Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    Hey Chrissy I remember when this thread was my saviour but I've been doing pretty good lately so haven't been on in the middle of the night but when I logged on I saw you and thought I'd pop in and say hi, miss you girlyKiss
  • camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Chrissy---I do the same thing--around 9PM my eyes are so tired and my body is ready for sleep and I fight it as long as possible, but no matter what I do I still wake up during the night. But I do watch TV alot and try to watch comedies-it soothes me more so I have my night all scheduled for TV. LOL

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Hey Cheryl! Great to see you girl! I was telling my grandson and his girlfriend what a blast I had in LA with you. I still giggle over the pic with those two burly policemen. What a hoot! I finally worked out why number three seemed so shy........he was standing back in case this 60 yr old on a walking stick attacked!..........hahahaha! Miss you too.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164

Hahaha they were cute weren't they, you know every time I go down to the pier I think of you.  I'm going to head down to the beach later as we have spectacularly massive surf today at both the wedge and the pier so it's fun to watch those expert guys rides the waves, oh and I'll eat an ice cream in your honor - hey that's what friends are for!!!!

• chrissyb

Oooo that sounds like the perfect photo op.....lol. Icecream sounds good! Can't beat a good friend!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

HEY ALL---BACK TO LATE NIGHT OWL STUFF-----Chrissy what-up with the avatar?

Camille  keep checking in it takes awhile to catch folks here b/c they drop a note then go to their regular threads. Your update button should be at the top . It's two green arrows. Hit that and it updates the screen.Can be good.

Night

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997

Wow I fell asleep at 8:15 and awoke at 4: something.  Yeah, I saw morning, that makes me so HAPPY.  I really hope the sleep clinic can help me so I sleep regularly and can have a normal sleep wake schedule.  

Hugs to everyone here Ginger 

• camillegal

Ginger 8 HOURS OMG that a wow that a long span of sleep. I'm happy when I sleep 4 hrs.  at a time LOL

• sas-schatzi

Yoooo hoohh

• ananda8
    ananda8 Member Posts: 1,418

Helloooooo.  Smile

• chrissyb

Hi notself I'm around!

• camillegal

I'm around too--just woke up

• ananda8
    ananda8 Member Posts: 1,418

I fell asleep at 2:00am.  I'm retired and this insomnia is tough on me.  My great sympathy to those who have children and have to work regardless of sleep or no sleep.

• camillegal

Notself--I feel the same way--I don't know how the women who have kids (and so many do) Last nite I was lucky I slept almost 5 hrs. But usually I'm up alot during the nite. I'm also retired so I can nap whenever, but alot of the ladies work too I could never do that anymore--well maybe once a week.

• chrissyb

Hi Camille......feel like I'm talking to my DD as that is her name too....lol. I'm retired as well so can sleep whenever but lately I'm up all night and sleep through the day....... this is not a good habit so am trying to reset my body clock to do the right thing. On that note, it's bedtime for me. Nighty night all.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• Gingerbrew

I am going to the U of WA sleep lab today. Wish me luck. While I do not have insomnia, I do have this circadian thingy where my day is longer and I am sometimes up early, someimes going to sleep aerly it cycles around. 

I also have sleep terrors, poor husband gets the brunt of them.

I also move during dreams, not walking around but leaping out of bed onto my face. Really the worst symptom for me because I am afraid I am going to break my neck or worse.  

I will report back what they can do for me. I hope it isn't tying me to the bed!  

I am a little nervous.

Hugs Ginger

• Layla2525
    Layla2525 Member Posts: 465

I got up 3 times last night, I didnt know you were all up. Wow,so its not just me,everytime I look on these threads,I find I am not so totally not alone in all this junk I am going thru.

I had just gotten to where I could fall asleep without meds and sleep in a bed then I had my exchange surgery and my sleep patterns have been messed up and now keep waking up at 4am thinking I have to get showered and ready to be there for surg at 6am but the surg already took place and I got my gel implants. So disappointed,look like pancakes. 600 cc high profile Mentor gel.

Total anxiety over these,will they drop&fluff or should I call a psych dr and start preparing to deal with it for life!. What was even the point of reconstruction? why not just save the insurance the expense and draw a Target sign on my chest? If I pour pancake syrup on my chest,will it make it any better? Yes,I am still mad as a hornet that this happened to me. Yes,I still feel like a victim and talking about something that happened in 3rd grade is NOT gonna make it better Mr PHD,psych counselor person.

Wow,I am ok now. I take Tylenol PM sometimes,my fiance gave me some Ambien but I kept sleep walking and leaving microwave popcorn bags everywhere so I quit taking that.

• camillegal

GINGER u really are in a mess with u'r sleep--that has to be so difficult for u, cuz even while sleeping u'r using up a lot of energy--Please let us know exactly what's going on.

LAYLA  u really need sleep--LOL U had all that work done and now u'r unhappy with the results. Wow that's horrible so much to go thru. Is there something that can be done now or is this it?

I've been on this site more than once in the middle of the night but I see no activity so most of us are awake I know, tnen I think OK if I really get involved in the computer than I'll just stay up longer, but it makes no difference anymore--sleeping is horrible.

GINGER I know what u mean it's getting miserable this day, night stuff---If I could work I could work at nite now cuz I'm wide awake LOL I'm trying so hard to be awake during the day and I still only sleep about 3 hrs. I don't know what to do either and I take sleep meds too.

