Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Options

Comments

• mcbaker
    mcbaker Member Posts: 1,803
    Options

I slept whenever sleepy today. I just got a phone call, and was angry at someone calling at 5:30 AM. Thank you, feline.

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    Options

Yep, with you there. 5.30 am is for emergencies only.

• mcbaker
    mcbaker Member Posts: 1,803
    Options

the trick to it was I had not slept the night through, it was dark at 5:30 pm. 😂

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931
    Options

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,440
    Options

imageimage

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Just had a “palm meet face”moment here. Thought my turkey didn't have a pop-up timer. While basting it a few minutes ago, I found it!

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Took Grace to the vet today. She had to get her second round of shots. As the vet tried giving her the shot that goes in the hip, she bit me. The vet had to try again and on the second try he got the shot in. She just flinched on the second one. Vet says she is very healthy at 12 weeks. She already weighs 4 lbs.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,880
    Options

Mommy, Cat bites are notorious for getting infected. If you see any redness or swelling around it, get to the doctor fast for antibiotics. If you start early enough they don't have to be IV.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Luckily it didn’t break skin as she still has her baby teeth. She got the knuckle area on the side of my finger

• wren44
    Options

Ouch. But wonderful that she didn't break the skin.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Yeah, where she tried to do damage hurt until this morning. Was worried about her as she didn't want to want to eat this morning. All she wanted to do since yesterday was sleep. So when I got home from getting my hair done and stopping by a family friend's house and picking up Jackson from the groomer, I attempted to see if she was hungry and to my surprise she proceeded to chow down.

• feelingfeline
    Options

M0mmy when Elliott had his 2nd vaccinations in spring he spent the whole day in his bed sleeping, not eating, looking miserable. Right as rain the next day thank God.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Yep. She back getting into everything and being demanding about getting her food immediately when she is hungry!

• susan3
    susan3 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options

Hi owlettes,

I am susan3's daughter and am suffering from insomnia these days. Then I remembered her telling me fondly of her night owl friends so I found you to update you.

Things have been happening really quickly. She's in inpatient hospice now and finally starting to get a little pain relief. Not eating or drinking much so we can guess where this is going.

Thanks for being her community here. You've been a true blessing and you are all so inspiring, strong, loving, and funny!! Humor is a gift. Know you are loved!

• feelingfeline
    Options

Susn3's daughter, thank you for letting us know and I hope Susan3 is as peaceful and comfortable as possible, it is very good to know she will have round the clock care. Will pray for her. I know she is a loving grandma and that she knows she is loved. XXX Susanna in Ireland

• m0mmyof3
    Options

To susan3’s daughter, my prayers are with you and your family.

• wren44
    Options

Susan's Daughter, Thank you for sending the update. She was a very sunny presence here and beloved. Best wishes for her and the rest of the family.

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    Options

Susan’s Daughter, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your mom. I will be holding her and the family in my prayers. Gentle hugs to all of you.

• queenmomcat
    queenmomcat Member Posts: 2,020
    Options

Susan3's daughter: another thank you SO much from another Owlette; yesterday I was wondering how she was doing. I'm the one who lives in SW Michigan, who made her a giant plate of 'normal' spaghetti (hamburger and tomato sauce) a couple of years ago, and I do remember with fondness the few meals we had together. Tell her if she's up for it) JJQueenmomcat raises a fork in her honor, and my hair still isn't lying down!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

Sorry folks, Phyliss Graham is in hospice, Pd Graham. Most here on this thread don't remember her. Prayers please,

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    Options

Keeping Phyliss in my prayers. My fondest memories are her stories of sitting on her porch with a paint gun. Thank you Sas for letting us know. Hope you are well

• wren44
    Options

Thanks for letting us know. I really loved reading her posts. I know she did everything she could to beat this beast. Blessings to her.

• sas-schatzi
    Options

I'm going to do something I haven't done before, anyone who pm's me I will give you the number. As any of us that have gone through this long term, our close friends are few. So if you would like to talk to her, PM and I will give you the number.

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    Options

Dear God, how many treatments has our Phyllodough endured. I am just broken. We lost Mags and now our Phyllis in Hospice. When will they find a cure for this beast that is taking our brightest and best.im so sad tonight

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Susan3 daughter Claire. so sweet of you to contact us. Give her our love. She fought so hard. She always joked that her doc had something new in his trick bag. She was so excited about the babies. She was so happy that you and your husband were in driving distance when he got his residency. Many, many hugs and prayers

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Owlettes hello

Beatmom, hugs, I sent you the number.

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    Options

Dear susan3's daughter,

Thank you for updating us on Susan. I'm so glad that she is getting pain relief. Hospice people have been so helpful to my family, and I hope that they will be for your mom and your family. 

I will keep you and your mom and your family in my prayers.  

Mominator / Madelyn 

• sas-schatzi
    Options

I talked with Phyliss again this morning. She's cheerful. Eating well. Laughing. Thinking is hard for her, but her brain is working, just hard trying to express herself.

• feelingfeline
    Options

I remember Phyliss for her incredible wit on these boards. I am sure that her humour must be still intact, even if she can't express it, and it will be a gift to her always to have humour.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

That's good.

I am a meanie auntietoday. My younger nephew is an Ohio State fan and when I heard that their football coach is retiring after the Rose Bowl, I had to play “Play Pokethe Bear" with him. I posted a little message for him and then a picture message from the old game show “Weakest Link"