Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Tell me the when , what , how etc? I read where it was right after the wedding?

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Lol Sas, I can just imagine that happening too!........some poor soul just busting to go and there you are......one loo ready for use.....not......lol

• sas-schatzi

I've seen your photos. I like the green one. Can I buy a copy? How much with shipping?

• chrissyb

Give me a few minutes to type it and I'll give you the low down.

• sas-schatzi

I know your typing. so I'll be patient....... Serious I think the green one would be very cool in my new loo :)

• sas-schatzi

The loo is going to have marble ceramic walls, the countertop is marble manufactured stone. The sink is square. The faucet is a kitchen faucet that has a pullout. Perfect for a quick hair wash, or washing a baby. They don't have pullouts for bathrooms, that's why it's a kitchen faucet. The shower is acrylic. So no worry about grout cleaning YAY. The shower door has special glass that won't spot. One wall is going to be a dimensional tile. BOCA SUITE LINES. You can google it. All the metal is brushed stainless, also known as brushed nickel. Floor is highend vinyl. Not cold on the feet like ceramic. AND no grout worries re: keeping it nice. All in all see the pattern here. Little cleaning worries, except I may end up  with the dimensional tile making me crazy. Look it up and let me know what you think?

• chrissyb

Obviously before the wedding already I was fighting something which after I relaxed when the wedding was done turned out to be a chest infection.........I rang my doc and he faxed a rx through to my local pharmacy and I responded very quickly as it had been five years since I had used an anti B. I was on the tail end of that and one morning I woke up with the vertigo......wasn't too bad the first two days but then I couldn't move without vomiting for about four days. It gradually got better but a couple of days after the worst of that I woke up and my left ear felt numb inside and out, I have a horrible sore neck (which comes and goes) and I was deaf. The numbness has gone but I'm still deaf and it's been about seven weeks now so it's time to get some answers.

Yes you can buy one matted or I will just give you one un matted.......my treat....your choice.

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Knock, knock...

hello, hello... Don't want to interrupt the conversation.....

• sas-schatzi

Hi 2nd yoo hoo

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy, a signed and number copy? Lol May I buy the first copy COOL. I'll matte it when it gets here. It'll be easier to roll in a tube that way.

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy, you have the wickedest things happen. Is that ABX on your allergy List now? What was it?

• sas-schatzi

2nd jump right in the waters fine. How are you?

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy pray tell why has it taken so long to get to a doc? Is it the system? I know you have private insurance right--does memory serve me okay?

• chrissyb

Sas, it's not an allergy to the ABX but I don't know what it is. It was Klacid by the way as I am allergic to penicillin and the last time I had Klacid it was fine. I did go deaf after my knee replacement surgery but that only lasted about three weeks and gradually came back. I was only totally deaf for about five days but this is not budging this time. I have a feeling it's got something to do with my neck and the auditory nerve.:(

Hi 2nd!

• chrissyb

No, I have private health and I did see my doc six weeks ago.....I haven't just left it. He said maybe a virus but if it was a virus I would be thinking at the very least something would have returned my now but nothing, nada!

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy there is a very very good medication source called "dailymed.org". It's the USA NIH government web site. Use the second choice if you go to it through google. There's an odd sign in page that is useless. The second choice takes you to the working page. What I like about it is it has all the research that's been done. Pick the first drug under the name that's usually the first patten manufacturer.  Then it has everything  crossed link with hyperlinks. Once you get used to it, it's Great.

• chrissyb

Oh, and I had a head CT about three months ago and it was clear so I doubt it's anything nasty although the symptoms are similar.

• chrissyb

Thanks Sas, I'll check that out later.

• chrissyb

Just going down to make a cup of tea......BRB

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy, did you have Klacid the last time.? I knew you wouldn't let something like that go, you're always on top of things.

My tinnitus started with a cold. Only a small percentage start that way. I've had some nerve conduction loss all my life mostly---young child unknown age of onset. Very often tinnitus will start just b/c of that hearing loss. BUT mine didn't start until 2/3rds the way through the cold. Then never left. I was 48 at the time........go figure

• chrissyb

I'm back!

• chrissyb

I've had tinitus in that ear since the first episode of deafness and it's still there....I just can't hear anything else.....lol......comes in handy when your DH snores.....lol

• sas-schatzi

2nd must have left, her PM said she was tired. I yoohoo'd her too.

So, how about you google Boca Suite Lines and I'll google  Klacid and see if it's in our source. Your drugs are so different.

• chrissyb

With the Klacid question do you mean last time I went deaf? If so, the answer is no just surgery. As I said, I have a feeling it's got a whole lot to do with my shitty neck and trapping or pinching the auditory nerve as that comes from the base of the skull.

• sas-schatzi

So it's deafness in one ear? Isn't tinnitus horrid? I have learned a way to reset. I was going to locate the research article for someone else. It doesn't take it away, but I reset when it gets to loud

• chrissyb

Sas, it's clarithromycin......Klacid is just its user name.

• sas-schatzi

Ahhh said the blind man , yes could very well be. Damn necks are such trouble. As well as all the rest of the bones LOL.

• chrissyb

Oh yeah, I've tried all those resets and for me nada.......what a pain!

• sas-schatzi

Oops forgot totake the sleeping pill be righ back

• chrissyb

Many years ago I went through the windscreen of my car and now have very bad arthritis in my neck and it clicks and crunches all the time and it seems funny that it is after sleep, induced or otherwise that this has happened both times.