prescribed Antibiotics lately and have developed thrush on your tongue, do you have a remedy? I know that's a gross question, but when I asked my GP she just said, "Yeah, I know. It's awful but it will go away." Could she have been less helpful?

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Rohanna, when my children were babies they developed mouth thrush on occassion so I painted their mouths with Gentian Violet.  I got it from the pharmacy but that was a long time ago.  Perhaps if you spoke to your pharmacist they may be able to help.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• rohanna

Thanks, Chrissy. I didn't think about asking the pharmacist. *head slap* I've been sitting around with yogurt in my mouth, but it doesn't seem to help.

• pupfoster1
    pupfoster1 Member Posts: 176

Ughh, Rohanna,

I had thrush when I was going through chemo (plus all sorts of other mouth/throat issues).  The onc px me what they call the "magic mouthwash"---some sort of lydocaine, plus other goodies mixed in that you swish in your mouth, then spit out.  Actually works really well.  Ask your pharmacist or doc about it.

Take care, 

Sharon

PS Can't believe I hadn't found this thread before---here I am at 2:00 am..............

• chrissyb

It's been around for quite a while....lol.......and when you are all supposed to be asleep it's late afternoon here so I'm always here too.

Pup what's up?

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Rohanna--------Hi---had thrush for very long time after last round of Keflex. Oddly the Ent doc suggested probiotics AFTER MONTHS OF "NEW DRUGS" like Orivig( very expensive.

I have taken probiotics  for years, but by capsule form. I had some powdered form in the frig for the dog.  Did it several times that day and the next , BY THE TEASPOONFUL AND LET IT DISSOLVE IN THE MOUTH------viola---gone.  Did continue for a while -a week or so. Now take irregularly ----shouldn't b/c it also makes the  bowels work like--NORMAL. Even with anything that is constipating. -The Brand name I used/use was Bluebonnet. Needs refrigeration.

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy----------hope we connect tonight -----it's been so long we keep passing each other Lovey.

• chrissyb

Hey Sheila!  bout time we caught up! ........lol.....nice to see you!

• sas-schatzi

What-up GF

• rohanna

Thanks, ladies. I'll ask about the mouth wash and I'll try the probiotics. It's also good for constipation? Hallelujah, I also have diverticulitis and that would be so much better than fiber drinks. A twofer? YES!!

A friend of mine was diagnosed last month and I told her about BCO. I told her that she would receive more information and support than she would dream possible. She texted me a few days ago that I was absolutely right. 

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy I have to have brain surgery-----remember when we were with 3Jays-----and I said I could have picked up report on the way out of town, but it would ruin the week-end--------well it showed Little Bean-------I gave it a name------growing from 9.2 mm to 15 mm. ------Just this week got insurance approval for out of network evaluation

• chrissyb

Got a little bad new last week, had a bit of progression but they are very small but in a few different places.......sigh............it had to come but it could have waited a little longer.  We are not changing the treatment yet but we will minoter closely for the time being.  How have you been doing?

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy-Bone mets site?----------Bummer--------But I do so remember what you told me, about bone mets. Problem with Bone mets-----If the damnable AI's cause so much Bone pain when do you start to complain to the doc's?

• pupfoster1
    pupfoster1 Member Posts: 176

Hi girls, Chrissy (((hugs))),

Damn sucks to be here, but at least we have each other right?  I can't believe I have "met" so many lovely, GORGEOUS, AMAZING women here. In a place I never could have imagined being.  

How are things in Oz Chrissy?  Hope things improve on your next visit!!!!  

Sharon

• rohanna

Chrissy, I'm watching a documentary about the Australian SERT team. Geez, you live in a beautiful place!

• chrissyb

Sheila, top of the right femur, top of the right humerus, bottom of the sternum and bottom rib on the right as well as the T7.  The worst one is at T7 but as yet not causing too many problems.  I don't have any bone pain from the AI but I do have heaps of arthritis which is a problem.........who can tell the difference between arthritis and mets pain?

• chrissyb

Thanks Sharon!  I am not sure that will happen but that's okay.....I will take each day as it happens and enjoy what I have.

Rohanna, yes I agree, I do live in a beautiful country but having visited yours, it is equally as beautiful and amazing just different.

• sas-schatzi

Rohanna if you are going to do Probiotics the way i suggested , stay home until you see how your digestive track--Acclimates LOL-------Other thing you can take is that helps is ---diverticulitis is Omega 3 ---either flaxseed oil/ or fishoil. Fishoil doesn't agree with some people.  I found about it in 96. Took only one cap a day, I now try to take 4 caps a day. You can take it by just the liquid, but that didn't agree with me.

Flaxseed oil is great for animals too. But my dog won't take the fishoil---I guess the smell. You won't believe what it does for your skin and hair--amazing. Also, the animals coat--------SAS

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy. you are so right, how do you tell what pain is what pain? with thes new site----do you have pain?

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy have you heard from Nancy or TL?

• rohanna

Thanks, sas. I'll go and buy some Omega 3 fish oil tomorrow. Any special brand? I'm sending up extra prayers for you and Chrissy. I love you guys. ((hugs))

• sas-schatzi

I'm sticking here versus checking other threads chrissy b/c it's been so many months since we were on at the same time

• chrissyb

I have hip issues and shoulder issues but I also have arthritis in both places so...............  The T7 is the one that I feel most but it's not too bad at the moment and can be controlled with painkiller.  I'm sure at some point it will break through that and give me heaps and when it does then we'll be doing rads.

• chrissyb

I haven't heard from either of them......have you?

Thanks Rohanna.

• sas-schatzi

Rohanna--------Barleans for fishoil, bluebonnet for flaxseed oil, Also, stick close to home until you see how everything comes out LOL

• chrissyb

Sheila, we all know how thing come out until you get used to them........hahahahahaha!

• rohanna

"See how everything comes out" indeed. Diverticulitis is a sneaky disease all on it's own. I was diagnosed with it right after my bc dx. I'm going to try to get my cranky Siamese to take some. His coat has been a little ragged lately.

• sas-schatzi

Rohanna start at one until you work up. to the amount you want to take. I have a twin. Her legs are all spider viens and varicose viens. I have one spider vien. But I do have a cluster of viens on the left leg leftover from a severe canoe injury. So, it's though to tell if they would have ever occured had I not had the canoe injury. But ask Chrissy about my skin it's in pretty good shape for a 61 y/o-----particularly when I have a mirrow image in my twin. She looks allot older.

• sas-schatzi

Rohanna the cat may well like the fishoil smell LOL

Chrissy--------very funny LOL

• chrissyb

Sheila, you have beautiful skin and it belies your age!  Rohanna, I too was dx's with diverticulitis not long after my BC dx....seems a little strange?  Any way, believe it or not, my doc recommended that I take metamucil every day.....yup....sounds weired as you use that for constipation but it works the opposite way when you have diverticulitis and have very loose stools.