Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

actually, was just bumping. Didn't sleep much or well last night, so was just stopping by.

How have you been?

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

No reason I can't sleep, but it's not happening. Took my sleepers now, but it'll be an hour before they work. Then tomorrow will be all mixed up

• sas-schatzi

Total body pain party  TBPP tonight

• sas-schatzi

maddy where'd you go? I just put on a pain patch. first one in months.

• 2nd_time_around

sorry, that sucks the big! Hate pain!

Just got the BCO email about your PM, timely....

I'm exhausted mentally, emotionally, physically, just a crap day with lots of crying... Just one of those days (really, weeks). My favorite sleep aid is my heating pad on my back and between my shoulders, calms my back muscles and puts me to sleep

• 2nd_time_around

sorry, one finger typing, using the other to prop up my head

• sas-schatzi

Well........ today I bought a toilet seat. Special toilet. Special toilet seat---83.50. The toilet I bought for the other bathroom was only about 150.00 Sheesh. Finished AArp drivers program, now i'll get a discount on insurance. Found a new stove, at least when I finally get the other bathroom done and paid for.

Pain is from Monday cleaning day. AND I hired someone to clean. BUT I worked along side her. Big project . Certain area in house is major labor intensive spot. Dividing wall between two rooms. Lots of antiques and artifacts and basket and greenery. All washed and put back up. Only do it once a year now b/c it's tooo much work.

How about you?

• sas-schatzi

AHh dear friend had a crying thing. Her therapist at MD Anderson put her on Lexapo her quote "Best for the crying"

• 2nd_time_around

any reason for the sudden pain? Like major weather change? Had that last week - both weather change & pain

What kind of pain patch and more importantly, does it work?

• sas-schatzi

Pain story above. Fentanyl ------yes it's great, but long story. Forget do you have a llot of pain?

• sas-schatzi

If you do have allot of pain we should chat. I'll teach you about stuff, that will MAKE the docs LISTEN!

• sas-schatzi

2nd are you forget to refresh? or typing a book LOL?

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Hi ya Sas!

• 2nd_time_around

we had major water damage end of July: same day I drove my parents to my home in So Cal as we just packed their home in Las Vegas, day after DD moved back home after 1st year in college (living with roommates and condo got sold) so her bed was just left in the living room. Water damage in dining room. Exactly 3 weeks from revision surgery (when I was supposed to be taking it easy) so I pawned the water probs on DH because I had to go to parents place the next day to unload their furniture, stuff and home - we had a relocation service but I, like you, helped (more than I should have). DH didn't get repairs scheduled till Oct. Long story, DH finally moved bed and furniture so I could get to china and glasses and stuff to be washed and put away. Looking at stuff made me realize how much my life veered from the course I thought it would take when I married 21 years ago. I've been considering a divorce but "life" is getting in the way, like BC and no job....

• sas-schatzi

I see you read Chrissy's great adventure. We had a ball. WE snuck into the Fountainbleu in Miamii. Swam in the ocean. Talked mostly all night. People came from all over to see her when she'd be in a spot. She's well loved :)

• 2nd_time_around

getting caught up.

Hi Chrissy! Day time there?

No, very little physical pain, thank God, mine is more mental and emotional

• chrissyb

Hi 2nd!

Awe Sas, you make me blush!

• sas-schatzi

You're joking about the divorce ---right? I had a bathroom flood in Jan. I have all the stuff to finish the bathroom. except the tile. SOOOOOOO, the toilet is still on theeeeeeeeee pool deck> I'm going to have to decorate it for Xmas.

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy Hugshugshugs, I have a cousin going to your Melbourne for a year. Would it be okay to get your info and give it to her?

• 2nd_time_around

yeah, I understand about the famous Chrissy. I met HB Cheryl about a month ago and we started talking about Chrissy's fabulous adventures (and about the San Diego ladies' get-togethers). I had to miss the last San Diego get-together a couple weeks ago.

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy's here right now. First post top of this page. I yoo-hoo'd her too, the same way I did you. Quickest way to get someone to know your here :)

• chrissyb

Sure Sas..........but I'm a long way from Melbourne but I do have a phone and Skype on the computer.......lol. I don't mind if she? contacts me at all.

• 2nd_time_around

SAS, funny about the toilet! I owned a townhouse before marriage, there was someone who had a toilet on the balcony, it wasn't a fun conversation piece.

Edited: my brain is getting tired!

• chrissyb

2nd have you been to one of the lunches in San Diego? The girls down there are great and we had a fabulous day!

• sas-schatzi

Well, they may meander your way for a visit. there very adventuresome. She's 28 now I think.

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy send me your info by PM. and I will get it to here. Do you mind if she comes for a visit--like maybe a weekend?

• chrissyb

Loads of people come over to SA for a weekend and a look around the Barossa........that's one of the wine areas. It's about an eight hour drive or a 40 minute flight.

• sas-schatzi

She's backpacked in Brazil. I think went to Thailand. Now it's going to be a year in Aussie land.

• 2nd_time_around

divorce? Unfortunately, very serious about it, but I'm trapped right now... No income, there's no way... I'm tired of arguing, tired of being taken for granted and treated like the unpaid maid.... Don't want to go down that road right now, can explain another time

• chrissyb

Sas, she would be more than welcome to come and stay for how ever long she wants. My little town is full of history and is very quaint.....we get loads of visitors because of it. I'll PM you my details.

Tell her that she just needs to give me a ring to organise it as I will have to pick her up from the city if she doesn't drive over. No problem with that by the way.