Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Layla my sister is stage IV but she's still working and doing well enough she's 73===she looks 20 rs younger than me and I'm younger than her--bi*ch--but I love her like crazy.

This sleeping ting drive me nuts o, I'm so happy wen I sleep 5-6 hrs and yrs ao that was just a nap for me. LOL I try to stay up during the day, I don't work anymore, but I really wake up like now--and I just took my meds to sleep and sometimes I take another one.

I usually watch comedies during the night it's more relaxing for me, but then I tun on the crime shows after a few hrs And sometimes my grandson has a bad dream and he'll come in and we'll cuddle for a while (that's great for me) then I start to get really tired. Then my dgtr closes my door and I sleep --it sucks

Do u take anything to sleep? I mean from the Dr. cuz take whatever works.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Layla, just popping by.

When do you take your Femara? I took it at night which seemed to help but I always wake about 3am for awhile.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,517

Hi late-nighters!

In case you didn't see this announcement, we wanted to be sure you know that the boards will be down Wednesday night/Thursday morning starting at 4am ET for about 3 hours. Sorry, we know that's prime posting time for insomniacs and our friends down under, but there are good reasons (check the announcement)!

• The Mods

• camillegal

• ananda8
    ananda8 Member Posts: 1,418

camilegal,

The picture made me laugh out loud.  I really needed a good laugh.

• camillegal

Notself I'm glad I try to pick appropriate ones for the group, somepeople don't get my goofiness and that's fine but some are so sad (me too, sometimes) we have to come here and smile too. I hope u had a good nites sleep. I slept for 6 hrs. YYAAAYYY

• camillegal
  • ananda8

Let's see if we can both get more than 4 hrs sleep.  Wink

• ananda8

Still awake. 

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Me too, but just took a melatonin and heading for bed, hope I go right to sleep this time.  Night.

• camillegal

Now I'm up I hte taking more meds to sleep--yep 2and 1/2 hrs not enough.

• Layla2525
    Layla2525 Member Posts: 465

Camillegal,still up,yep this is what happens if I dont take something to make me sleep and then in the morning I can hardly get up and stay awake and then suddenly at 8 pm I wake up,I think I need to move to Aussieville cause I have my days and nights mixed up like a new baby, I wake up good about 8 pm so guess my brain thks its 8 am?? Yep its midnight here in FL. Guess I will try my melatonin and then if it doesnt work maybe a TylenolPM?

• Layla2525

Alyson,I usually take the Femara in the afternoon cause I have to be sure and take my blood pressure med in the morn before the bld prz goes up and then I have a thyroid pill at lunch,I hate this,I used to never have to take any pills!

• camillegal

Layla I'm taking soe of the meds u are and I never took so many and It's hard to keep the timing up with them LOL I just took my sleeping eds 2 and sometimes in an hr I go back for 3 if I have to. It stinks. I' tired most of the day, try not to nap and still wake up like u do--i's not gettin straight still.. I was always a good sleeper do u think it's all the meds or stress even tho I personally don't feel stress but maybe I do. Well I do worry about money cuz there is not enough of it. LOL

I hope u can sleep tonite and me too.

• camillegal

• Layla2525

Cami, the dog is funny but I feel a little weird cause my dog is neutered but they did it before I adopted him but I probably would have had it done cause they say the dog lives a better life,hmmm,he doesnt seem to know he is neutered,he acts just like he's not. Except he doesnt do weird stuff to people like those little dogs.

Go back to sleep now,its not even that late in Ill,central time?

Excitd,vacay in Oct,one more week til parole from the office.lol, talked to someone in LA the other day and they said its a freak heat wave there and so I says ok so I should pack the swimsuit and she says oh no it will be over by the time you get here.??? I am gonna pack a little of everythg cause Baja gets cold at night and I get cold when the temps go down lower than 75,yep the FL salt life will thin your blood. 

• Layla2525

OMG,Cami,you gotta log onto Weather.com and select "cat eats with forK" video from animals in action. You gotta see that,that is like the funniest 30 second video ever,I want some of that stuff the cat likes.

• camillegal

LAYLA that was hysterical, chopsticks???, I can't use them--Oh what patience that woman had. The only goofy thing my cat does is wsit in the bthroom sink for her bath she ives herself--cats are goofy. LOL

• camillegal

• Jane64
    Jane64 Member Posts: 10

Hi all new to this post but i usually cant sleep either. Today had my 5th txt and one more to go. Its nice to know im not the only person up. I am laying in bed with my nook that keeps me sane in the middle of the night while my husband sleeps. Just wanted to say hi

• camillegal

HiJane this sucks to me---it means i'll be slap happy tom.---I started falling asleep then boing  here I am--will nite and day ever come back right again.

• ananda8

I was sleeping great, until I wasn't.  Now I'm going to try again.

• Jane64

Hi camilegal love the picture. I dont know it seems like im always tired. Hope all have a good day.

• camillegal

Not self hahaha- I'm sorry but we're all in on this conspiracy of no sleep--aha Sleep deprevation.

Jayne I'm so tired I'm usless well more than usual. I need this :

• camillegal

• Jane64

Hi all 2am and wide awake. Love the se from chemo. Well going to try to find a good book to read. Have to be up by 7am hubby has car show he wants me to go with him. Goodnight

• ananda8

Still up. Can't read because aromasin has made my brain numb.  Good night Jane64. Hope you sleep well.

• Jane64

Same to you thank you

• ananda8

I hope you're asleep, Jane. 

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Hi notself, don't you just hate it when you can't get to sleep? It really is the pits! When I've taken all the meds I can but still can't sleep I make myself a warm milk drink and it honey in it. That usually does the trick.

Hope you can get some sleep soon.

Love n hugs. Chrissy