Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Options

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

Phyliss has the greatest sense of humor. It's wonderful that she is still laughing. She has the sweetest nursing assistant named Mary. I was on speaker both time and heard how Mary and Phyliss interacted. As an old nurse, it was respectctful and loving. That made my heart feel good. Mary is one of those people that as an old nurse, I loved having by my side as a team mate. You could trust their care and kindness.

But now back to an old thought, I recommended in the past to have a second contact number for each other. With Mags and Phyliss had I not had back up numbers I would not have been able to contact them. Both had been moved to hospice and weren't making calls. Mags was more towards the end. Phyliss is still cognizant and talking, but let's just say not making outgoing calls. 

Many on BCO want anonymity. I want contact, it's a need. I want the friendship that can be so much fun by the phone. Direct human contact is the best, but for those of us essentenially(sic) homebound the phone can be great.

Please, consider, making phone contact and ask for a back up number to reach them. 

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Back with a thunder. The post below will be made into a post on some forum. I am shocked. Completely. I hope others are as offended as I am. If MammaRay's thread hasn't been wiped out I will apologize. 

Message sent to Mods:
    I went to look at MammaRay's memory thread. Last person to post was Joanne58. The thread links back to the main forum thread. Did it multiple times. So, either there is a glitch or you have interfered somehow with MammaRay's memory.....thread 
    Wiping out the community's memory of a memory thread wouldn't seem to be part of the TOS. Nor under the control of any outside person. This is the record from the forum thread

Joanne58
    replied to topic
    Prayers for MammaRay
    on Nov 11, 2018 04:11AM
    (134
    total posts)

In forum:
    Prayers and Spiritual Inspiration .

Since the husband was against her memory here. I object that he had a right to asked for it's removal, if that is what has occurred. Without her written permission, her thread should not have been deleted by anyone.

WHICH raises a very serious question, that needs to be addressed at the highest levels of the organization. Who besides myself can ask for my posts to be wiped out----or my memorial thread. 

Have a nice day. I will create a thread somewhere for discussion Thank you, sassy"

Thread created here

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/135/topics/868700?page=1#idx_1

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,440
    Options

Had to re-record the funeral of Pres. Bush for hubby because he had to work today and he was going to miss it otherwise. My DVR glitched on the last attempt and I only got portions of it. I shed a few tears while watching it.

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Sorry, Mommy, you missed getting the recording. I dislike when these machines don't do what we want. 

Junie  Queenie, Wren :) waving

Loverly???

Beatmom and I are  calling Phyllis. She was cheerful this morning. Sandy her BFF and her son Dale visit.  ….. I left a message for Susan on her husbands cell phone. 

• Loveroflife
    Loveroflife Member Posts: 4,243
    Options

Loverly? I am looking for her too.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

The second attempt at recording worked, got it all! Was very moving and beautifully done

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931
    Options

sending all the love to Susan and Phyllis and their families. 2 wonderful ladies that are departing all too soon.

Sas- I cannot believe that thread was deleted!

• sas-schatzi
    Options

JWoo, I agree, over the years I have kept memory threads so I can visit. It can be comforting to visit.  Perhaps I'll contact Joanne and ask what happened. Not sure if it matters why it happened. It can't be undone. But sure would like to get this hashed out so it doesn't happen in the future. Now I understand the complete anonymity idea. 

Love your avatar

I'll be calling Phyliss in a few, I will send your regards.

• Loveroflife
    Options

Ladies, I got a message from Susan's daughter early this morning. I am very sad to say that Susan has left this world. Great loss.

Susan, it was a privilege to know you my other goofy friend. I am glad and happy that we were able to meet you and your precious girls. You behave yourself up there, you hear? I will miss you. Until we meet again.....

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,880
    Options

She was a bright light here and will be where she has gone. Love to her family and friends who will miss her terribly.

• queenmomcat
    queenmomcat Member Posts: 2,020
    Options

My condolences to Susan3's family for their loss. (I'll raise a fork of 'normal' spaghetti in her memory tonight.)

