Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

I'm back

• sas-schatzi

My neck ios bad too. I'm sure you've figured out stuff to do to keep it behaving. BUT even with the things we do, the bugger can get out of wack. Then the old saying stands. "it's a pain in the neck"

• sas-schatzi

I've spent since teen years protecting my neck. In my twenties slept in traction for close to 4 years. Talk about birthcontrol "well dear I'm going to hang up now"

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Lol. I got my DD to treat me the other day when I was down there.......she does something call........something Kinetics......damn I hate when I can't remember a word!.......any way, she gave me a treatment and I felt so good yesterday and still pretty reasonable today so another go is in order I think and I shall see her again on Monday. I'm hopeful that they will have me standing straight and not hunched like I am normally and ease my neck somewhat.

• chrissyb

Okay Sas, go get some well deserved sleep and I'll cacth up another time.

• sas-schatzi

Wow going through a windshield.I know you've heard it often that your lucky you weren't killed or paralysed. BUT neck pain is very troublesome. I always had special instructions for them when I went in for surgery. I'm sure you did too. A movement the wrong way in sleep can be immediate trouble. I was always worried going into sx. that they wouldn't be careful enough.

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy how much do I owe you for the picture?

• chrissyb

I'll let you know when I'm ready to send. It may not be for a couple of week though.....okay? I promise it won't be an arm or a leg.........lol.

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Good night Sassy and Chrissy!

• sas-schatzi

Hi, you probably left already. Microsoft turned me off to do automatic updates. Cool on the $$$$. Am I the first to buy one SillyHeart. That it'd be very nice, but if I'm not that's okay. You're going to be famous.

This update from Microsoft is better. Print is darker.

BTW I wish I had your DD's hands here too. OFTEN!     Take care talk soon.

• sas-schatzi

2nd good night!

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy I know you'll be back. Clarithromycin can cause vertigo, tinnitus and hearing impairment------found in clinical trials and post marketing . The post marketing said most commonly in elderly women and that it was usually reversible.  Are you elderly? Those young whippersnappers writing  the word elderly Hrmphh. To us, late 80's and 90's is elderly now. Any how here's the link.

Bookmark the site it's for dailymed.org.  Only the original producer of the drug has to show clinical trial and post-marketing data. My experience with this web site is that is usually the first drug listed.

http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/lookup.cfm?setid=aa44552c-3cfe-4111-8aa5-4251aeed9be9

Chrissy this is a link to the Boca Carrera Suite Lines. It has the look of bead board, but it's more raised then bead board. Could end up a cleaning troublemaker, but it's beautiful. That rooms shower won't get used much. So wetness /steam shouldn't be a problem.

http://www.americanfastfloors.com/roca-tile-carrara-blanco-FTE02AW011&currency=USD?gclid=CPfhi5f56LoCFVRk7AodMB0AxQ

Also, putting a tv in there, so it may get much more use then usual.

My tile person put me onto a web page called HOUZZ. Very cool. It's thousand of pages of beautiful rooms.

• 2nd_time_around

I'm still here, but I'm fading fast. Sipping my nighty night tea, it's working. Am not comprehending what you two are talking about so I'm just listening, learning. Sassy, been following you on different threads, you really impress me with your immense knowledge. If I can ask, what's your background? Chrissy, you sound like lady of many talents.

• chrissyb

Thanks 2nd.....Sas was a nurse for a lot of years........I do do many things as I love being creative but I did also did nursing. Sas and I were just discussing what's going on with me at the moment.........thankfully not BC related......lol. Enjoy your cuppa and I hope you can sleep well after it. See you around soon.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• 2nd_time_around

thanks for explaining Chrissy! Now I don't feel so stoopid! My mom was an orthopedic nurse for many years and I never understood what she was talking about either! Lol! Hoping that your troubles magically disappear.... I need sleep....

• chrissyb

Sleep well! Catch you tomorrow.

