Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Layla somtimes that works -----what it's really showing them is there is some activity here. They usually check it out.

Sorry I 'd stay but must sleep. Hope the come'

• sas-schatzi

Yoo hoo  camile

• sas-schatzi

Yoo hoo ginger I know your up

• sas-schatzi

Lalyla somtimes you can find out if they are up by PM'ing them and then telling your here

Hi have we met? I'm sheila,, Have we done this already????? I'm in Florida too by cocoa

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997

Yes, here I am. It is 11 PM here.  

I made a new friend today. My first one out here in 2 years and 2 months. We traded phone numbers after meeting at a farmers market.  We are the same age, both not from here. We plan on having launch.  I am excited to know a real life person my age, I love younger people, have always worked with them but someone knowing what you were doing when you were 18 years old is really pretty cool. Although I am chatty and all, I don't really get out much since I first got depressed, actualy in 2006. So this is a big deal for me.  I'll report back. 

I have slept pretty regular this week getting up in the AM of each day. I hope tpo continue it.

How are all of you doing?   I will check back a bit later.

Ginger 

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Hi ya Sas, Layla, Ginger and Camille. It's just after 5.00pm here. Sorry on late checking in but I have been sorting my thousands of buttons so the will be easy to get at and see the colors.......lol. I needed to Ho to the store to get some clear boxes first and that store is an 80km round trip away. Just as well I had to go to the vet to get my cats heart tablets too.

Mmm DH has just arrived home so I have to go for a little while but I will be back shortly.

Live n hugs. Chrissy

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Any one up?

• camillegal

QUESTION---Before all this hppend I used to use any kind of deordoeant and it worked once a day/ In my early 60's I needed not much anymor so that was fine.

Now I use aluminum free be fore I get dressed I put on 3 imes and again later in the day. UMPH why does that happen --I't a pain.

• camillegal

This can be answered amyrime so I think my eyes are closin so I

TTYL

• chrissyb

Camille I use the aluminum free deodorant but only need to put it on once a day after showering. It depends on the brand, some are better than

• chrissyb

Oops hit the wrong button. As I was saying, some brands are better than others. You just need to try them all until you find one that you like and works for you.

Sleep well, I'll catch up later.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• camillegal

i Chrissy--'r sleepin now..--I answered much earlier bu forgot to hit submit. U and I must have a problem with buttons. I've tried quite a few, but I sweat like I was younger, a least ha was aplu about getin older, now I just cut my nails and all he keys feel different.  Will I ever stop complaining LOL

• chrissyb

I'm still awake.....lol. My problem is I use my iPhone waaaaay too often and I use a stylus. I have a tendancy to go too fast and sometimes, by accident, hit the wrong button and zzzzzzzip it's gone, it's posted or it's disappeared!

OMGosh girl! We must complain about something, it helps to keep life interesting!........lol.

• camillegal

Chrissy I think u should be sleepin and u so impress me by bein able to use and iphone.

• chrissyb

I think I agree with the sleeping bit so I'll say nighty night and go and hit the hay.......lol.......that means go to bed......lol......just thought I'd qualify that for you.

Love n hugs girl! Chrissy

• Layla2525
    Layla2525 Member Posts: 465

The nice thing about the Aussies is they share their tea tree oil. I got the tea tree oil deodorant bar,but like cami says sometimes you gotta put it on again. Doesnt work as good as an anti perspirant.

I finally went to sleep last night at 2am,thats not gonna work tonight cuz I got work in the morng so guess I will take a slping pill at 8 pm and cross my fingers. I feel for what poor Michael Jackson must have gone thru trying to get a good nights sleep. Cant wait til vacay,when we go to the mountains near Paso Robles,CA we are away from civilization you know like kilometers away but probably not as much as Aussies but its great there,its so dry so no bugs or critters will get you like here in FL gotta be careful of West Nile virus and darn mosquitoes and gators on land and sharks if by sea. oh yeah! In the mtns,we fall asleep after watching the big moon rise about 9 pm and then wake when the sun comes up cuz we dont have any clocks there but we know the time from the cellphn and wristwatch. Lock up the wine bottles here we come!

Are you ladies taking any meds for sleep? 

• sas-schatzi

It's early only9:05 PM or 21:05----I have been the keeper of Uncle Johns funeral plant since My Mary passed in 2001. This philedenron is since 1980. I always leave my water glasses out so the chlorine dissipates.----Bad Mama--I left out a voldka and tonic glass--didn't sniff it---cuz I never do that, till afew days ago------------watching plant like a hawk and now I have fruit flies. ------No fruit-nothing that can account for it. only one plant in the house.---------just sprayed it with my ant. roach, spider spray????????????---------------------Shit- a 32 y/o plant damn. I can take cuttings if things start to look really bad. But lordy I was the keeper.

