Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

I'm with you there.  Sometime a taste of their own medicine is all that is needed to wake some people up and then you get the ones that no matter what, they will never change.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Aussie Sheila-------there are two managements for a ruptured tic. Immediate surgery ASAP b/c gangrene can set in. The other is days of antibx's --this is for a tic that has leaked , but walled itself off and doesn't generally lead to gangrene. You had the first. It's a true surgical emergency.  That's why it was done in the middle of the night. It had to be, morning could have been too late.
    Too bad the right treatment and dx weren't done in the first place. AND the referral of the ostomy nurse was missed for so many days. That referral was missed by allot of people. Sorry. Doc> nurses>secretaries>charge nurse. They all blew it. Complain to the CEO and VP of nursing. There was no, NO excuse for it to be missed. You could have ended up with some serious skin issues around the stoma b/c of improper care. This  is a BIG issue.------

The ostomy nurse likely told you to call her with any problems and has likely made home visits---this is standard if they are the only one in the area.---------Each day will get better. Just when tou get to be a pro on it-they will reverse it.

good luck------sheila USA

• pupfoster1
    pupfoster1 Member Posts: 176

Hi Girls,

I'm actually going to try and get a good night's sleep tonight---ha!  We'll see if that happens!  I'm lucky if I'm not up at least 3 times to go pee, and one of those times it usually takes me about an hour to go back to sleep.  If that happens I'll be back!

Take care all and thanks for the PM Sheila!

Sharon

• chrissyb

Sharon, should you need to chat, I will be here.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849

CHRISSYB miss you! that's all, just miss you!

I'll check in tonight and see if you are all on. 

• chrissyb

Hey Gina!!!!!    How you doing?   I'm here for a few hours now so pop in if you are around.

I miss everyone.....lol   wish I could do it all over again.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• sas-schatzi

San Antonia Gina---Sagina------again, I am so drawn to Sagina----I'm sure you are getting tired of hearing that. ----forgive me for repeating it and repeating it.

Chrissy , 3 Jays and all-finally getting some action on scheduling, but looks like it could likely be mid to late Feb or even March. Clinker---the doc I wanted has left and know nothing about new doc-------May delay things even further.          Had the satisfaction of making the complaint to the supervisor today. She's been out since before Christmas. Kind of tells me she had problems of her own, today was her first day back.

• chrissyb

Shiela, it's about time thing started to move for you!  This has been going on waaaaay too long.  Oh bummer dude on the doc you trust leaving...........can you get information on the new one?  Good for you for getting satisfaction with your complaint!!!!   Love it when something like that makes you feel good.....lol

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy -we missed each other by minutes. Now it's 6 am here writing all night, on other threads. Hope it made sense , tried to make it so.  That's part---- or the whole of why I took a break for months. I come here and see a need and then I get going. You know I'm a night talker. You put up with it when you were here.  Bless you and 3jays and Murray.

The thread BFF has been recently reactivated. Kate is there. You would be a good one to be there also. Look in on it when you can. It's focus is about trying to understand when our best friends leave us, or ignore us, or are not there for us, plus family. Namaste sheila

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy, do the new Mets sites hurt?

• sas-schatzi

Chriisy-we talked about bone mets----------I still have a problem -question. If I have had muscle bone and joint pain my whole life-------postpolio, how do I dtermine mets? beyond the yearly Pet scan---------any clues?

• chrissyb

Sheila the docs say and I agree that bone mets wake you up at night and the pain is a pain like no other. Are you having unusual pain?

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy, I have lived my whole life with muscle bone , and joint pain. Plus muscle spasms of the feet and lower legs, Feet  more than legs. So, if i get Mets to the bone. Haven't a clue what to complain about b/c it's always been there LOL---then also WTF.  Your question about pain. So, pain all your life---whats new? Thats my question. Learned to live with it-----Definitely made worse by the AI'S

How are you with new mets----do you feel it?

• chrissyb

Sheila the one I really feel most is the one in my spine. The others are no different to the arthritic pain that I always have. Over all I am okay with it all but will expect that to change as time goes on.

A lot of times the only way to tell if you have them is by scan particularly if they are small. The pain usually comes as they progress and get bigger. Sure hope you don't get them.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• thefuzzylemon
    thefuzzylemon Member Posts: 631

Sas ... I'm always peeking in on your thread ... love it! 

