Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    Hi US insomniacs.
    I am sure I won't have that problem tonight. Last night looked after both grandchildren for the first time. We have DGD often but haven't had DGS before. At one point it was DH and I in the bed plus two littlies and two cats!!!! DGS was put back to bed then DH departed as DGD does tend to kick. Think I got about 3hours in the end. Eyes are shutting now but know I will wake at 2am and not get back to sleep, oh well such is life.
  • ananda8
    ananda8 Member Posts: 1,418

I've tried Chamomile tea and honey.  Still awake.  No milk in the fridge so that's out.  Well, one more time -- maybe I'll sleep.

Sweet dreams to all on this thread.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

I did fall asleep last nite, woke up about 5A, still to early for me--so I know I need sleep.

• ananda8

I'm back as well.  Four more months and I will be finished with aromasin.  I ma so looking forward to a good night's sleep.

• camillegal

SOME ONE IS HAVIN FUN

• ananda8
    Laughing
  • camillegal

♥ www.lifelovequotesandsayings.com ♥  IF ANYONE WAKES UP MAYBE U CAN SMILE--

• camillegal

Damn, I'm here--Oh I took naps today short ones I was still feeling bad and now I'll be awake feeling sick- UGH I have to get more antibiotics--wasn't enough.

• Jane64
    Jane64 Member Posts: 10

Hi camillegal hope u feel better today

• Connie07
    Connie07 Member Posts: 446

Sleep is so different now. Ive always slept thru the nights, sometimes snoring and usually kicking so much that now DH sleeps in another room...... Just so he can sleep. Its restless leg syndrome, inheirited from my dad. Ive been doing a lot of searching for remedies lately and have found that taking a vit. E everyday is vital. Also iron supplements help a lot and. Lots of water, getting dehydrated makesnit unbearable. Two nights ago, i slept about an hour and my hyperLegs woke me. I tried everything l had, my rx, melatonin, sublingual herbal tabs, toast, chamomile and pepperment tea, xanax, a boring book. Nothing worked until i drank a water with fitness powder, specifically one that replaces electrolytes.. Was asleep within 20 min. And slept all the rest of that night. Hydration is essential, without it muscle cramps set in.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Connie

• camillegal

I'm up at 2AM---have to renew my antibiotics and Dr. says if not beter or the same in 3 days to call she wants to see me. I'll be fine-It's a sinus infection that's it. geeze --she cautious I guess it's good---I took my meds, had some warm milk and here I am. I was answering my e-mail for a while so I got that done anyway. And for some reason I thought it was Friday--my infection is interfering with my mind--hahahaha. No one is here so I uess everyone is ok--and I'm glad--it makes me feel good.

• camillegal

Wow alot of people dream about me--

• camillegal

Just in case u wake up====

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

• Layla2525
    Layla2525 Member Posts: 465

Cami, cutest kitten pic ever, have some of the kitten I used to have,well the cat grew up yes,and then I got 3 and then I realized it was not good for them to live with the German Shep and well he is the security system so they had to go live with a friend on a farm. They meowed from time I got home so they were making me a little nuts. I can tell the dog to be quiet and he does but the cats they ignored me. All they did was poop and eat so they had to go.

Took half a melatonin and it seems to work better than the whole pill. Getting dizzy and sleepy so gotta get in the sack.

• Connie07

Dr. Oz had an expert on supplements, said melatonin is

1. A hormone and

2. Never intended as a "Put you to sleep" pill. And

3. Maximum dose = 1mg. Never 2, 4, 10mg.

• camillegal

Hi Connie---Wow how come everyone is using it --I haven't tried it but alot of the ladies say it's great/ Hmmmm Don't get it.

• Connie07

Most dont realize its a hormone. All just want to sleep, and manufacters market it as a sleep aid.

Taking it 1.5 hours before going to bed and taking 1/2 to 1 mg is ALL one should take. I dont beIeve all the stuff l hear on dr. Oz but this report was very disturbing because its so popular and marketed so heavily. And its sold in huge overdose amounts but with no warnings about overdosing. There are side effects. He explained its best use is when you travel long distances and need to help re-set your body's time clock.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

My doc suggested I take it as a sleep aid. It is naturally produced in the brain but age and illness drops the natural production.

It is safe to take up 20mg but a much lower dose is all that is normally required. As per told to me by my doctor.

Not sure I would take everything that Dr Oz says as gospel he is after all after ratings.

• loriio
    loriio Member Posts: 55

I wish I knew about this board sooner! I am usually awake between 2 and 4am. My husband lost his job yesterday (along with our insurance) so I was up most of last night. Ill add this to my favorites!

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Oh Lori I am so sorry to hear that your DH has lost his job and insurance......... no wonder you were having a sleepless night.

((((((((Hugs)))))) hoping things can turn around for you.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• camillegal

Lori for u'r husband to lose his job and ins. is awful---I hate to here this for u or anyone. It's scary, but look into u'r county for med. ins.  They might be able to help u.

U should join in most of the time during the night there's someone up--Not many sleep well. So check in every so often. Mine is on my fav. so I just check that out.

• Connie07

Lori, you should have 30 days before the ins is gone. When that happened to us, l made all the appts l could do before ins ended. Get dental, gyn, blood panel, and call for an override on maintenance meds so you can double up on them. Get flu, pneumonia...any vaccines ya'll need. Eye exam. I got post mx bras from a boutique that fitted me. It was so nice and they filed ins for me, i paid (l think) 20%. Which is extremely good for the quality... I still wear two of them and they are now 5 years old. (Never put them in the dryer.) You can use the ins. up until its gone. The employer has to offer COBRA ins but the cost TRIPLES!!!. So sorry, it sucks for both of you, men dont seem as resilient and hes likely going to feel like they kicked him in the nuts. It was hard for me, like a death in the family, expect to grieve. But use every benefit possible. They owe you that.

Chrissy - seems like everything has changed focus to being all about the money. Dr. Oz is too, even though he appears to be trying to help. Im seeing his name and face endorsing all sorts of products.

He did say that age related production dwindled and that was a different issue than the typical over-the-counter user on the melatonin.

Connie

• loriio
    loriio Member Posts: 55

Thanks all. We expected it was coming so I did get everyone's doctor visits in before school started. We'll probably do COBRA thru the end of the year because I still have to have my exchange surgery in December. It's a pain but its actually for the best. The timing just really stinks.

• camillegal

I'm up to pee and My eyes are srill sleeping so I'm going to try to o right back to sleep.

I just took my electric blamket out--don't really know if it's cold or me hahaah

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

camille here

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Camille hope for a good night sleep Bye lovey----sheila

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,517

Just catching up on posts and saying Hi.

Here's what the Breastcancer.org site has to say about melatonin.

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997

I have a med onc appt and a dexa scan tomorrow at SCCA. I am not due for another mamogram until Jan, I think.  

Oct 9 is my sleep study, I admit I am nervous about it. I wonder if I can take anything to get to sleep there? I want them to have the best results but I am pretty sure I need to actually be asleep for the test to show anything.

The sleep Doc told me to remove my bedside chest since I bashed my face into it a few wseeks ago. I am being stubborn because it is so convenient. I am wrong and dumb not to get it out of the way. I have only smashhed into the chest itself once, I usually lauch off the bed perpendicular to the bed and wind up out on the floor. It was really a quirck that I launched off the bottom of the bed parallel to the bed. So I will adjust the area to make it safer. You know I always want to think it won't happen again.  

Laters my sleepy head friends

Ginger