• ananda8
    ananda8 Member Posts: 1,418

Wash the leaves with water and just a touch of mild dish soap.  Then get a spray bottle and rinse the leaves with water.  That will get the bug spray off and will kill any fruit flies.  Be sure to flush the soil as well by pouring clear water through the soil. Philodendrons are tough plants. Get the bug spray off and it will make it.

I have a plant that my mother gave me for my birthday in 1980.  It is very important to me.  I understand your philodendron is equally important to you.

Good luck. 

• sas-schatzi

Notself -thank you for responding, when I sprayed the plant I made sure it hit the soil, I will areate some water and then pour it in. Aerating water now. -----I told a story one time about John's plant and Mary's only plant --it didn't survive. I was responsible for the two funeral planets.  This was on TIAS an antiquers newsletter. The response was amazing. The very uplifting  stories of plants being passed through generations. I believe the oldest was pre WW2. The heartwarming stories of shared memories between parent's and grandparents. The development of love for planting and growing brought from one generation to another.

My twin should have had her gardens in magazines. I have responsibility for one plant. I used to love gardening till I worked the operating room. MY OCD about dirt.  But if you could have seen my sisters gardens at the height of there glory athing to behold.

• ridergirl
    ridergirl Member Posts: 94

Wow just discovered where the rest of the people who are up all night go lol How come i never noticed this before? Hello to everybody and yes sas what notself said should save your beloved plant, if it still has a pezt problem tho another thing to try is misting it with rubbing alcohol. I was a florist for years and believe me we use the cheap fixes in the store not the expensive sprays:-) hope you get it sorted those dam fruit flies are soo! annoying.

• sas-schatzi

SOOOOO COOL--i HAVE TWO RESOURCES -----I will definitely call on you both if John doesn't seem to be improving.Yay resourses.

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy-that whole thing we talked about went in the septic-------bummer----next time you call I tell you why-----were you able to get that message to 3jAYS?

Craving hotdogs and chocolate-------Does that ring a bell?

• Gingerbrew

Hotdogs and chocolate?  Uh not a pairing I would be interested in.   Nope. 

Ginger 

• sas-schatzi

Ginger--when Chrissy was on her tour and we had our time together----We could have gone gourmet right--in Miamii-------I had a craving for a hot dog and she had a craving for chocolate----we satisfied both at strip mall--

Then we went on to see the FOUNTANBLEAU- snuck in was great----------soocool. Chrissys and 3jays visit was such a highlight of the year------funny also when chrissy and I found a beach and changed clothes outside the car---had to ask a guy to like go away---chrissy wasn't quite sure about it-----but i said we have the doors and we can dress from the top down---she I think believed I'd done it before---nope---but when she reads this she'l laugh

• sas-schatzi

Going to have my first buffulo sandwich---will let you know

• Layla2525
    Layla2525 Member Posts: 465

sas, are talking about the ground buffalo meat? I got some of that at the grocers,it was pricy but I really liked better than hamburger. I dont eat much red meat due to fiance is a chick a tarian...he is a heart patient but chkn is just as hormone laden as red meat and just as much fat isnt it?

I got so tired of chkn like Chris Rock says I was going outta my finger licking mind! I went and got some pork ribs and he put them on his grill cause I just had surg and not supposed to lift over 10 lb so I didnt wanna start with the charcoal and all that. I know I had a cravin for hot dog the other day for lunch and went and got one and been so long since I ate one it made me a little sick and indigestion set in.

Whats up with the plant? You are so right,yep spray it with alchohol or soapy water the bugs dont like that. I live in FL and we try to keep all the bugs here. I hate bugs!!

• camillegal

I'm up Damn. I fell asleep early I was at the Drs. all afternnoon and then ate and got so tired fell asleep n I'm awake. My darling niece took me and our wait wasn't to bad, then I had to do labs in another area--they try to keep thins moving so it's good but all in all it still takes a couple of hours. And again a nurse complimentd my beautiful scar--well I'm glad the medical orfession is so happy about my scar. LOL Anyone up?

• chrissyb

It's just coming up to dinner time here so I'm still up.......lol. I've been unpacking chit that has sat on my back verandah for three years and I can finally see that area again instead of great big boxes!

Camy I gear you on the fall asleep early and then wake up about 11.00pm and not be able to go to sleep again!.........grrrr! I've done that many, many times and it's not fun.

• Gingerbrew

Hi Camillegal, I am up. 

I was from IL, west suburbs. My sleep schedule seems to rotate through the clock over time. I like it best when OI fall asleep pretty early and awke for dawn, I love that but it comes too seldom. Mostly I am up late and sleep in late and then later and later until I rotate again. I would prefer a steady schedule.  

Anyhow I am around for a while here.

Ginger 

• camillegal

Hi Ladies--it u'r still there--I was on some other board yakkin' aways--Thank od we have this site--I'm so into it.I live in Wheaton close to Winfield now, but used to live in Lombard all of my life actuall. So it's a big change for me. LOL