Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• pupfoster1
    pupfoster1 Member Posts: 176

It is maddening at times isn't it?  I for one have gotten in to the endless worry about "what if" instead of learning to live by the "what now" belief.  It's EASY to put down here, but HARD to put in to ACTION!

Shaaron

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

----ok here's the technical about divertic--------HX of constipation-----last third of the large wall of the colon thickens to try to help force stool out, pressure builds up and you get pockects that blow out like the old innertubes of bycycles. To much pressure they can get full of "stuff", they also can blow. Then that's big trouble. metamucil increases blulk that forces the walls to spread. But doesn't work if you don't drink enough fluids.------post now so I'm still with you

• rohanna
    rohanna Member Posts: 154

Chrissy, that is strange that we have both. I drink that awful metamucil every day but I stll get occasional attacks. The fever is the WORST! Then the antibiotics give me thrush! *sigh* I was told to drink a lot of water too.  I may be getting LE too because I've been waking up with my arms and hands swollen and it takes me a while to close my left hand. I'm going to call my onc on Monday and get it checked.

Sas, the cat turns his nose up at fish but can hear the word chicken from a mile away. Because he thinks my daughter's blue blanket is his wife (he refuses to acknowledge that he's been fixed) my daughter bought him his own blanket for Christmas! And yes, he got to open his gift first! The little perv!

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Sharon, if you contantly worry about what may happen, you leave yourself short of enjoying the right now.  I'm not saying that you forget the possibilities of this disease, you don't but they are not foremost in your thoughts which allows you to live........I mean really live and enjoy each and every moment of that living.

• rohanna

Sharon, if you're worrying about it coming back, I just read on another thread that some women are 20 and 31 years out. That made me feel a lot better.

• chrissyb

Rohanna, I must be doing the right thing as I have managed to avoid an attack for a long time now....yay!......yeah, but the memories of the last one is still with me...yuk!

I had a cat who could hear the work chicken from miles away as well....lol....he would take it out of your mouth if you let him!  Thank goodness he was very gentle.  It was easy to feed him when he was off color.  Your baby sounds fabulous!  My kind of cat.

• chrissyb

My SIL is a survivor.....36years!  She had a double mastectomy and no other treatment!

• chrissyb

Sheila, thanks for the low down on diver......great way to explain it.

• rohanna

chrissy, do you do something besides the metamucil and liquids? My last attack before this one caused fever so high that I had a seizure. I seem to get one about every 3 to 4 months but I'm doing what I was told.

My baby, Smokey, is a big, fat, spoiled, grump. And he rules this house. He was a rescue and I think he's about 14 yrs. old. The people at the shelter said they weren't too sure about the people who turned him in. He doesn't respond to  "Here, kitty." He will only answer to a whistle and a yell of "Here dog!" The shelter worker said his former owner smelled a bit like "the medicinal herb" so that might explain a little bit. We also feed about a dozen feral cats in the woods behind our house along with a herd of deer and a family of raccoons. 

• sas-schatzi

I had divertic 10 plus years ago thats when I got into flseed oil-------when I fall off it ----things change-------plus the side effects of Omega 3's--------are amazing skin , hair, nails,  Wish I could say it had an affect on BC. I did fall off it for a while before BC considering twin had bBC in 96 and I fell off it in 2007 until late 2008 who knows. And I did fall off it for a 1 1/2 before BC. Thats why I upped my dose, so much once I got back on it. The medical establishment started recomennding it. For each level they recommend, I go a wee bit higher.

Thanks Chrissy--------about the skin,

You know how you get that rough skin on the posterior elbows. When I first started Omega's that skin was not nice. Since it's been like a babies skin.  ------you compare twins skin and mine-----no comparison-------she recently finally started it. Plus Bcomplex---------full range

• pupfoster1
    pupfoster1 Member Posts: 176

FUDGE,

Thought I'd  hit the wave, but may have missed   Anyone out ther?

Sharon

• chrissyb

Rohanna, my diest is very high in fibre.  Loads of fruit and veg and lots if grains.  As little as possible of highly processed foods. I also eat lot of nuts and seeds.  Don't know if this is helping at all but I do know that I haven't had an issue with diver for quite some time.

Your big fat baby sound delightful and I would really love to meet him.   All the other wild life is amazing!  Deer at your back door?  Oh my!

