Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Okeydokey's alone again---------------

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy I know you'll check in again---how is Aly, she hasn't posted since Veggy passed.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Yeah Sas, I'm back, had to get and eat dinner.......now I can relax......lol.

Haven't heard from Aly in any great depth since Veggy but I do know she is getting excited for our get together in Sydney at the end of the month.

It's always hard when we lose friends but life does go on and we always have our memories.........grief is hard to let go sometimes but I say, miss them and their humanity but let them go and laugh about the memories........they would all prefer laughter to tears......I know I would.

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy I agree...............For me a Irish Wake.          Okay going to bed. LOVE & HUGS Sassy

• chrissyb

Sleep well Sas! Catch up tomorrow.

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

good morning! At least here.

Chrissy, thanks for the link - those photos are amazing! Love, love, love the blue/green one and rainbows too! You are extremely talented! I have a double rainbow pic taken in my back yard on my FB page

For nasal rinse: have always been told to use distilled water (never tap). Boiled, cooled, refrigerated, warmed is better?

Took a sinus pill (the non-drowsy kind) around 7 last night, started watching DWTS, only saw a couple minutes. Pretty much slept straight thru till 7 (fell asleep in the recliner with a throw blanket, DH must have thought I was cold so added a blanket and I woke up briefly sweating). Non-drowsy pills usually knock me out.

DH has a rare blood disorder which causes EXTREME itching, like from the inside out (he even has pills for itching but they don't work), tells me warm showers make it much worse, so it's quick luke-warm ones for him. Do you think the vinegar would help? Funny thing, he hates vinegar (smell, taste) in anything.

• ananda8
    ananda8 Member Posts: 1,418

Vinegar might not work if your tap water is acidic.  If you tap water is alkaline, vinegar will work.  You can test the water with those little test strips that turn blue for acid and pink for alkaline.  I think you can get them from a pharmacy without prescription.

If your water is acidic try wiping the itchy area with a solution of baking soda and water.  It an be added to the bath water.

Another soothing thing would be Epson salts in bath water.  Epson salts work for aches and pains as well.

• 2nd_time_around

thanks NS, will pass info along. DH can't take a bath, too much time in water, he would never try. But I'll keep it in mind

• MaryLW
    MaryLW Member Posts: 1,585

notself, I'm going to try the Epsom salts in bath water. It sounds soothing. I itch all the time, but especially at night. I guess that's because I have nothing to distract me. I have open sores and bruises from when I lose control and just scratch and scratch. My itchiness is from Afinitor. I don't know whether my water is alkaline or acidic, so I'll need to check that out.

• naiviv
    naiviv Member Posts: 308

ChrissyB

Are pics online? I would love to see.

Vivian

• chrissyb

Hi Viv, if you go back a little ways on this thread I posted a link to a thread on BCO which has them. Look for a post from me to 2nd_time_round and you will see it in blue.......just click on that and it will take you straight there.

2nd, glad you like them.

• naiviv
    naiviv Member Posts: 308

I found them they are beautiful, you have an excellent eye.

V

• 2nd_time_around

just checking in! Still early here (7 PM), and I have to finish dinner and clean kitchen. Am planning on coming back.

V - welcome, glad you found the pix, I'm pretty new here myself

• 2nd_time_around

checking in, it's quiet tonight

• ndgrrl
    ndgrrl Member Posts: 645

GRRRRR.. frustrating when I can not sleep :)

• 2nd_time_around

I hear you, ndgrrl!

• ndgrrl

Someday I will sleep again- ha

• 2nd_time_around

I go many nights with little sleep, then I pass out (that's what happened to me last night). My DH and DD turn in early (they usually come home after 7 PM) so I'm home alone a lot. Nice to have company from this thread.

I'm surprised Sassy and Chrissy haven't checked in. Hope I didn't chase them away.....Sad

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700

hi all! its too early to not be able to sleep, so i just stay up till i am ready to drop, and then sometimes make it to the bed. then, i fall asleep reading the compyter or a book, and then am amazed how many times i DO fall asleep, but then i fight it. not tonight. im goin to bed. i hope. so good nite all, and have fun talkin with each othr.....11;14 here.

• 2nd_time_around

good night Kathec! Hoping you have sweet dreams! I wish it was that easy for me

• chrissyb

2nd I'm here! I will have to interrupt the conversation a bit later as I will need to get dinner but right now I'm here.......lol.

Thanks Viv and all for your lovely compliments re my pics. I never think they are good enough but you are all changing my mind on that score.

• 2nd_time_around

Hi Chrissy! I don't think I'm ever going to be able to figure out our time difference, so it's dinner time Wednesday? How does the future look? Do dinner when you need to.

And, YES, Chrissy you are very talented with your picture taking!, nice country to capture.

So, the seasons are different there. I've always wondered, here Santa comes in the snow, does he arrive in a swim suit and surf board there?

• chrissyb

Yup, he sure does......lol......here we all Hope for a cool Christmas that is the temperature under 30 celcius but doesn't happen too often.

December is the first month of our summer and the time difference for you is about 13 or 14 hours and we are the next day to you..........so yes, the time right now is 6.23pm Wednesday 20th November.

• 2nd_time_around

hmmmm, it's just after midnight here now, also Wednesday. 18 hours difference? Don't understand the difference in minutes however. Chrissy, I forgot, what time of year were you out here in California? For "fun" Santa on surf board, but tradition is snow. Also, here he comes down the chimney, does he do that too there?

• chrissyb

Oh yeah, the chimney is a must but there are now many houses with out chimneys so we tell the kids that he has a magic chimney for each house. Traditionally we have the same as you, cards are with Santa in the full suite and snow and if we take kids to see Santa he is in the traditional costume. I think now it's becoming a bit more Aussie with Santa on a surfboard........lol.

I was in California at the end of September. I left Aus on the 29th August and arrived home 7th October. All of September was spent in the USA as well as a couple of days in October and then the last of the trip was spent in New Zealand.

• 2nd_time_around

thanks, Chrissy! Have a great evening, I'm actually ready for sleep. Back tomorrow. Have you heard from Sassy?

• chrissyb

Haven't heard from her tonight but I do know she was going to try the three night reset of her body clock so maybe that's why she didn't pop in.

Sleep well and I see you tomorrow.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• ndgrrl

3 night reset of the body clock? Does that work. If so I certainly need to reset mine.

• chrissyb

ndgrrl according to Sas it does.......apparently you go to bed at a normal time what ever you choose but not late, you take a sleeping aide to make sure you sleep and you do it on three consecutive nights and then see if you sleep on the fourth if not do it for the next three nights.

I should try thins myself......lol.

• Pawprint
    Pawprint Member Posts: 354

Hi all, I need to try that 3 -night reset ...been up off and on. As 2nd already knows, I am recurring from the first of a 2- part kidney stone surgery. Had a ureter stent put in on Monday. In pain, even with the pain medication, and it makes you feel like you have to pee all the time, and when you do it's like peeing glass....ouch. Been having fevers so can't blast the kidney stone or the infection would spread. Been on antibiotics for a month, taking penicillin now. It might rain here in southern California today. Interesting how weatherman gets a salary even when predictions are wrong.