Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Sharon -------------you should have posted this there too. If there's one place we can make puns along with the serious suggesstions this is it.LOL sheila

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy, you are likely here know --------for some reason some of the threads I was following fell off my board. you may want to distribute this to some of the threads you are on that I'm not.

It's not moving like the first nite this thread did-----do you remember that we did 14 pages the first night-------OMG ---------- we had a hell of a time keeping up.

I wasn't going to monitor constipation , but technical questions came up. then I added a line to the header re: puns. I had posted it on sites that I thought it would be useful. Then found out the link wasn't good . So, I went back and corrected and there are all these funny PUNS. Well duh If we can't make puns about poop on a poop site-------where can it be more appropriate. so I added a line in the header Puns are appropriate.  Sheila

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Sheila, I remember well!  It was a great night!  It seems that most people are sleeping well at the moment but I'm sure it will happen again.....lol.

I have been reading the 'poop' thread....lol....puns and all.....lol.......and I have a couple of thing I will add that work for me.  It has a lot of information in it and it was a great idea to start it.

I'll mention it on the threads I visit for you but I'll bet it will be visited by everyone in a ery short space of time.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy, I missed allot of the puns-----pooper. I tried to post on most threads that I've watched, but then noticed some were gone. Surprised. Guess I must weed out old threads that I had made favs, but subesequently didn't watch.

How are you feeling chickeedee?

It was so funny that first night here, it was like a chat room. AND none of us could type that fast.Allyson showed a Weta. I have another friend from NZ and he described that most men are afraid of the Weta. ----JOKE-------but it's like a grasshopper we have here that I haven't seen much in years. Ours though was quite colorful. The problem for me being from up north was the first one I saw , was squished. UGH. Checkinking other threads L&H's sheila

• chrissyb

I'm feeling okay......have the better days and the not so better days just like everyone else.....lol.  My hair is still falling out.....don't know why........and I'm getting to the stage that I sometimes wear my wig if I'm going somewhere special.  I can't believe how thin it is, it takes all of 2 minutes to dry with the hair dryer.........I guess I'll save on electricity if nothing else.....hahahahahaha!!!  Mind you, the shampoo seems to last a whole lot longer as well so yup, there's anothe saving!

Love n hugs.   Chrissy

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy, when I was bald , I had kept all my scarves ftom the 60-70's When I was at the BC center that gave use stuff-----------within a short time ---I went to from one helper to 4 and I kept doing things with scarves-----finally a person asked " Where did you learn how to do these things" my response was "The 60's" But we carried them into the 70's - early 80's.  AND many of the skull caps given at the cancer center had a central binder----typical to  __________ the swimmer...add a ribbon or scarf and turn it right or left. It was very cool. The Ladies that worked at the center------were alawys happy to see what I would do with the head garb.

chrissy I have sister sue's wigs...... do you want me to ask her if i can pass them along?

I loved the scarves b/c I knew what to do with them, others aaaaaaaare more coforgable in wigs

Give me a clue?

• chrissyb

Shiela I would love that if she wouldn't mind.  Having a few different ones makes a difference as it can keep people guessing.......lol.......I hear you with the scarves, I still have quite a few and I like to wear them but I find now I usually end up with a headache if I have one on for too long.  Maybe I tie them too tight but if I do them any looser they come off!

Thanks for the thought.  Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy to tight may be------I'll ask sister sue---------found the name I was looking fi Esther williams. The swimming beauty----thecap that the make for women his her cap, but they have never taught women to wear it with her style, --------------oh my

• chrissyb

Oh yes, I remember those caps!  They were great and they did bring some hats out based on that design, I had one!....lol.....it was hot pink and covered in flowers and I used to wear it with a lime green coat-dress and shoes that were dyed to match the hat...........it was my favourite outfit.....lol......and if I say so myself I looked pretty hot in it to......hahahahaha!  I must admit, when I was young, I had a heart shaped face that wore that style very well.

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy, they maaaake the cancer hats in her design, but no one taeches style. OH well finally getting tired. Take care of adrian L&H's

• fhar451
    fhar451 Member Posts: 13

Insomnia - I slept from 9:30 to 12:00 p.m. have been awake ever since. watched a movie about ice skating hoping that would put me to sleep. didn't happen. tried going to bed at 2:00 a.m. couldn't get comfortable, tossing and turning. took a pain pill, lower back pain, still no sleep. This is ridiculous. I have to go to work today. I will be a walking zombie.  

• sas-schatzi

Whoops it's 4: 20 here  Try Melaton. Talk to Chrissy B about it, Works for me now when I decide I want to sleep-------it was her suggestion

• chrissyb

Hi fhar, sorry you can't sleep but it seems that's the curse of a lot of people here.  Ah now the Melatonin that Sheila suggested is really good and works well for most people.  It is a natural substance produced in our brain but because of age and illness for some reason we quit making as much as we actually need.  You can safely take up to 20mg but most people find that 3mg is more than enough to do the trick.  There are two different types, the staight pill that will help solve the problem of falling asleep and the slow release if your problem is staying asleep.  I think over there it is available over the counter in most Pharmacies.  Good luck, I hope it helps.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• chrissyb

Sheila!  what are you doing up at this hour?!  Any news re the bean?

