Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Hi girls! It's now 12.13 am here and I got home from the city about half an hour ago........I'm bushed! Yup 2nd, my appointment was twelve hours ago now and it went well. I have a referral and an appointment with an ENT on the 6th December.........my doc organized it himself while I was in his office with him and he told them the sooner the better as there were balance issues as well as the deafness. As I told him today, I don't care if I'm permanently deaf, I'll just go get a hearing aide but I do want to know why and how.........the biggest downer to all of this is he told me I'm not allowed to drive until it's all sorted as he said there is definitely some impairment that could be dangerous not only to me but to others as well. I haven't told my DH yet that he has to drive me around until I'm sorted as I'm not sure what he will say........probably not much but I thought I'd let it go until he feels a little better.......he has gotten himself a touch of food poisoning from some smoked salmon that he ate at dinner time (I was not home to supervise)......sigh!......if it's not one thing, it's another but I guess that's what life is all about.......lol.

By the time you read this I will more than likely be counting the zzzzzz's.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

sleep in peace Chrissy! Must have been a l-o-n-g day for you: at least 5 hours commute, plus office wait time, plus appt... So sorry about the no driving, that's adding insult to injury? Hopefully, you get some restful sleep, hope you check back in later.

Sassy, what's happening with you?

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Hi 2nd , Slept last night YAY, but had to do it with melatonin and 1 Ativan. Took them late, so I feel whumped. I'll try and use Notselfs method of three days in a row, take them early. See if I can reset the rhythm.

I have so much to do and putting off everything. Mr Procrastination is such a BAD house guest., just doesn't know when to leave.

Yes, breakfast and awakening were just delightful.

• 2nd_time_around

glad to hear! Be back tonite

• sas-schatzi

CHrissy, Bummer on the driving. Vertigo comes in a full spectrum of dizziness/balance issues. Sorry, you're on the more serious end of the spectrum. My issues with it are much less. I hope yours does follow mine in the regard that it is probably 75% improved since onset in April. Effectively week by week, month by month. I still am very carefull with positional change. I FINALLY learned that ,that one time I'm not , is the time I get very swooning and balance is kafluey.

The biggest trouble was getting up to the bathroom at night. b/c the brain wasn't really engaged, it was on automatic. Learned fast enough.

Real life style change for me.

Driving for me has not been an issue b/c I have to do certain things and have certain level changes for my crystals to slip. Nothing in driving causes a shift.  My crystals shift majorly with a deep bend at the waist,  moving from laying to standing, or standing to laying to fast.  Also, turning in bed. Modified all activity in that  for each behavior.

My other issue, I've had four falls related to the dogs. Two dogs 75 lbs each. Three b/c of Dini who moved in at Xmas. One with floor being wet at front door when they ran in after a rain.. So, besides getting up slower. I turn a light on to see where the dogs are. Also, If I enter a lowly lit room I turn on a light. I should wear shoes at all times. If I had shoes on with that wet floor , I would not have fallen. That's the one thing I haven't been faithful too.

Even cooking I had to change how I move. My dogs are very attached to me, but even more so with the two here.. They are known to want to lay at my feet. You know how you turn in the kitchen and move rapidly from one task to the next. I have to turn and look before I step. Takes my breath away each time this happens and one of them has moved in to lay at my feet.  Two of the falls were over them laying on the floor. Nothing is going to stop a fall over that solid of an object.

The positive--Chrissy you know I always try to find a positive. The positive is I am 63, I should be more careful. I don't think , feel, or act 63. I feel like I did in my 30's except for the pain is worse. The reality is I am 63, my body is not in it's 30's, I need to except the new reality. I keep drilling my new safety rituals in my head. Not easy LOL.

Now if I could just keep shoes on all the time.

• 2nd_time_around

not fun Sassy! Devoted fur babies! Can you wear those fancy socks with the rubber gripper things on the bottom? I hate shoes, especially indoors, getting used to gripper socks

• sas-schatzi

I'm talkative this morning Yak Yak Yak.  I laugh every time I think of , or use the word swooning. It's such an old word. It was much used in books earlier in the last century. Always wondered how it felt. as in "She swooned at his touch" LOL. Swooning for me is taking a roller coaster ride. I was never fond of roller coasters.. But it is fun getting kissed just as the crystals slid and "I swoon into his,  as the evening lite is blocked by the hurricane shade,  with the dogs nestled on the floor directlty in my path with no shows to be found"

• sas-schatzi

HRF Hi, sorry you aren't sleeping. It so can drag you down. There are so many approaches to trying to get back to normal. Try each suggestion until you find one that works. I'm going to add some things to the topic box I think. Check next time you're hereHappy

• sas-schatzi

2nd I do, but regretfully, I gave so many away. Yes , they do help. :)

• sas-schatzi

C&2nd&Not, I changed the topic box. tell me what you think?