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    Options

Our dear Susan went so fast. She was just thinking of quitting work at the end of October. 

Sending my deepest condolences and many prayers to Susan and her family. 

• junieb
    junieb Member Posts: 945
    Options

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear of Susan3's passing. She was a bright spirit here. My condolences to her family!

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Sorry to hear of her passing. Love and kind thoughts to her family.

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    Options

Another dear sister gone too soon. Rest In Peace Susan. Love and prayers to her family. She will be missed.

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931
    Options

Rest well, Susan.

She was so sweet and helped me through many tough episodes.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Had an appointment with the dentist for a filling. Face is just now feeling normal

• Pawprint
    Pawprint Member Posts: 354
    Options

so sad to hear about Susan 😢 my heart goes out to her family and friends.

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Sorry to the family of Susan.  She was an amazing person. She held on for years. Her family may or may have not know how many years. She endured chemo for years beyond the normal. Her MO as she would describe always had something in his trick bag. Her several things she wanted to--------see-------her daughters marriage-----------the birth of her grandchild------being involved with the grandchild...…... Which happened b/c they were in driving distance Then it all happened. 

Sorry Susan, Thank you for being in my life. "Know  that I Am"...………………….

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Phyliis is declining, Pray for her  She is not getting any support from family or friends, I am shocked. I did several requests. , they are working on it. 

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Hi Pawprint , sorry to see you here b/c Susan is gone.  Glad to know you are here.

• Loveroflife
    Options

Ms. Sas, I am very sorry to hear about the decline and the lack of support....very cruel.

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    Options

May Susan be happy forever in Paradise.

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    Options

Hello Sas and all insomniacs

I sent a pretty Arrangement to be delivered to our Phyliss this morning. Signed the card

Love Brenda, Sas and the Owlettes

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,880
    Options

Thank you so much Beatmon. I'm feeling really sad about and for Phyliss.

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    Options

Sas, were you able to talk to Phyllis today? I just called and the nurse took the phone in but she didn’t respond any other than an “umm”. The nurse said she had been restless or resting .....I couldn’t quite hear what she said because we were on speaker. ( The nurse did say our flowers had arrived and were very pretty). Heartbreakng

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    Options

Beatmon, thank you. No act of kindness is ever wasted. Phyliss will know. XXX

• Loveroflife
    Options

Beatmon, thank you for your kindness. So true what Feline said.

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Hellloooooooooooooo, Phyliss got the flowers yesterday while Sandy was visiting. She wasn't able to talk later b/c they had just given her morphine meds. 

Talked with her a bit ago today. She's not able to talk, but can nod her head yes and no. She smiled at a couple of corny jokes. DS is visiting YAY

I had asked the other day for a minister to visit, they have been in. I asked for someone to sit with her, and they are 24/7

As an FYI, I technically had no right to ask for either, I'm not her surrogate Sandy is. BUT what the heck I asked. They did both. Technically, had no right to be asked to be put on the chart to be called, but they did. So, I guess in a same or similar circumstance....ask.... the least they can say is no.to any request.

Feeling much better about the situation. Her staff is very attentative and kind, watching closely as to when she needs meds. Plus, now she has someone at the bedside. That's important for those moments she wakes.. Just to see someone or maybe something as simple as water that she can't reach.

She and I never really talked religion much, but it bothered me that she may have not been baptized and what her wishes were if she wasn't.   I asked tonight, and she has been baptized. Took a great worry away. Some won't understand, others will.

Talked with Beatmom and thanked her for the flowers. We both are going to have a couple of corny jokes for her, when we call.
    Corny joke from the other day still using it. "Your like dandruff, I can't get you out of my head"  2nd corny joke. What's the difference between God and doctors?...……..God doesn't like to play doctor.

Each call is finished with prayer.

Hugs

• sas-schatzi
    Options

LOverly, will call soon, thanks for the thought :)