Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Hi 2nd, yes the SD ladies are great and I know you will enjoy meeting them if you get to the next lunch.

Hi Tessa and welcome. All of your concerns are very valid and the easiest way to handle them is to take them one at a time as 2nd suggested and enlist the help of family, friends, people in your neighborhood or church group. There may also be support as in helpers that can be suggested by your treating hospital that you can utilize while you are getting over the worst. Deep breath and try to relax a little......hard I know but you are going to have to keep a cool head to get through all that is before you.

Love n hugs girls. Chrissy

• TessaW
    TessaW Member Posts: 148

I do have a stool and a couple friends that would help with meals. It's just all so fast and overwhelming. In 2-3 months I go from dx to mx? (by myself no less) Ugh, breathe.....

I tried some of that dry shampoo you suggested but it's making my scalp itch. Allergic reaction maybe? Figures. LOL

• ananda8
    ananda8 Member Posts: 1,418

Tessa,

Perhaps you could have a movable shower head installed, the kind you can take off the hook and hold in your hand.  There are even shower heads that move up and down a bar so you won't have to reach up to take it down. 

Perhaps your children can learn to cook.  I just finished watching "Master Chef Junior" and a 10 year old made it to the semi-finals.  Kids can do a lot to help.

This is a tough time for you and you must just be reeling.  Best wishes.ThumbsUp

• TessaW
    TessaW Member Posts: 148

Not self I love that show! I missed the very last episode so don't tell me who won. Smile My son likes it too. I think Jack should've won it myself.

My shower head does come off the high holder which is good. I have a feeling he's going to be eating a lot of cereal.

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Tessa, just take one step at a time. How old is your son? My DD wasn't yet 3 when I had my 1st mx (and chemo), she would "help" me feel better with her favorite pbj&s (sprinkles sandwiches). Lol! She flt that was her way to help. Let me know his age, maybe it's life-skill time for him (like learning to make eggs, Mac & cheese, heat soup...

After I got dry shampoo, read somewhere that a light sprinkle of baby powder in your hair/scalp area also works.

• 2nd_time_around

you who... Anyone there?

• Pawprint
    Pawprint Member Posts: 354

Hi 2nd.....still too early here in Southern Cal to say we can't sleep yet?.. :-) me, well damn kidney stone 12 mm. Should be getting surgery early next week. So sleep has been bad with crazy pain off and on when the stone moves slightly. Why can't you sleep?

• 2nd_time_around

Hi Brokendreams! So sorry to hear about the kidney stone, ouch! Big ouch! Maybe it is early here but the boards are quiet. Seems like I just can't fall asleep unless I'm not feeling well. This crazy weather has been giving me seasonal allergies/migraine headaches earlier this week and zonked on meds. Now, I'm just not tired.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

We lost one of our sisters on the 12th. We just found out today Veggy--Valerie Elisabeth Graham.

• 2nd_time_around

SAS, so sorry to hear that about the newest angel, Veggy. I remember reading some of her posts when I was new to BCO and checking out threads.

Broken dreams: how are you feeling?

This thread has been quiet - hoping the US ladies are getting restful sleep and others from around the world have been having too much fun to be stopping by here.

• Pawprint

So sad about Veggy and also Spamgirl...

I am doing pre-op in the morning, surgery scheduled for 1:30 Monday . Hopefully I won't be a stoner anymore :-)

• Pawprint

Crazy hot weather today , 90 degrees...doesn't seem fall like at all.

• 2nd_time_around

fall? Hardly! DH turned on AC a couple hours ago (I'm freezing!). Insanely hot for this time of year!

Hoping you get some sleep tonight, Monday probably can't come soon enough for you! What part of So Cal are you in? Pls don't answer if it's too personal.

• Pawprint

2nd,

I live near Canyon Lake...work in OC. Hope you sleep. Sounds like you have a very busy day ahead of you.

• 2nd_time_around

broken dreams, gee, we're almost neighbors (uh, sorta, it's a big stretch), hoping you don't have to do the 15/91 every day and can take the more southern routes. Don't envy anyone with that drive!

• Pawprint

Where do you live 2nd time? Yes the 15/91 are horrible. But I pick my own work hours and avoid a lot of the traffic.

• Pawprint

Thanks for the PM 2nd.....I am going to try and sleep now.

• sas-schatzi

Yoo- hoo anyone up?

• chrissyb

Hi ya Sas!.....lol......girl you could wake the dead with that yell!...hahahaha!

• sas-schatzi

Hi

• sas-schatzi

Hi my friend---funny. It worked though. How are you

• chrissyb

What you doing besides not sleeping?

• sas-schatzi

Wide awake,  but alas no wine to sip.

• sas-schatzi

Getting ready for the holidays. Procrastination has been a visitor so, he's slowing things down :)

• chrissyb

I'm doing just fine......still giggling at the yoohoo......lol. Been busy this last week as my eldest GS turned legal (18) so had to drive to the city to celebrate and his brother turns 16 on Monday so resting up ready for another foray to the city for his celebration.

• chrissyb

Oh yeah, I know him......he visits here very often too although I wish he wouldn't.....lol.

• sas-schatzi

Multiple project going, but stuff like decluttering cleaning , I seem to find excuses for. My deadline of course is Thanksgiving. You must be a lady of leisure now that the weddings over. How's the vertigo----nausea-----hearing?

• sas-schatzi

That flood I had in the bathroom last January. Toilet is still on the deck. To get ready for the holidays I just set the basecupoards, countertop , and mirror in the BR It'll lok nice if the walls get tiled and everything is set right.

• sas-schatzi

Afraid to set the toilet in the room on the off chance someone makes a mistake and uses it. OH MY, that would be an embarrassment all around

• chrissyb

I've not had much rest as I had to go through all my photos and pic four to be part of the local Gallery's next exhibition.

The nausea is gone.....thank goodness.......but I'm still deaf (dang it!). I do weave a bit when walking like i've had a few too many but I can assure you there is no alcohol involved. I have an appointment with my doc on Monday so will discuss this problem further with him then.