I received a pm from you that I can't open for some reason ... when it becomes available, I will respond.  Just didn't want you to think I was ignoring it or anything.

Hey everyone!  I see many great friends here and I love you all! 

• chrissyb

Hi Fuzz how you doing?

• thefuzzylemon
    thefuzzylemon Member Posts: 631

Hey there Chrissy darling! I'm doing pretty well I think.  Tomorrow is my first c____versary!  And, really ... it didn't go by very fast! LOL  What a year.  I'm in Northern Wisconsin and I'm getting ready for some training that I have to deliver this afternoon.  I love training and development.  It's really natural for me ... and this group is very warm and inviting so it will be an easy day!

It's sooooooooooooo cold ... like -30 (that's thirty below zero) with wind chills.  Not that I didn't think you knew what that was ... I more repeated it to myself more than anything .... 30 BELOW!  Two weeks ago I could have raked my yard!  Now I can't even breath when the wind blows!!!  My eye "juice" or whatever that is FREEZES!  LOL ... yup, I get a little coo-coo-nuts during Jan and Feb!

How are you doing sweetie??  I'm so glad you responded to the sister who is terrified of the V forums.  I just knew you would do it :)  You're a blessing.

• chrissyb

Hey Fuuz........happy c------versary!!!!!!!   One year down and many more to go! Glad you are going to have an easy day doing what you like best...................to me, that's the only way to have a good day.....lol.

Oh yeah 30 below is veeeery cold and don't quite know how I would cope with that but I guess you cope because you have to..............you have no choice..............a bit like having BC really when you think about it....lol.......and everything else in life.

Fuzz, I'm doing just fine at the moment aside from a rotten back ache but that has nothing to do with the mets and all to do will nerves....lol.    Weird isn't it?  where you expect pain you don't get tit and where you don't, you do..............never mind, just another anomolly of life.

I don't mind responding to anyone if I think I can help.

Take care and again, hope you day was a good one.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

just checking in for a bit. not going to many threads lately, with the hypo thyroid crap.. 3's have gone in the wrong direction again, and the dose is so low... ah, well..

sas, i hope you get some movement on the little bean.. keep us posted.....3jays

• sas-schatzi

Hi Chrissy , 3Jays annd fussy, and allison an TL.5: 17 am the 21st... It may have seemed i posted a lot longer ago , but it really has been but a day, the clock tells us different , but we know different -------mostly b/c our clocks are all different-------and so many of the clocks in my house are different, it truly amazing I get any where on time. Ds changed some of the high clocks , but not all. So, it's dificullt and funny--------time---what is it really.

In Reno NV I bought a PIN that was The "MAD HATTER" I very specifically wore that image to many --many meetings when i was a "SUIT"......I need to will that little guy to someone. I wanted the Cheshire Cat but the artist didn't have one there at the time. But Madalyn Albright who was our Secretary of State------has a collection of suit pins  SHe initially just liked them. But then the media started to comment on them. She then started wear certain pins on her suits and episodes she was involved in. They are in her biography. Made me feel good b/c I had the same attitude she did"they delivered a message" My "Mad Hatter " pin was to me a subtle saying-------these meetings are a joke and I wish I wasn't here.

• sas-schatzi

3 jays so get it about not going to many threads---------it takes so much energy out of us , and then we look at the clock-it' 6 am------------I started way early ------now last night and meant to spend and hour, Now it's been all night. But you and chrissy and fuzzy----------all of us that have been here for a time , we go to a thread and somebodies in trouble, we either try to help on the site or by pm. Then we come back to say hereand know even if your not here and i write a missive, I know you will check in. and it may be 2+ days , but thats okay.

I have finally got an appoiment at Moffit.----------not b/c of insusrace delay-------the person at the office-----------------7 weeks - 1day-----------------outregeous---------<5days for insurance approval< than 2 days for an appointnent.

Yes I did talk to her boss, the one that screwed it up

Will talk about fears, once surgery is scheduled.. Many

Has things improved with thyroid?