• 2nd_time_around

love it Sassy! Will try again tonite (as I'm just getting up from a long nap)

• sas-schatzi

Krips I feel like I need a nap. LOL and it's 6 pm

• 2nd_time_around

again, I forever myself, I'm all messed up sleep-wise: 2 notes of 3 hr sleep each, then early 6 hour (Saturday nite) followed by a couple hours nap. Sinus probs, think I'm either fighting or have a sinus infection (migraine-strength headaches), gladly welcomed sleep

• sas-schatzi

2nd hard time reading --wrong glasses. Consider nose cleaning before bedtime. I have chronic sinus too. This is a variation on directions from ENT doc

Cup hands under faucet, warm water running, snort water into nose as high as you can. You can even lean head back. Then blow into sink occluding one side of the nose, repeat blocking the other nostril. Do over one week minimum. If it helps keep the passage clear. Continue. No change. Stop.

Depending how much garbage comes down from the sinuses you may have to do two weeks. Sounds gross, but oh well it is. 

Variation create a saline solution squirt up the nose and follow the same process. Saline solution was recommended by ENT soc.

I use tap water bb/c it's easy. The cholrine is less than pools and is an irritant to the tissue. Clears them out nicely. Someyimes so much clearing I have to do it  twice a day. Specially  in pollen season.

Hope this was on topic LOL I could be answering "how to drain a turkey :)

Would love yo see a study on it haven't had a cold in--can't remember.

TMI---ssassu

• chrissyb

Hi ya Sas an 2nd!

Just popping in before I head down to the framers and then the gallery to deliver my pics.

Sas the heading is good, it gives the relevant info for any who want to check it out and is welcoming for those that don't.

Well I hit the pillow last night or should I say early hours and after about thirty seven hours no sleep I think I slept like the dead.......heard nothing! not even my cat yelling at my for her breakfast. I think DH feels better this morning as he was gone when I finally opened my peeps coz the bladder was bursting!......lol.

Gotta get moving down to the framers but I'll BBL.

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy, they are all beautiful pics, but why is the green one so different? Besides landscapes, here lots of people collect barn pics . My brother has them alllllll over the place. Barns in the foreground, barns in the side area. barns in the background. Covered bridgs too, Farm implements in asetting of wild flowers. I think b/c we don't have that many left.  The shrinking country. --anything country.  The green appeals to me b/c it can go well with a modern décor versus the other three would be more comfortable in a more traditional setting. Helpful TMI opnion?

Glad Dh better. :) He's such a nice guy

• 2nd_time_around

sassy, thanks for the tips! I generally use saline nasal rinse (Neil Med squirt bottle, similar to netti-pot) in the morning. Don't see to have the problems at night so I've never tried that. What's strange is its always left sued only whether I sleep on left or right side or back. Usually fall only (that's why DX of seasonal allergies I guess), didn't have problems last year at this time (after mx/re on) but I was home all the time. Early 2012 went to ENT, did some kind of scan (can't remember), he couldn't find any probs. gave me asthma mx, didn't help at all so I stopped. Have nasal spray but that's not always effective either.

Chrissy, hoping you're getting a good night's rest. Where are they pictures I keep reading about? Should I go back in this threads history to find?

• ananda8
    ananda8 Member Posts: 1,418

Always boil water that is sniffed into the sinuses.  There are nasties that can live in tap water that are harmless to the gut but cause havoc in the sinuses.  Of course once the water is boiled, cover it with a lid and allow it to cool before using.

• chrissyb

I'm finally back! Pics matted a delivered to the gallery so now its a wait and see if they sell.

2nd I've posted them on a few threads so I'll see if I can get a link to one of them for you.

http://community.breastcancer.org/topic_post?forum_id=138&id=762058&page=270

Yay! I did it!.....lol. Scroll down the page and you will find them. This is the link to the Aussie girls thread.

• chrissyb

Sas when I took the blue/green one it was a bright, bright day and the colors were soooo incredible. I was then playing in my editing program and I accidentally enhanced the color which made it jumped out of the compute right at me so I left it I liked it so much. There is another version as well that I played with the clarity on and it does indeed look like a painting.

When I photograph things most of the time I leave as is but on occasion I play with them and by using manipulation I can do lots of things to them. Sometimes it work well and sometimes not.....thank goodness i can always go back to the original.....lol.

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy, Play allot, your green blueone that was a pleasant mistake stands out sssssssoooooooo much. You have a Picasso in youHappy

• sas-schatzi

NS yes the water ought to be boiled, but I'm lazy  Wash my teeth, nose cleaning, shower. The first time I suggested to a nursing assistant that a patient needed nose cleaning.  She was aghast. I said put goves on and pull those crusties out. Everyone else laughed, but sheesh we clean our noses regularly. Why wouldn't a patient need help if they couldn't do it themselves.

• chrissyb

Sas, how come you are not yet sleeping?

• sas-schatzi

2nd, try boiled water, notself is perfectly right. Lay your head back let it go as far as it'll go. Let it loosen. Then there she blows. The first week or so, lots of stuff will come out, and you may find lots of crusts. It's just getting the stuff out.

Do you think I should suggest that nose hygiene be added to the National Standard Curriculum?

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy, things are a worry right now. Not sleeping well.

• sas-schatzi

OMG 3:18 already

• sas-schatzi

Haven't slept well since Veggy died. Then a few other things are happening. BUT basically Veggy

• sas-schatzi

Gonna get teary eyed............Veggy was special, we went way back . had moments................

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy,2nd, ns where'd you all go?

• sas-schatzi

OH well, I'm alone.................