Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439

Hi girls, it's 7:21pm on Sunday here, and alls well.

Seeing as you sort of get a 'used' day by the time the sun hits your corner, I can report it was a lovely day for us down under.

I am currently catching up with a lot of chores which have been building into mountains since my Colostomy reversal and today I

decided to clean up the cats potty area.  The last time I did this (pre-op) I threw the mat I keep under the litter tray onto the back lawn

to give it a hose down later.  When later arrived, the dog had chewed great holes in it.

So today I went hunting for a new one, which had to be one of those 'spaghetti' mats to wipe the litter off the cats paws as he climbs out.

After trying all the dollar shops and then the hardware shop, I paid $27.50 for a new one! OUCH! It is the same colour (sand) as the litter so it

won't keep pricking my conscience when it needs to be cleaned, like the last dark grey one did.

Next job is to replace the elastic in fitted sheets!  I usually have to unpick the old elastic and sew a pocket with 25mm tape so that I can replace the elastic again

in 12 mths which is all it lasts for.  I bought some very thin bungy strap today and am going to try it out to see how long it lasts.

I must say, I'm not doing anything major but it does feel good to be getting some of these jobs done at last.

Hope I've bored you both to sleep, sweet dreams girls,

Sheila.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

mamma you silly wonderful woman.----------iwant alife, but can't get back into it-----------

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Sas normal is what we make it. There is no such thing otherwise. We do the best we can with the tools that are available to us and just works around the things we come across as obstacles.

• sas-schatzi

I want to move on, but , and ready to move on, but afdraid to ask anyone to take on cancer history, have a friends with benefits program going on, bbut need more than that

• chrissyb

Sas if they care enough the history makes no difference.

• sas-schatzi

It's a hoot in order to do the FWB's ----Italked with my PCP/ Priest/ SOn/ Best friend that took me to the store to by stuff/ Counselor/_______now you---left out somone-----------the world

• chrissyb

Well girl there's your answer. If so many have said the same thing why won't you believe?

• sas-schatzi

chrissy---just don't know ----the stupid guy with benefits --------doesn't realize if he shapes up----it could be long term

• chrissyb

If I were you I would lay it on the line before anything happens. Depending on his reaction or answer the only thing stopping you is you.

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy------ we are in different worlds , He's a mechanical genius, but I must explain mostof what I say.------But it's been great fun

• chrissyb

Most people who come together find some common ground even if they are direct polar opposites. I guess it comes down to how far you want it to go with this particular guy.

• sas-schatzi

chrissy--I don't know whether to cast him off-or keep him-----------life is short---he's 10 years younger. ---educatioally not even close. But---tyhere is a huge physical attraction.

• chrissyb

Sas message me your phone number then we can have a conversation like normal people.

• sas-schatzi

I think I can fix him up-----sounds terrible----I have worked at

• sas-schatzi

Sons comment was you can do better mom

• chrissyb

Age is a state of mind not being. If this guy is good for you find a way to find a level playing field.

• chrissyb

You may be able to do better according to your son but better to him may not be as goods for you.

• chrissyb

Sas? You still there?

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy sent you a PM and going to delete a couple of comments above----the world doesn't need to know

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy-evryone reading this is going to say --I WHAT--was only going to delete a couple , then the further I went back it was ----nope don't want to leave that one-etc. Love you babe sassy

• chrissyb

I got the pm. Do you want me to delete some of my answers? Just say so and I will.

Love you too. Chrissy

• Layla2525
    Layla2525 Member Posts: 465

Yep you are so right,will never forget the univ experience and sitting down next to a student and asking, so what part of England are you from? And she looking down her nose at me as tho I totally insulted her (didnt know Brits were an alien species....lol) She says I am not English I am from New Zealand. I was so shocked I didnt talk to her ever again...lol

Did you ever have that experience!?

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Ladies I've been sleeping the last 3 night it might have to do with my new doage (that I made up) but I'm sleeping about 6 hrs. now

And Sas I feel bad for u, u'r at a crossroads for some reason and I figure it has to do with a relationship u'r wanting or thinking about or might even have but unsure. Sas think about it really---there is no normal ever. We each live our lives so differently who is normal? No one I know, but I do know what u mean. But I don't know where u are in treatment or how long things have been going on. But sometimes u make u'r own normal, a brand new one for u. Thank goodness I was never deemed normal to anyone--so I;m pretty much the same except I don't like to do so many things like I used to but that's kida medical reasons. and everyone accepts it I don't like it, but I've adjusted. U'r more together than u think--u'r mind might be all over the place, but that is normal for all u've been thru. Personally I don't like the term new normal--it's what it is and what u can do to adjust u'rself and go from there. It's something that was thrown at u for no reaso but chance and it's true my typing stinks so I'm glad o one is complaining about it LOL. Don't look for a magicful day that will give u answers just go day by day with acceptance and u will adjust to how u think and feel and what u'r ready for.It'll come

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997

Cammilegal I am so glad I read your post. I do not like the term "New Normal" at all! Not one bit. To me it sounds way to much like "Suck it up and get on with it."    That is just me and some may find the term useful but I sure don't.  I grew up in as a child in an alcoholic household and I spent decades trying to figure out "Normal," I sure don't want to do it again. 

So there I have said my piece.

Ginger 

• Cindi74
    Cindi74 Member Posts: 69

Oh dear.  I normally sleep maybe 5 hours plus or minus 2 hours on occasion.  I just wake up.  Never set an alarm.  If I go to sleep at 10, I may wake up at 2.  Many times I just get up.  Now I learn that is a risk for reoccurance for my kind of cancer.  OMG.  I rarely feel sleepy, and since I am retired, could take a nap but rarely do.   See below.

http://www.breastcancer.org/risk/new_research/20120830b.jsp

• camillegal

Ginger thank u--I am so against so many words I keep on hearing--my sister and I always talk about these things. Whoever coined someof these words and they stuck around justmakes me wonder. Well it's nice to hear someone agrees with me finally. LOL---Ok I took a 3hr nap today, I have a feeling I'll be up tonite (hope not) but maybe I'll catch u later for u daytime for me middle of the night.

• camillegal

Well I knew it, here I am awake Ugh any one else?

• Layla2525
    Layla2525 Member Posts: 465

Good morning ladies,its almost 2 am here in FL, I was sleeping at 10 pm but fiance wanted to call and make sure I was doing ok!! I should march right over to his house and sit outside and blow my horn til he comes outta there. I cant get back to sleep,I took half a sleeping pill at 1am and guess I need the other half,tried to sleep in the recliner and didnt work so got in the bed,it didnt work,somehow I am wide awake. He said he wanted to bring over a bottle of wine earlier but then called at 10 to tell me he was in a part of town and had a large roadblock and roadwork and was tired of sitting there in traffic and if he got out of it he was gonna go home & couldnt make it after all,thanks so much for letting me know!!!

• sas-schatzi

Yoo chrissy --yoo hoo alyson!!!!!!!!!!!

• sas-schatzi

Yoo hoo chrissy, yoo hoo alyson