Tell murray hello---------------still loved how you two treated each other---------so similar to Greg did---what a treasure---------------((((((((H)))))) sheila

• 3jaysmom

yep, in bed, both of us.. and not for
    GOOD reasons, alas.. ive got a staph infection, yet again.. and Mur has the flu!!! what a week this has been! good to "hear" you all here... hope all will go well with little bean, sas..

i am really lucky to be blessed with a loving, faithful, suppoerive husband, thats for sure............3jays

• sas-schatzi

3 Jays-------I'm observer by inclination and training-------I want the world to know what I observed about you and Murray, is a great love and caring.  Your care, respect, and consideration for each other was evident throughout our short visit with Chrissy. L&H's sheila

• sas-schatzi

TO ALL          OK went to Moffit today- There are 17 NIH cancer centers in the USA---Moffitt is one-----After contact with all their people------I was undecided-----then I remembered my proactive stance the last time with going for the elective BMX  which saved my life-------I then went------duh----what are you waiting for-----out it comes. ------------Now have to work on scheduling.
    At one point I said to the doc "I'm tired of cancer, I'm tired of talking about cancer, I'm tired of waking up in the morning worrying about cancer," Then I think the clincher was he said if I was 30 they would remove it , but at my age(61) they would wait till it was larger. I'm thinking bad words at this point In my mind . Then he starts talking about it negatively impacting someone's life. I say" Doc If I were to ask you on a date right now and then have to say -------well , I have this brain tumor that's being watch for cancer---what would you do" Clicked my fingers as the hand waved backwards and went PHFTT with my lips. He is a serious doc -------He leaned back and laughed.

He is also, the first doc that when asked this question which is important to my type of  brain tumor."Can you tell me that b/c it doesn't have a mass effect or edema that it's not producing estrogen and is not malignant-----His response was "No" Only doc that would commit to that statement. Give him great credit and respect for that.

I  said "I can't move on with my life till we know this is negative." One way or the other I have to tell the truth should I meet someone. Until a pathology report is in I can't do that."---------

Then on the way home, I got near a weepy spell , just  then I realized I was going to Ocala and not home--------took and extra hour , but gave me time to think and resolve. Bean is going to be history. I will add to that Bean will be history before I am.

Now I am amazed that I did not end up in a trauma unit b/c the expressway traffic is crazy. It's like Miami-------Everyone exceeds the speed limits by 20 to 40 miles per limit.Weaving in and out.

Chrissy will so get this b/c we went to Miami together-----------totally nuts

I'm going to C&P this to several threads. For all that have prayed thank you, for all that cared about what I was going to do with Bean, thank you, my resolve is strong without reservation, Sometimes a wrong turn can turn out right. L&H's Namaste sheila

• chrissyb

Oh Sheila, finally! Have you digested all of this yet? You know how I feel about it and I am so glad that finally it will be dealt with! Huge , I say HUGE sigh of relief for you. Let us know when and where when you have that information.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy. got your PM, ------it's 7 am here and I didn't eat last night so I'll ' come back and post after FOOD

• 3jaysmom

thanks for the observation, sas; Mur and i ARE a good fit, but years have gone into getting there, believe me! we're very different in personality, he's sooo much more relaxed than i am!!!

sent you a pm about little bean.........3jays

• sas-schatzi

Hey all, _____-Likely need to get one more MRI in Mar. for him to commit. -------But haven't seen his letter to MO yet. ----------So, spent last two days in bed--then went birdwatching today. Nothing unusual, but seemed like the counts were up. Coots way up, Green winged teals, herons about the same,Common pintails-------3 Bald Eagles. , A boar family, Alligators in areas not usually seen. Gorgeous day-----shorts weather-------sorry Fuzzy. Schatzi was entranced at watching wind surfers. What a hoot about that was , there were 3 guys and one gal. If you could have seen how the guys were showing off their jumps and flips etc.Each pulling up in front of her then, doing their stunts. It reminded me off the male birds do their mating dance for the females.

(((((((h)))))))))'s sheila

• sas-schatzi

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/6/topic/781867?page=1#post_2830873

Anyone interested I wrote a new topic thread on constipation------ah the things we share-sheila

• pupfoster1
    pupfoster1 Member Posts: 176

Hahaha, SAS, was just there!!! lol!  POOP ALERT!  Twas NOT a funny topic though during my tx that's for sure.  HORRIBLE constipation, felt like I was giving birth through my ass............

Sharon