Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Options

Comments

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,415
    Options

Working on an afghan for my bed for summer now.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,911
    Options

Just bumping this, to see if we can activate this thread again.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,501
    Options

Happy to join in any discussions - insomnia is my middle name!!!

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Took a little break from here because I have been a bit swamped with things. My latest crochet project now that the afghan is done is a crocheted recliner cover.

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931
    Options

Hey everyone-

Hard to believe it's already halfway through May!

Hope your are all doing well, and your families, too.

_ jeni

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Doing fine here

• Pawprint
    Pawprint Member Posts: 354
    Options

it’s been awhile since I logged in. Not sure there is much activity in this thread anymore. Hope you are all doing well

• jwoo
    Options

M0mmyof2- glad to hear y'all are well, and hope summer is being kind to you.

Pawprint- I used to have 400 notifications from this thread on a daily basis, and just as many laughs to go with. I see a few ppl here and there on the threads, but, I think we all just had the wind knocked out of us with losing so many friends here in a short time. At least, that is what happened to me. I pop in once every couple of months or so to see what people are up to. Hope you and yours are enjoying life!

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Doing ok but getting too much rain. Its been hard to get any yard work done.

• ChrisJack1
    ChrisJack1 Member Posts: 8
    Options

Trazodone really works and it's not an anticholinergic so you don't increase your risk of dementia in the future either. Take it earlier before bed and wind down if you get a bit of a hangover from it in the morning. Ambien doesn't work for me. Xanax does for a few hours but I'm loathe to take it unless I must, for the obvious reasons being a benzo.

If your mind is the whirling problem, try Miette's Bedtime Story Podcast and fire up "Little Cloud" by James Joyce. Miette's a professional reader w a lovely English (not Queen's) accent and she's great. You kind of get lost in the words. The best stories are somewhat convoluted and help you lose your place, distract you, and cause you to crash a bit better.

I'm really not looking forward to the estrogen suppressants/blockers in my future. Insomnia has been a nightmare for over 20 yrs. Gosh knows what this will do to me.

Nighty night everyone🤣🤣🤣

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Happy Thanksgiving all! Kind of feeling gypped as my birthday and Thanksgiving are on the same day today.

• gailmary
    gailmary Member Posts: 426
    Options

happy birthday, Mom of 3. I'd feel gyped too. Maybe not so bad if there is family that loves. I hope it turned out good.

Family's kinda small here and I chose to pretend it was just another Thursday. That's when I quilt with friends. Only 2 available to join me today. Usually 4 others.

Gailmary

• gailmary
    Options

I see the moderators bumped this thread for us. I'm guessing they thought some of us are still not sleeping and may care to discuss it. I've posted in the past and all I've tried for insomnia. I am convinced the biggest cause is the lack of estrogen as my sleeplessness has been terrible since hysterectomy 38 years ago.

I'd say I've tried everything but that's not true. I have not tried neurofeedback or any kind of cognitive behavior therapy. I have tried melatonin but I get restless legs. I have used benadryl 15 years till it quit working. I am allergic to Ambien. A little tea or essential oils do nothing. I had pretty good luck with herbal supplement blend called Deep Sleep.. it has valerian root, passionflower, California poppy and other herbs. There are actually a number of blends available I'd try first.

i tried cbd oil but that didn't last long. I wondered if it wasn't more a placebo. THC is not legal here even though I have my Dr's blessing to experiment with it all I want. He warned me it could make me a little loopy. I didn't tell him that I remember that about it. I don't remember it making me sleepy. I need serious help. and I don't want more drugs

A few months ago I found relief. Unless there is some real cr*p on my mind, I'm sleeping 7 or 8 hours a night! I'm using 2 different cannabinoids. Or compounds found in cannabis. Cbd and thc are the 2 best known.

But I'm using half a gummy of Delta 8 THC ( not the Delta 9 thc that makes you loopy) and BCP or beta-caryophyllene found in Copaiba essential oil. I use Doterras little softgels.

If you are interested in trying either of these, do some research to see what to expect. You might need only 1 or the other of these. BCP is actually in a product called Sleep ASAP. And I hear Delta 8 is legal even where thc 9 is not. Sleeping nearly 3 months now. I hope it doesn't quit soon, but I hear CBN is good for sleep too, so maybe that's what is next.

I hope this helps many of you. And I hope you had a great Thanksgiving .

Gailmary

• m0mmyof3
    Options

It was a nice quiet turkey/birthday yesterday. Just me, hubby and our pets aka “the kids”

• jwoo
    Options

Hope everyone is safe and well, and that your new year is full of joy!

• m0mmyof3
    Options

My Valentine’s gift from my hubby

Its a real rose in a glass globe filled with wate

• karen1956
    Options

it’s be

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Connecticut finally got some measurable snow yesterday. Hopefully getting out of here before Fall! In the meantime, I am finally starting to finish my Bachelors degree. Decided to major in English

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,911
    Options

This thread (with 1503 pages) has been quiet for awhile. But… we're back. Looking forward to meeting fellow insomniacs.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Still in Connecticut and making progress on my degree

• karen1956
    Options

Still sleep lousy. Last night woke up 3 times between 11:30 and 4:45

• m0mmyof3
    Options

A perfectly good day shot to Hades. It was bad enough to lose one classmate last week before my 30th class reunion on this past Saturday, but today brought the news that we lost another classmate since the reunion. I am shattered and heartbroken.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

m0mmyof3 Sorry, it's very sad. Knocks the wind out of our sails. Thinking of you. Faith and Hope will get you through. Also, Grit.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

Hello Oldies but Goodies. I was checking in for an old post. Had to stop by here and say hello!. Walking and talking here. Probably will be around for awhile. I'll check in :)

• m0mmyof3
    Options

On top of losing my two classmates, my hubby’s sister passed today. We were not very close, but its still sad.

• gailmary
    Options

Mommy, it is hard to deal with that kind of news. The closer you were the harder it is. And in our situation it's a nasty reminder. Seems I often hear that bad news in 3s. Don't dwell on it. Play some music.

• gailmary
    Options

Oh I guess I could have said hello to all. My history of insomnia goes back 60 yrs. Maybe more on that later. Maybe tonight when the house is quiet I'll update my profile.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Just canned two more quarts of tomatoes, for a grand total of 6

• gailmary
    Options

So quiet. Everyone sleeping these days?

2am here. I've got labs and shots in the morning. I'm mad at the world tonight. Can't seem to change the channel in my head. Guess I'll try meditating again.

• zogo
    zogo Member Posts: 19,172
    Options

3:30 am, can't sleep. Thought my melatonin should help. It's good for so many things! Just not tonite