Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Options

Comments

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931
    Options

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    Options

Took a much needed break. Made some resolutions for this year that I am sticking too and to heck with those that get mad at me for it.

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    Options

ThumbsUp

• MaddieBrie1
    MaddieBrie1 Member Posts: 112
    Options

Taco #2 on Friday, been up since 2 or 3 am. The IV Benadryl has finally worn off and now I can't sleep. Did some Amazon shopping (but will review again later before pressing that "order now"), caught up on all my fav boards, snuggled w the puppers, lint rollered my pillow, drank 2 bottles of water, ate some chocolate covered hazel nuts..... Now staring at the ceiling fan wondering which pillow case I'm going to sacrifice to clean the dust off those fan blades and how much mess I'm going to need to clean off the bed after I clean those blades. Considering watching some YouTube videos but don't want to disturb the sleeping pup w the sounds.... Too late to take a pill form of benadryl and the coffee pot will be brewing for the hubs in another half hour.

My smart phones so smart it autocorrects Taxol to taco. I like that much better..... MB1

• feelingfeline
    Options

Ha that is so funny about the Taco, yes it would be much nicer! SmileNow what can you cover your bed with? And do you really have to sacrifice a pillow case? We don't have ceiling fans in Ireland, but we do have dust, and plenty of it! Scared Pup sounds nice! XXX

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,876
    Options

Put a shower curtain or plastic tablecloth over the bed. They make a long-handled brush that cleans both sides of the fan at once. You could add one to your Amazon order.

I grew up in Okla which is called the dust bowl for a reason. I hated dusting as a kid. Mom had dark Duncan Phyfe dining table, chairs and sideboard. It could be dusted twice a day. Mom complained that DD wasn't dusting the tops of the picture frames. It never occurred to me to dust those. I couldn't see them so it never crossed my mind.

• feelingfeline
    Options

You know that bad thing when the sun shines through the house ...when you can suddenly SEE all the dust?

• Loveroflife
    Loveroflife Member Posts: 4,243
    Options

Shocked Dust makes me anxious.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Yep to the dust. my house seems to collect it Big Time! Was folding laundry this morning and my hubby was commenting on the dust that was coming off the laundry! Said it looked like the snow that we usually have had here by now! lol

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378
    Options

We have very active spiders so I not only see the dust in sun beams, I see many creepy spiderwebs that bloom overnight....

• feelingfeline
    Options

OOOOOH NOOOOOH Shocked

• wren44
    Options

We get daddy long-legs webs. They are harmless and most of the webs are at the ceiling or just below. Occasionally I vacuum the ceiling and corners and that gets rid of them. You can't really see them until they get dirty.

• queenmomcat
    queenmomcat Member Posts: 2,020
    Options

I gotta remember to bring tissues or a handkerchief or something when I see La Boheme. My eyes started leaking around about the second half of the third act. Must be allergic to something in the theater. (This was the Lyric's production, in Chicago.)

• MaddieBrie1
    MaddieBrie1 Member Posts: 112
    Options

Good call on the shower curtain or plastic table cloth to cover the bed while doing the fan blades - I hadn't thought of either of those!

Not insomnia tonight, the Tylenol and benadryl just haven't kicked in yet..... My back and neck are killing me from shoveling snow - we had about a foot here in MD since Saturday.... I didn't even do that much of it - maybe 50 min total with about a 6 htr break in between. Also my L arm is heated and warm and I'm really really hoping it isn't the first sign of lymphedema.....

Best rest and dreams! MB1

• feelingfeline
    Options

SadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSad

Queenmoncat (obviously allergic to having a heart) ThumbsUp

• mcbaker
    mcbaker Member Posts: 1,799
    Options

I did a bit of housecleaning yesterday. It tired me out so much that I went to bed at 6:30 PM. I think I will go back to bed so I can have enough energy to do some more. A messy house can be depressing. I am on the list to get some volunteer housecleaning help, maybe once a month, but for now I can keep it just above the depressing level. Then I have a quilt-binding to finish for the club meeting on Wednesday.

• queenmomcat
    queenmomcat Member Posts: 2,020
    Options

FeelingFeline: yes, that scene. So tease me as a Grinch already. (Yes, I was crying. And I noticed more than a few sniffles and gulps around me.)

• celiac
    celiac Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

Anyone remember the scene in Moonstruck, where Cher's eyes are overflowing with tears while watching La Boheme at the Met? It is my favorite opera!

• feelingfeline
    Options

Yup! Nerdy

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Preparing to get slapped hard with that winter storm coming east. Watching the news to see if anything has changed.

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931
    Options

Hope everyone is staying warm!

hootiehooo

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618
    Options

hi all, I forgot that I posted while waiting at Honolulu. So...... we got delayed 2 hours. Got into Sydney about 9;30, 1 am Hawaii time. We had fun, dh spent 3 days with a friend In Brisbane but came back with a cold, which he gave to our son. I got a tooth infection while we were there. I now have a dentist in Australia! I got bit by something almost every night while there. Mosquitoes or something. Don’t think it was ever spiders. Always had to check for them ever night when going to bed. Only had 2 this time.

So went to a new dentist today (mine is on vacation for 3 weeks). I need a root canal on the bad tooth. So that will happen the end of the month.

Anybody know if Sas is a grandma now

• feelingfeline
    Options

OOOH Smaarty, spiders and root canals ShockedShockedShocked

Nice to see you back NerdyNerdyNerdy XXX

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Well all the snow and ice we got from that winter storm is gone.

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    Options

Logged on today and see no entries for 3 weeks. Is everyone tired of how bc.org is going these days or what? Too sad we’ve lost too many of our ladies keeping us away?

I’m pretty much a mixture of both of the above. It saddens me because this has always been so helpful

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,510
    Options

Beatmom - I read this thread on occasion, but don't post. Thee is one thread that I am active on, but I will always come visit co. Stay well.

• Loveroflife
    Loveroflife Member Posts: 4,243
    Options

Beatmon, for me it's also a mixture of both.

• wren44
    Options

I'm mostly on the older woman thread.

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378
    Options

I always check-in but I don't post often.

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

I’m like Wren mostly on the radiation and older women threads but the fact is a lot of my BC sisterson those threads don’t post as often either.

Diane