Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Options

Comments

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    Options

Not panicking. Just going about my life. Hubby has to work from home because the college he works at is closed for who knows how long. Hoping by May he will be back at his normal routine.

• farmerlucy
    farmerlucy Member Posts: 596
    Options

I feel like it has already been through Oklahoma. Many of us have been unusually sick lately w covid 19 symptoms but testing is just now becoming available. My daughter, who turns 30 tomorrow, is an ER nurse. They had their first patient w CV a couple days ago. I’m mostly concerned about the economic fallout, especially for those service industry workers who may already be living paycheck to paycheck.

• celiac
    celiac Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

Hubby and I are both retired, so no problems with work. Bummer on both a mental & physical level is not being able to go to classes I have become to depend upon (Zumba, weekly sessions with personal trainer & treadmill at gym, Line Dancing, Silver Sneakers Fitness, Yoga, Pilates, Tai Chi and Meditation). All cancelled due to various closures. Economic fallout is a big concern - wish they could just suspend stock market trading. Daughter lives in NYC & had to quit her job as a server/food preparer on 3/8 due to paychecks bouncing. As a theatre grad & with the COVID situation, she stands little chance of finding work in the near future. Brother is an EMT & Sister-in-law is a PA, so concerns about them & all other healthcare workers, like farnerlucy's daughter. We are in N.KY & so far cases are pretty far away from us in KY, but Ohio (only 10 miles North) cases seem to be growing faster. Scary times. Everyone stay safe.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

So far it looks like my hubby’s normal routine might get back on track well before May. Praying this is true, as I am going bats already. I’m so used to him being gone during the day and doing what needs to be done while he’s gone.

• farmerlucy
    farmerlucy Member Posts: 596
    Options

Well our town closed all dining rooms, gyms, theaters until April 6. This doesn’t disrupt my day much since I generally putter at our hobby farm by myself with my critters.

I’ve got a couple extra beagles this week. They were our fosters last summer and they’re back for Spring Break. They are darling little puppy mill mamas, dumped, who had terrible hernias and were heartworm positive. What was supposed to be a few day foster turned into several months because they had to clear the heartworms. They are great now. One has heart issues from the worms. They found a wonderful home together. image

• m0mmyof3
    Options

That one sticking its tongue out is cute!

• m0mmyof3
    Options

This crisis going on has been making stir crazy with not being able to go out much since hubby has to work from home. My friends over at FB know how this is taking a toll on m so they have been posting stuff there to keep me sane and laughing!

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,510
    Options

I'm on extended spring break (2 weeks early). As of now, we are supposed to go back on April 6th, but I'm guessing that will change.

Its great for me to have the extra time as my DH had quintuple bypass surgery on the 11th. He came home on Monday after a week in the hospital. He was admitted 2 days before surgery due to an unstable blood clot on the "widow maker" and 95% blockage on all the arteries. Cardiac immediately admitted Craig was admitted to the hospital and started on IV Heparin trip. The surgeon they cariologist was at a different hospital, so on the day before surgery they transferred him by ambulance to the other hospital on Tuesday afternoon. The unexpected school closure is giving me 3 weeks to be with DH. I was off all last week and had planned to take this week off. My oldest daughter was going to come in next week but with all the Covid-19 that has been cancelled. For now, we are happy to be hunkered down at home. He is allowed to go for walks outside with me. I'll also go to the grocery store as needed, but not making any extra trip. Lots of stuff I can do in the house. Doctors are really pleased with DH's progress, but he'll be off work for at least 4 - 6 weeks.

Everyone stay safe. Karen

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Hubby’s college is closed for the rest of the semester! Please May hurry up and get here!

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931
    Options

Hope everyone is doing well and staying sane.
    This thread has gotten so quiet, it's weird!
    just wanted to stop by and say

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Well things are better a bit here, praying things keep improving.

• Loveroflife
    Loveroflife Member Posts: 4,243
    Options

Hello. Not sure if the ladies who used to frequent here still read posts from this thread. Sad to report the Shepkitty won't be with us much longer. Went into hospice recently. I am beyond grateful (thank you Ms. Sheila) that I was able to say my good bye and tell her how much I love her and that it’s ok to let go. She is my sister from another mother with the same Heavenly Father, the one person who gets my weird sense of humor. For those who pray, if you are reading this, please pray for her and her family. Sherry is surrounded by her mother, her dear Uncle and Auntie, and her husband and son. Thank you.

• Loveroflife
    Options

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    Options

Lover, thank you for passing on this information. I was just thinking of her the other. I will add her to my list of those I pray for.

I was also thinking of you and Sas. Hope all is well with you and your family. How are your girls doing?

Miss this thread. Hope all are safe.

• Loveroflife
    Options

Our last visit in January. I love her Irish porcelain skin and beautiful smile. I miss you my Sis. Love you forever. Until we meet again....

• Loveroflife
    Options

Oh Kath, so good to “see” you. How are you doing? How are your kids? My older is not doing well with the shelter in place. My confident bubbly child needs to be around people. She has developed depression since March. Currently seeing a counselor. My younger one is a home body like me. So far she is ok. I thank God that she is still able to swim and able to socialize from a distance with her friends on the team. So many people are affected mentally by this pandemic. Hubby was down for awhile too until his work was considered essential. I have been hiding from BCO after Susan and Mags passed away. Too sad and painful.
    Thank you for praying for Sherry and her family.

• jwoo
    Options

lover-

I am so sorry to hear this news.

Wishing her a painless passing, and peace for her loved ones.

• Loveroflife
    Options

Jwoo, thank you for your kind words. When I spoke to her mom today, she mentioned that they are trying to keep Shep comfortable. She has been sleeping most of the time. I did not expect her to respond to me when her mom put her on the phone, but she did. Very few words spoken. Can’t believe she was worried about me being sad. Told her it’s ok to let go. Selfless friend.

• Loveroflife
    Options

My sweet Friend has transitioned. Heart is broken, but at the same time is grateful that she is no longer suffering. May she rest in eternal peace where there is no more pain and suffering.

I love you my Friend. I will miss your many silly stories, humor, and giggles. Until we meet again, behave yourself. Give Susan, Mags, Patty, and our other friends who have gone before us a hug for me.

• Loveroflife
    Options

💔

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    Options

RIP dear Shep. You fought a gallant fight. You will be missed by man. Praying for strength for your family. 💔💔

• jwoo
    Options

Safe journey, Shepkitty. ❤️ Say hello to all our wonderful Insomniacs.

I'm so sorry, Lover.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Oh man! I’ll pray for her and her family.

• celiac
    celiac Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

Lover - So sorry to hear of ShepKitty's passing. I remember PM'g her and hoping to visit her one day. Not sure if the Susan who passed was the one who lived outside of Boston and had an AirBnB. If so, very sorry to hear of her passing as well. I do remember Mags and LIta, as well.

May all of their memories be for a blessing.

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934
    Options

I am so very sorry to hear about Shepkitty.

I used to spend alot of time on this thread and have seen too many pass.

Does anyone hear from Sas?

• m0mmyof3
    Options

We finally got some much needed rain last night and early this morning. At one point you could literally hear it coming down in a downpour. Hope this starts putting a dent in our drought situation here.

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    Options

Very sorry to hear of the loss of ShepKitty. May God comfort her grieving family and friends. May ShepKitty be received home with unimaginable joy.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

I am amazed at myself. Only been crocheting for a few weeks and I have two projects completed!

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    Options

Well done!

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Working on an afghan for my bed for summer now.