• sas-schatzi

HI all----know your problem only to well. It has improved with time. The biggest change for me was last year when ChrissyB suggested Melatonin. My dose had to be higher than what she recommeneded. Plus, I need to take it with either Ativan/lorazapam or Valium/diazepam. Clear usuage and ways of manipulating doses whith your doc. Have your doc declare what maximum top dose is the limit they want you to use. My PCP and I have that plan. Essentially, below the max of each drug , PCP's fine as to how I use them as long as I say within the plan. Don't take Vaium and Ativan at same time. I will try and find some suggestions on google. One of our biggest problems thoughis Tamox and AI's arimedex/femara/aromasin. The four drugs are notorious for insomnia. Many of the antidepressants are also troublemakers. So, even a standard google search may only help marginally, but even a smiddgen of help is better than nothing. 

Ginger--good luck with the sleep study. I hope it's your worst night ever. Sounds strange, but you want the study to be useful. Worst thing that can happen with this study is data comes up normal. Then you have nothing to work with.((((((((HUGS)))))))))sassy

• Gingerbrew

I now have a sleep study scheduled for early October.  They will be using extra electrodes on my head.  Then we will go forward from there. I saw the Doc for only alittle bit. He is cordial and easy to converse with. First I saw the Sleep Lab Fellow who must be new and is the worst interviewer ever. She wanted one word answers and would just forge ahead overtalking me. I will be letting the Doc know because I think it is very important that she get the best responses and she never will with her style. Baaaaad.    

I think the best example is that AS SOON AS iuSPOKE WITH THE dOC i REMEMBERED more because it wasn't yes or no.  

I hope this has some sort of positive outcome.

Love Ginger 

• camillegal

Ginger this is wonderful--u have to tell us  step by step what happens Oh wow--I'm hoping for super results--u will be our trial person-that's why u have to remember everything--OK what date r u going? Oct will come fast, not that far away.

• Gingerbrew

October 8th to the 9th.  I will try to give you a blow by blow but I am afraid I will forget some. I will try. :) 

After watching this film about sleep apnea I think my husband has a case of it himself. I will be stunned if I have it at all!  My DH says I do not snore or wheeze.

Night sleepy heads.

Ginger 

• camillegal

Put it in u'r head---remember, remember, remember--there my sugestion is in u'r brain now it's kind of like being hypnotized.

• Lettiegonz
    Lettiegonz Member Posts: 5

Hi ladies , I am having problem sleeping also. I am on radiation treadment , was wondering if that had anything to do with my sleeping problem ? Every night I end up falling asleep around 2 or 3 in the morning, then wake up at eight. I don't know what to do. I get so fraustrated :-(. I have tolded my doc. But don't want to give me any thing. I wish that as soon as my head hit the pillow I fall asleep. But I have been like this over 2 months. Thanks for the thread

• Cindi74
    Cindi74 Member Posts: 69

Dear Lettie,  I find that if I sleep with earphones on listening to classical music or Garrison Kieler Lake Wobegon pod cast (download free) or audiobooks,  (My favorites now 1000 YEARS OF LAUGHTER,  or A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE WHITE HOUSE), that I eventually go to sleep (I heard 1000 years all the way through before I was awake past the medieval period) and more important, that the sleep is deep and restful.  I think the listenting stuff keeps my mind off the bad stuff.  Anything connected with cancer is BAD STUFF.

Went to sleep during the convention last night and didn't turn on the headphones, soooo 3:30 and here I am. 

• chrissyb

Hi girls if you are having trouble with sleep Melatonin does help. I know it's available at Wallmart and it's not expensive. There are two types slow release and normal. You can safely take at least 20mg but usually as little as two or three mg is enough to put you to sleep and keep you there

It is a natural thing that is usually produced in the brain so not harmful. I have been using it for years.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• Cindi74
    Cindi74 Member Posts: 69

So who wants to sleep.  I just read all the threads on here, play card games on line (Spades anyone), and catch up on e-mail, pay bills, and wait for the better half to wake up.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Lettie. have you tried taking melatonin? It is the same substance our own bodies make to help us sleep.  you can find it in over-the-counter sections of any pharmacy.  It comes in several strengths from 1.5 to 10 mg.  I use the 1.5, 1 or 2 tablets.  A lot of women on these boards swear by it.  Works for me.

• Gingerbrew

Okay Cammi, I am Hip No Tizzzzed. 

About sleep, is it possible that the computer screen keeps you awake because it is bright?  I have wondered about that lately. I know reading an engrossing exciting book will keep me up because I want to know what is coming next.   So reading a book that isn't exciting should help right? I think I would rather never sleep than intentionally reading a boring book. I would rather watch a fishing show on TV than read a boring book. 

Ginger    Now what was it that I was supposed to remember?  

• camillegal

GINGER---I forgot so I had to go back in this post to see what I said.  JELLO BRAIN--that's what I'm calling it. And i'll read this and forget what I said anyway. U know the hampster on the wheel thing.

Lettie---Try what Chrissy told u it's over the counter, Personally I take meds to try to sleep and they don't work all the time, Believe me I never believed in meds like all this, I never even took aspirin now whatever, it might be tie to give in and take something. U'r body needs sleep the proper way. It's kind of normal not sleeping well as u can see.