• chrissyb

Sharon, we are all still here.

• rohanna

Sas, I just went snooping in my husband's medicine cabinet and found some fish oil. 1200 mgs. So I took one. It says it's good for the heart too which is great since I've been hearing about all the heart problems that have been discovered about left side radiation (which I had 36 doses of). I learn so much from you wonderful ladies!

chrissy, we have a couple of pear and apple trees in the back yard and the deer come up and eat them. We put hay out for them in the winter along with a salt block. Smokey never meows unless he's hurt so one morning when he was yowling I came running. He was sitting at the patio door and two fawns were looking in the door at him. I think they were calling him a crybaby!

• sas-schatzi

Sharon---------well , yes and no about the action. It depends on the trouble and the memory LOL.

• sas-schatzi

C& R & S I feed the wid life until we had an attack of the squirrels--------Like in Hitchcocks BIRD------stopped feeding the bird----on squirrell made a hole in the screen to get at the food then  there were multiple sqirrels in the enclosure------that was it------no one got feed and the sqirrels got relocated. I hate it , but one also got in the attic by pulling back the alluninum siding.------Gone relocated

• chrissyb

Oh my, that would have been funny to see Rohanna.  Two fawns?  How lovely!  Maybe he was telling you that there were interlopers....lol

• sas-schatzi

Oh Ro where was Mama Deer?

• sas-schatzi

Ro What state are you in?

• chrissyb

Sheila, there are a lot of areas here that had possum problems like that.  They  get into the roof space and create a huge mess!  They not only build there nest they eat and deficate there also and eventually your ceiling caves in cause its soaked with urine!

• sas-schatzi

Any where in the US and canada the squirrels can gnaw at electrical wires and cause fires----that was the big issue. So far I have never heard of them in the attic, but I get the whole ceiling cave in and smell and feces thing -------UGH----UGH

• rohanna

Mama deer was eating apples at the time and the buck was gorgeous. The woods are posted No Hunting and the neighbors and I patrol it all the time. We even have an albino doe who has been on the local news. I've only seen her twice. Some of the herd will come close to the house but there are about 6 who seem shy and keep their distance. We don't have a squirrel problem. I think that's because of the feral cats.

• rohanna

sas, I live between Memphis and Nashville.

• chrissyb

My daughter lived in a house that had a possum problem and as fast as she trapped them and had them removed another family moved in.  Eventually the landlord had the hole that they were using to access the roof space repaired and that ws the end of the troubles.  The only thing was, when the house got really hot and was closed up because DD was at work, the smell when she entered would just about knock her backwards.  Neddless to say, as soon as her lease was up she ws out of there!

• chrissyb

Ro I think it would be fabulous to be able to watch the deer so closely........you are one lucky woman!

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy when you would write on your travels about the cute squirrels, I would just cringe about what trouble they can be. But I agree they are cute as long as they aren't causing troubel

rohanna---I only ask about where are you from b/c I'm from Michigan-----they have a huge population of deer--------when I would visit my twin we would go deer hunting about an hour before dusk and there were deer everywhere.------Hunting meant drive around spotting dear. Two babies at the door says you have a huge tame population or something happened to Mama.

• rohanna

My DH came home one night and asked me where the "really ugly cat" came from. I went outside and found a possum eating with the cats! (DH is a city boy and had never seen a possum before.) We have a humane trap and we catch the possums and take them to the nature preserve. Of course, I let THEM release them because they look like big rats to me and I can just see them attacking me like the killer rabbit scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. YUCK!

• chrissyb

I found them cut Sheila because we don't have then here in Aus.  The only ones I had seen were on film and cartoons....lol......I was just facinated at how little they were.  I know some wildlife can cause and be a problem but it doesn't make them any less cute....lol

• chrissyb

Lol Ro, I love that movie.....laugh myself silly every time I see it!  When I was with Cheryl in LA, there was a possum on her back fence.  I was facinated as they are nothing like the possums here...........the ones we have here are eally cuddly soft and cute!

• rohanna

sas, I don't mind you asking where I am. It's a little town called Arlington and it's pretty rural but growing. As more houses are built, more deer show up in the woods behind my house. Which I love! We own part of the property and another family owns the rest and we have no plans to sell so bring on the Bambi's!