Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Options

Comments

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    Options

So sick of the heat and humidity. Supposed to have triple digit heat indexes this weekend

• Fairydragonfly
    Fairydragonfly Member Posts: 132
    Options

I am developing a love/hate relationship with steroids. LOVE that they give me energy and oddly improve my mood. HATE that I become the worst insomniac on them. Last round my prescription sleeping pill helped. Not working tonight...

Joys of chemo I guess.

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931
    Options

i was so productive while on all those stupid steroids. I'll say to enjoy the energy while you have it. Organize your pantry, do all the tedious cleaning, work any household projects you can without injuring yourself, and drink about a gallon of water a day to prevent dehydration.

While life is amazing and you appreciate it in a whole new way after you finish treatment, you will probably have serious fatigue for a long time, and so much becomes difficult to do.

I hope your treatment is completely effective, and you're on the way to wellness

• Fairydragonfly
    Fairydragonfly Member Posts: 132
    Options

Thank you Jwoo. I know I will crash Sunday/Monday after the pills stop. Just would be nice to get more sleep. 🤷

• WC3
    WC3 Member Posts: 658
    Options

Well I don't know if they gave me steroids during my port removal or if it was the tea I had earlier or the fact that it's warm, or my pain meds have worn off, but I've been sleepy all day, was in bed by 8pm, and almost 6 hours later, I'm still awake.

So I've got the AC on and took two Tylenol which literally just kicked in, and will try some melatonin but I think my plans for a productive Wednesday have been canceled.

• SgCMomof3
    SgCMomof3 Member Posts: 1
    Options

I have never experienced insomnia....thank you Cancer! ThumbsDown I take Effexor and that cures my hot flashes. I agree with those above who lament about the fact that we need rest to recover....and yet the meds (I assume) keep me awake. This is ridiculous.

I’m struggling with most of my side effects right now: fatigue, weight issues, hunger, weakness, neuropathy, and the list goes on. I signed up on this site to find support, understanding, and a safe place. Thank you.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Keeping an eye on Dorian especially since it is now a Cat 5 as of the 8 a.m. advisory. Have friends and family in the path I am praying for on the coast all the way from FL to NC

• celiac
    celiac Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

Mommy - Me, too. Family in Ft Lauderdale & Charleston area.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Looking like my friends in NC & SCare more in the path of Dorian than my friends in FL or family in GA.

• sugarplum
    sugarplum Member Posts: 71
    Options

Just revisiting this thread which I have lurked on for many years and mnsotamom74 spoke to me! I too find it heartbreaking that after 35 years of marriage my husband has taken to sleeping in the den to avoid disturbing my already-disturbed sleep. He's right though - if we share a bed I can pretty much write off the night and always end up dragging myself to work in the morning. One of my greatest comforts used to be having him hold me until he fell asleep (of course he's never heard ME fall asleep!) but I guess that's a thing of the past now. I've never been good at sleeping, but ever since chemo 13 years ago I haven't been able to stay under for longer than a couple of hours. I allow myself one Ambien per week (but after all this time, it takes MUCH longer to kick in) and .5 mg of Ativan 2-3 times per week. I find myself looking forward to those nights like they're a gift. Meanwhile I could carry groceries in the bags under my eyes and I have zero resistance to any bugs going around. And let's not even START on my lack of concentration....

Thanks for letting me vent - I needed it.

Julie

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,510
    Options

Julie - I too am at 13 years and don't sleep more than 5 hours and that is with Xanax - and sometimes Ambien. I was taking Ambien on a regular basis but haven't noticed a decline in my sleep without it so why take it. Without the Xanax, I also rarely sleep. I've had insomnia since Dx but it is better now than it used to be. BC - the gift that keeps on giving!! Hope you get some sleep.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

So sad

• jwoo
    Options

so sorry to hear that Lita is gone.

• jack-bear
    jack-bear Member Posts: 169
    Options
    Is it the wee hours of the night & someone is awake?
  • jack-bear
    Options
    I had my 6 mo Mammogram & US less than 1 month ago. I told the technician that I was concerned because it seemed like I had a bump in my left breast & my maybe breast tail. Perhaps Swollen lymph nodes?? She imaged the mound of fat between my armpit & breast. She showed me part of the image. Tapioca pudding there were so many little round images,

I was checking today & that area Hurts when examined. My breasts have always felt bumpy I guess it is the 'dense breast'. I still think I feel bumps larger than the usual tapioca.

I think I'm already labeled a hypochondriac. I suppose I should wait? Maybe another 5 months???

NancyB
  • m0mmyof3
    Options

It’s early morning here on the East Coas

• jack-bear
    Options

It is 1:45AM here in HI
  • m0mmyof3
    Options

about 8 a.m. here in Conn

• jack-bear
    Options
    I think it is time to stop trying to decide if I should waste my breathe trying to explain what I feel in my breast to any medical person. It is a waste to worry.
  • m0mmyof3
    Options

No. I would let them know how you feel.

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    Options

Jack-Bear, you need to find someone who will listen! Don’t let them brush you off. You know your body waaaayyyy more than they do and you listen to what it tells you.

• jack-bear
    Options

Thank you, M0mmy & Kath.

I will try with my new Female PA@ Gyn office. I will call the Mainland & ask for my older Mammogram results to be sent here. I've only been in Hawaii 4.5 years, so as you guessed, there are lots they don't have.

Thanks for the support,
    NancyB
  • m0mmyof3
    Options

You are very welcome! You are not wrong in any way for wanting to make your doctor aware of how you feel. I have had to do this and it feels good to do so.

This weekend didn’t get off to a good start. Hubby is sick with a cold. He got it from people at work who are sick.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Turkey Day prep is underway. Got the turkey breast de-thawing in fridge.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

• jwoo
    Options

wishing y'all a wonderful Thanksgiving! image

• m0mmyof3
    Options

imageimage

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    Options

Wow, this thread got quiet.

Does anyone know why sas-schatzi isn't posting anymore?

She was last seen and last posted Apr 6, 2019.

Is sassy OK?

Mominator

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Been quiet myself lately.

Here’s a bit of fun for us image

• farmerlucy
    farmerlucy Member Posts: 596
    Options

Well this is my first post on this thread. Just looking to commune with my BC peeps. The anxiety over CV is really getting to me. Anyone else?