Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

She would do something like that. She's traveling with a fella. He's like her protector. She's a corker of fun.

• sas-schatzi

Which city would that be Barra?

• sas-schatzi

2nd so sorry, Couples counceling--would it help?

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Chrissy, only met Cheryl a month ago and didn't know about the San Diego ladies till she told me. I'm actually just north of San Diego (sort of, about 70+ miles, depending on location). I went to San Diego State University decades ago (literally). I only knew of the LA ladies thread but haven't met them either.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

2nd, if you really want to get back on track and so does he, couples counselling is a good start but you have to be prepared to work at it 100%.......both of you not just one. If he doesn't believe there is a problem it is going to be hard work.

Sas, PM sent. Burra is a little town about two hours by road from the city of Adelaide.

• sas-schatzi

2nd It is fun to get together. I chat on the phone allot. But will be getting a few together soon on west coast Florida.

Chrissy, how's the hearing and dizziness?

• sas-schatzi

If she flew where would you pick her up? What city. She''ll likely google it :)

• chrissyb

2nd if you can try and get to one of the lunches as they are a great bunch and always welcome new ladies into the group. Cheryl is a lovely lady and full of beans.......lol......I honestly don't know where she gets her energy......lol

• chrissyb

Sas, I would pick her up no probs and she would have to fly into Adelaide. I'm about two hours north west by road.

I'm still as deaf as a post on the left side.......I have a feeling that there is something going on as I have had a lot of pain up my shoulder and neck on that side so it wouldn't surprise me. I walk like a drunken woman.....lol ......but I can't say I'm dizzy.......does that make sense?

• sas-schatzi

Her mom was hesitant when I brought it up---typical right. Wants to keep her tucked away with the family they are staing wit. But Katherine's into seeking.

• chrissyb

Gotta go get dinner as DH is telling me that he's hungry.........BBL if you are still here, I'll check.

• chrissyb

Sas, if she's here she might as well see as much as possible.......I can show her a bit of SA if that's what she would like (and her friend is also welcome).

Gotta go feed the man!....BBL

• sas-schatzi

Have you seen an ENT doc. There are several test that could be run. Brain MRI to rule out mets, I know you get that. Then a test on the hearing cranial nerve. AND the simplest test is for crystals slipping in the labryrith of the inner here.

When mine slip , it a roller coaster ride. Sometimes I walk goofy too. Fallen over the dogs four times. But that was b/c of not seeing them twice, another was a dog hole in front yard, fourth what on ceramic tile from them being wet coming in the door

• sas-schatzi

Tell him I send a huge hug

• sas-schatzi

2nd di you go too? If yes, I'm going to play free cell.

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy, leave either her or a Pm describing onst of symptoms. What makes it worse, What makes it better. Does it readiate anywhere? I think you said the shoulder. Makes be thin of the cervical plexus of cranial nerves at the back of the neck. Don't know if that cranial nerve drops down

Mine started after DBF and I knoked our heads together pretty hard for each of us, while having sex. It was fun until the. ENT doc says he here's story's like that all the time. I hit right where they did the brain sx. It still hurts and it's been a year and a half. Watch out for the step to the lounge.

• sas-schatzi

I'm off to play. will check back in:):) HappyBawlingWinking

• chrissyb

I'm back! Dinner was an easy one tonight, just some cold chicken and salad with some steamed whole baby potatoes.........served and eaten.......lol.

Mmmm, when did all this start........after the wedding I got a chest infection and was on anti B's for a week.......a couple of days after I had a bad dose of vertigo....so bad that I couldn't move without throwing up nor could I read or watch tele.......not that I felt like doing either. That lasted about ten days and it was in the middle of that that my hearing just went........no warning and no other symptom......gone. The worst of the vertigo lasted as I said about ten days but in total, almost three weeks before I could say that the vertigo was truly gone. The hearing has neither gotten worst nor better but it is total with tinitus....... It really is weird hearing in mono and sounds sound totally different and direction is really up to putt. If I hear a noise I have no idea where it's coming from where usually I could tell immediately what direction I needed to turn.

My shoulder and neck pain has been getting worse over the last twelve months and it is on the side where the cancer was in the bone so I wouldn't be surprise if it has decided to move. If I lay the wrong way, my thumb, index and middle fingers go numb and I know that tells me that the compression is in the neck so I'm thinking I need to get that thoroughly checked. I did have a CT with contrast of the head about eight weeks ago as I had some balance issues with some sight issues thrown in for good measure but that all cam back clean so I know there are no mets in the brain but I didn't look at how far they went down into the neck area.......note to self, check out the CT of head.

I am due to see my doc again on the 17th so if there is still no improvement I will ask about seeing an ENT.

• pupmom
    pupmom Member Posts: 1,032

Hi, I'm currently an insomniac, but not for the usual reasons. I have a very old dog who probably has a brain tumor. She has weird behaviors, including barking in the middle of the night. I treat this with a calming medication, but it takes awhile to kick in. So that leaves me awake until she goes back to sleep. And judging from her, just now, crashing into her comfy, I think that time may be soon. Thank goodness I am retired!!

Happy zzzzzzzz to all!

• 2nd_time_around

sorry to hear Yorkiemom. Hope you got some sleep

I took a potty break, turned into night ritual and iPad shut off. Instead of picking it up, just went to bed

See you all later tonight!

• 2nd_time_around

hi ladies, any one there?

• chrissyb

HI 2nd, I just logged on.....you still here?

• sas-schatzi

Hi 2nd, but got to go to bed, I fell asleep at the computer soaking my fingers and just noticed I have vinegar on the keyboard. Hope all is well. 

• 2nd_time_around

I guess I just crashed. Worked me good at PT yesterday. Sinus meds + acetaminophen + comfy recliner + heating pad = crash!

• 2nd_time_around

bumping

• TessaW
    TessaW Member Posts: 148

I'm surprised there are this many of us still up at 2 am.

I just can't sleep. It's all too much. Kinda dreading all the work I have to catch up on tomorrow, but what else do ya do?

• 2nd_time_around

hi Tessa, welcome! Yes, some of us have problems sleeping. I've always been a night owl, so this isn't a surprise. I took 2 naps today, now I'm wide awake.

Hi Sassy, Chrissy and Yorkiemom! Since it's the weekend, I. An understand why this thread is quiet.

Chrissy, SD ladies are planning next get-together for Dec, I'm hoping together to that one. It was so cool meeting Cheryl, it brought BCO really close to home, not just faceless virtual friends. The SD ladies seem to have a lovely friendship and they're not terribly far from me (actually probably just as close/far away as the LA ladies, but they don't appear to get together very often).

• 2nd_time_around

Yorkiemom, can your fur baby be barking at something that is really there that you can't see?

Hoping you get some rest

• TessaW
    TessaW Member Posts: 148

So I'm reading on how after mx you're unable to lift your arms to bathe, open the fridge, etc.

How the heck am I supposed to deal with all of THAT?? I'm a single mom and don't have anyone to cook meals or wash my hair.

Sad

• 2nd_time_around

Tessa, take a breath! Let's take each of your concerns and plan. About meals: do you have friends/family who want to help? Lots of my friends wanted to help, so I asked them for meals, some right away, some to freeze & microwave in smaller portions. I have a small plastic 1-step stool I could move by pushing with my foot, that helped getting in cupboards and putting stuff in microwave. Can you make a couple meals ahead of time and freeze?

Let friends help with hair washing, house cleaning, whatever you're comfortable with. For hair washing, I had spray-on dry shampoo and learned that I could kneel in the bath tub and wash my hair directly under the faucet. Not the best, but could have cleaner hair.