Love n hugs girl!  Chrissy

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy had this long missive to you and then  it was  gone

• sas-schatzi

Bean continues to be worked on ---------------errors again surfacing--------------Ugh, keep trying to make  correct stuff dx happening----------------long story--------------now sleep----------love you babe--------sheila

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369

Hey Chrissy (or anyone else) - are you out there? Woke up at 3:30 a.m.and couldn't fall back to sleep. Once I caught up on the 4 Words With Friends games I have going, I decided to peruse the boards for a while. I'm so far behind, there's no hope of catching up.

• momand2kids
    momand2kids Member Posts: 118

I usually sleep pretty well but I am now up. I often think I could write the great American novel between 5 and 7 am if I was just more organized!!!

• chrissyb

I'm still here girls if you are still awake.  I decided to watch a move with my DH tonight so have only just come to the threads.  I didn't sleep at all last night so I amd going to take a sleeping pill tonight to male sure that happens and as much as the Melatonin ususally works well for me I think the big guns are in order.  I'll be up for another hour or so if you are still around and want to chat.

Love n hugs girls!!!   Chrissy

• Hauntie

Hi Chrissy! I just put in a load of laundry and am wondering if I should go back to bed (because I think I could sleep now) or just tough it out and stay up.

• chrissyb

Go back to bed!  If can sleep it is the best thing to do.  The laundry will take care of itself until morning.

• sas-schatzi

HelHello  I'm here , Crissy you changed history.

There was guy  that wrote " On a a Americ1851" . HE WAS PART OF NAPLEONS GROUP. Left then and traveled America   He wanted to know about us.  He traveled as much as could be traveled and wrote what he could/ I so wish I could remember his name

He did what he wanted in a time, that really didn't allow free tougtht in EURPORE. l just went to wiki pededia found him

Alexis de Tocqueville

He was associated with Napoleon, But also quit him -------he toured America and came up with  the phrase " We are a through a way society" In 1851- Re: WHAT HE OBSERVED IN AMERICA: We casted away things b/c ve invented new  things etc **---my computer has a mind of ot's own right now.-------

• chrissyb

Sheila how did I change history?

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy dear one---Please, read about  Alexis de Tocqueville. You will see the difference between you and him. He looked for the negatives and positives about American life------------but that may not do him justice-----reading of his hole dissertation about America and then your dissertation about American could be quite fun. Plus, if you went about your wanderings and compare  them to ADT' at this stage of history------------------No one has done that. Could be a pain in the pattuy for you< But dearry could be a place in history.

For all of us, that you came to you were a change in history. Wouldn't  t be fun that a hundred plus years from now someone sat and compared your adventure of American life versus Alex de Tocqueville--------------you have the opportunity- Namaste sheila

• chrissyb

Shiela I thank you for the comparison but in no way did I change history....lol......maybe I gave some people the opportunity to look at life a little differently but that is not history.

I will look him up and read.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Hauntie

Chrissy

You may not have changed history, but you did change lives - mine was one of them. I felt a instant connection with you from our first postings on BCO, that I seldom feel with anyone. It grew even stronger when we finally met. You radiate warmth and acceptance. I know if I showed up on your doorstep tomorrow I'd be welcomed with open arms. A very good friend wants me to go to India with her this summer to meet her family - no can do. I'm saving my pennies for a trip
    to Australia! 

• chrissyb

Hauntie you are right when you say I would welcome you with open arms, my home is your home should you get here and I would love it if you could.

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy, you don't believe me Alexis de Toquville ----statement that has followed through history was that "We are trough away society" 1851 . Well what he didn't identify was that we were an inventive society. Make something >>>>make it better. What then to do you do with the old. Throw it away... What society has invented more things than we have. It also lead to competition of inventions between cultures.

I had to delete all that followed it was to influenced by the books I'm reading.

• sas-schatzi

MAJOR PRBLEM IN SOCIETIES WHERE WOMEN CAN BE RAPED WE WOULD HAVE TO TEACH SELF PROTECTION

• sas-schatzi

Was I on a rant or what---------Please this is supposed to be a talk in the night thing that is happy. I had a bad day lets say--------Also reading a series of books by George Martin, about mediviel times. The warring is constant, etc. So, that probably got me going.  So, far he has four books, I'm on the fourth. Each book has gotten more violent, but now I'm hooked on finding out how the good guys and women do. His language in this last book is quite different than the pervious three. If it was that way in the first two, I wouldn't have continued. Third, started to change, now----not happy. So, don't recommend the series for that reason, but I do need to know how Catelyn, Jon, Arya, Sansa, Sam,and the Direwolves all come out.