• 2nd_time_around

enjoy your day! Cheryl was right, you're one in a million!

• sas-schatzi

HI Chrissy and 2nd. Don't know if I'll be up tonight. Slept all day UGH. Got a little done. But moving slower. I had coffee late.. I shouldn't do that :)

• chrissyb

Sas, I need an early night tonight myself as I have to drive to the city tomorrow to see the doc and his appointment is an early one so I have to be up really early as it's a two hour drive.

Hasn't anyone ever told you don't drink coffee late?.......lol.......silly girl!.......lol.

Catch you later!

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• 2nd_time_around

U-whoo! just checking in! Visiting my parents (attended a baby shower - only 15 minutes from my parents so decided to visit). After 2 nights of only 3 hours sleep, I just crashed in the recliner - even before they went to sleep! Finally got my iPad working.

Chrissy, 2-hr drive? Oh my, that's long! It's only a little over on hour drive for me to LA or 1.5 hours to San Diego (depending on time of day and location). Wow! I guess my 45 minute - 1 hour drive isn't that bad. Good luck with the do !

Sassy, if you fell asleep early, maybe you're awake?

• chrissyb

Hi 2nd, don't know if you are still up or not. Yeah, it's a 2 hour drive to get to the city and then a further half hour to get to where my doc is through traffic.......so not looking forward to it but it must be done. I'm getting to the stage that I just want to stay home a lot more........maybe I'm becoming a hermit......lol......not! The worst thing is, I've got to do it all over again just to get home!.....yuk!!!! Maybe I'll even consider staying over with DD after the birthday festivities.

• sas-schatzi

HI C&2 I'm up now It'7:15 am. A nice rest and awakening. off to have breakfast at Cracker Barrels and buy mulch. I'm confused Chrissy are you up now to go to docs? 2nd two days 3 hours. UGH.. I hated that. Talk to Chrissy about melatonin , if you haven't. It literally saved my life. Melatonin10 mg and Ativan 4 mg. It's ahigh dose on the Ativan but my PCP was okay with it she knew how bad it was. Now I rarely take anything. Then though I had to be knocked out.

L&H's guys have a nice sleep and day sassy

• 2nd_time_around

I'm back.... I brought my iPad to my parents for the first time and had the hardest time connecting to wifi (dad didn't remember the password, had to get from my brother who set it all up), had a bunch of threads to catch up on (new to one so I'm reading to catch up).

Sassy, hoping you're having a great breakfast (we don't have Cracker Barrels here close but have eaten at one before), hoping you're not getting the mulch there! Lol!

I usually take melatonin, but sometimes I forget or have an iced coffee too late in the day for it to be of any use. I drink half-caf but sometimes even that's a problem. No wonder I crashed early! Woke up after about 6 hours of sleep, now wide awake. Scared of Ativan - my husband took it (and over-medicated to the point if hallucinations), so try to avoid it. Also, my PCP had me try some kind of anti-depressants to help with hot flashes and insomnia - had me on lowest dose available and I found myself almost nodding off while driving to work back then). Not a good idea

• sas-schatzi

2nd yes, drugs can be scarey. I've only had one nodding off episode and it won't happen again. My angels were with me that day. Seconds from disaster. had to drive DB to work that day. It was the only day I ever drove the morning after taking something. So, I have more control over it. Simply cuz I'm retired. That helpfulness to DB won't ever happen again--redundant, I know, That's how scarey it was. .................Have a good day :)

• 2nd_time_around

plan to check back here later...

• 2nd_time_around

hello, hello, anyone out there?

My iPad may turn off but if you PM me, my cell phone will chirp to alert me

• 2nd_time_around

hi Chrissy, I'm confused about time difference: have you already been to the dr appt? If so, how did it go?

• hrf
    hrf Member Posts: 706

3:00 am here. Can't sleep again.

• 2nd_time_around

hi hrf, you're not alone!

Sassy, how was your day? That must have been some breakfast!