Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Chrissy - i told Gina I loved her screen name------San Antonia Gina = sagina. Actually a beautifuful name

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

I'm doing good.  Had some liver pain and got a CT done but its all clear so I guess it was just reacting to my diet while I was away.  I usually eat pretty clean with very little alcohol but that went out the window while I was there.

• chrissyb

She is as pretty as her name and a great girl to boot.

• ftprintz
    ftprintz Member Posts: 2

I am new to this site and I sure hope I am at the right place for some type of reassurance.

I have a pain that is in my armpit (R) it does not seem to go away MRI was done yesterday nothing broken torn but they were looking at the rotator cuff I am wondering if it could be my lymph nodes ? has anyone ever had this type of pain before ?

As for Cancer it is on both sides of my family mother and aunts.

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy ------are you well recovered from the trip? You made our lives for awhile. So glad that found money was so well spent. There is a Theory called THE "multiplier effect". google it. It has to do with money, but I want you to apply the concept with people.

• chrissyb

Hi Ftprintz and welcome to BCO.  I have had rotor cuff damage at varying times in my life and they do indeed give pain in the armpit but your lymph nodes can become a little swollen just from your body fighting off a virus.  If your doc suspected breast cancer, I'm sure he/she would refer you for a mamogram or ultra sound so please, unless this is the case, put your mind at ease.  If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• sas-schatzi

Ftprintz----------sorry-------not good on answer to your question------bummer

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy------- what a great answer to ftprintz

• chrissyb

Shiela, I am recovered now but still putting things away....lol.  I had the best trip ever and if I could I would do it all over again!  I thoroughly enjoyed seeing some of your wonderful country and meeting so many lovely women.

• ftprintz
    ftprintz Member Posts: 2

Thanks Chrissy, thank you for your reply ...they just have not figured out what s going on I think ...

Trying to figure out a way to explain to a male doctor how the pain feels is not and easy task, I do have to say he does listen just not sure anymore how to explain that my armpit burns andif I hit the front of my arm I scream when my arm goes numb, it just feel like my arm is on fire .

Again thanks for listening 

hugsssssss Ftprintz

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy----------all of us would have followed you in a minute------------You did what so many of us never have---------and your travelogue explanation ---------what joy------it was emmense at each point. . we will be talking about it for years. What fun

• chrissyb

Ftprintz, if it is worrying you a lot and just to put your mind at ease on the BC side of things, perhaps if you sugested a mamogram and see what your doc thinks.  Having a definite answer on that front would make it easier for you to devote your thoughts to finding the cause of your pain. It does sound rather severe but sometimes it takes time to rule things out before an answer can be found.  Itsounds like your doc is determined to find the answer for you.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• sas-schatzi

Ftprint--------you are talking about nerve pain--------your doc ought to be recognizing your description. Are you after Surgery or fal what's the story?

• chrissyb

Shiela, I tried to take you all with me but time and space made me keep it to a minimum although the posts were long, there were really only precis of the whole.   I'm so glad you found joy in it as well.

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy, Like I said I a do over we all would have gone with you. Kay may come here in the spring , depends on my brain surgery.

• chrissyb

That would be soooo good for you if she could.  When are you having the surgery? and what are the docs saying about the results?

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,516

Welcome to BCO ftprintz. You found a good place with the late-nighters! As well as the helpful advice here, you might want to post in the Not Diagnosed But Worried forum, and of course there's lots of information at the main Breastcancer.org site.

Judith and the Mods

• sas-schatzi

ftprintz----------Judith just gave you great advise--------please go to the the sites she suggested. They are technically very correct. --------hugely compared to other sites like NIH and KOMENS sites-----------Talking to discussion board people is very nice , but you must go to the board sites first for scientific info--------------i'm a nurse--------I came to this board b/c the info on the main board was the most instructive------------don't take discussion board info over the main board info. BCO has put allot into their teaching based on the info requested by people coming here. Believe in their teaching. Godspeed

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy-----I'm just on the treadmill --------doc appt's           remember when I was with you and 3jays and I decided not to pick up the report b/c it would ruin the weekend. Well glad I didn't. Woulda. So, now I just deal with it. As things go along, I'll let you know. It does not have Malignant signs. BUT it has grown 2/3 in size. Since it's so close to the optic nerve , it has to be dealt with. =============so, that's it eh--------------------going to bed lovey sheila

• sas-schatzi

So- happy  apperntaly, no one has insomnia-----------------duh just me--------------rareo cassion now based on your advice.. What's up in the Aussi area? Sheila

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439

No insomnia here SAS, it's about 7:50 pm, Thurs, here, raining lightly, thankfully, as our lawn was a horrible brown from no rain all winter. It only takes a small shower to turn the grass to green. When I think of all the hours I used to stand out there watering years ago, I think I've wasted a good part of my life.  It never had the same effect as some rain either.

I don't have insomnia, but due to constant diarrhea, I am sleep-walking back and forwards to the bathroom all night long.  Gotta see my GP tomorrow and get it sorted.

Sheila.

• chrissyb

Hi Sheila! No insomnia here but it is getting late and I'm heading for my bed

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

hi gals.. sleep is at a premium here, but not sleep, as much as WHEN!!!my days/nights are still mixed uo. the neuro lately told me, get used to it, its here for awhile. i sleep too late in the morning, and when i do lay down, (as i have to with the hyoo) then, the restless leg starts.. im also not taking my little "walks" like i did last year, so, nothing is working right...

nobodys been here for so long, i thought we were finished... apparently not..

SAS: have you heard anything def. about the surgery for little bean yet  when/where???...3jays

• chrissyb

Hey 3jays, I'm around if you can't sleep and want to chat.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,516

Greetings, late nighters, whatever time it is for you!

Judith

• chrissyb

Hi Judith, how is your night going?

Chrissy

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246

good  morning judith

• chrissyb

Wow Juliet!  You are either up very late or up very early..............if my calculations are right it's about 4.30am!

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246

up early chrissy, off to the gym in an hour,, how are you doing? its been cold here down in the 60'sf  well thats cold for us!

• chrissyb

I'm doing good thanks Juliet.  I think the Vit. K shot my doc gave me the other day is doing exactly what he said it would, eased off the inflamation in my knees which has lessened the pain and has given me a bit more energy so I am able to do a bit more......so it's all good news!.....lol.   The weather here doesn't quite know what it wants to do....lol.....one day its spring bordering on winter again and two days later the temp goes sky high and we are all sweltering.    Give it another couple of weeks and we'll have summer with a vengeance!