Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Hi all

Lots of you up tonight what is going on?

• Pawprint
    Pawprint Member Posts: 354

Hi Alyson......lots went to bed already. I took pain med and trying to sleep...dealing with kidney stone. Had one surgery on Monday to put in ureter stent. Ouch.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

I'm still here BD......I was just consuming my share of the pizza.......lol......good it was too! I've got to send an email for DH (wish he would learn how to do it himself) and then I'll be back.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

BD, I'm still mystified that I pitched that stone. I still have MY Mary's gallstone's from 1972 b/c she couldn't throw them out. DUH. I have a magnifying glass so it was just beautiful looking at this equistite(sic) little thing about the size of the tip of a ball point pen That had so much detail. Never mind that I had just spent 4 hours using Lamaze breathing techniques as the pain waves hit. 

The AI's are poison. I absolutely believe it was responsible. Also, on Aug 30(31?) I had a shingle vaccine. Within 24 hrs. developed neuropothy of arms and legs that lasted for months and abdominal pain that last almost a year. PCP absolutely said their couldn't be a connection. I should have reported it as an adverse event myself. Sept 4th I took my last aromasin.

I was on Miacalcin too as my osteopenia drug. It was likely involved too. Stopped that also. Not sure why the stone in Nov., but no stone problems since.

Only 10% of stones involve women.

I haven't had a stent , but had plenty of patients that have, whooey not nice.

--------------------------------

Chrissy, what did I miss, 6 years congrats?

Alyson, again glad you're okay from the accident.

Ndgrll, we met someplace else didn't we---port thread, constipation ???

2nd I did go to sleep, but not until I took a valium. talk about drug loaded. But feeling good this morning. And ready for a nap after I do battle with the insurance company.

Everyone have a nice sleep or waking :) sassy

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy, read back, about your new baby in the family. So nice . it can be so hard on someone that wants a baby and they have difficulty. I don't remember if I told you DH and I were married 12 years before DS came. We had given up hope many years before that. Oh the ribbing we took. Generally along the lines of "you finally figured out how to do it".  Medical/nursing people have a ribald sense of humor.

• chrissyb

Lol Sas....I hear you on the learning bit......not a problem here though, five weeks is all it took me AND I was on the pill at the time! Fertile little bugger I was....thank god those days are well and truly gone! Not six years for me, it has taken my Nephew and wife six years to get their bundle of joy.

It is a month off ten years for the BC original dx and four and a half for stage IV........didn't think I would see it but it's almost here.

I'm just about to go to bed as it is 2.00am and I'm starting to yawn.....good sign that it's time.....catch you tomorrow!

• sas-schatzi

Well ole girl, glad your still around. Never met anyone quite like you. You've brought allot of us together. Your just a fun gal. When we met and had the afternoon together. No plan, just made it up as we drove. Taking the road east until we hit water, having a swim in the ocean, asking that bloke to move off so we could get dressed at the side of the car. Then driving south. In a town of fine restaurants we have a hot dog and a pastry. I'll never forget the two of us holding arms jumping up and down like school girls after sneaking into the Fountainbleau in Miami. Then staying up half the night gabbing. Poor 3Jays and Morty were beside themselves thinking we were off lost someplace. Not often in a lifetime, you have that much fun with someone you've never met. Congratulations on your anniversaries, my friend, sassy

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Hi ladies, just a quick check in. Cold damp weather today and my chest area aching, want to get to sleep. If I stay on here for a while, I'll get hooked and won't get to sleep for hours. How are you all doing?

BD, how are you feeling? Hoping a whole lot better.

Chrissy, you talking about the pizza, have to get some this weekend. Congrats on almost 10 years! That's such a great feeling.

Sassy, DH's parents were married over 15 years before the first baby came along (they were foster parents, adopted DH's older brother, DH's sister came along a little over a year later, my DH a year and a half later). Sometimes, it's just crazy how things turn out.

Good night all!

• sas-schatzi

2nd, it is strange how things occur, but it worked out wonderful. Sounds the same for your DH's family. My closest friend here in town, she was born when her parents were married 20 years. Ds is now 29 and is just a delightful person.

Had a full nights sleep and no meds YAY

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy, I know you understand me calling you "ole gal" but in case a lurker doesn't, and may be thinking  how awful is this person to say ole gal. We want to get old, and recognize that each day is a gift and each year is a prize.

There is just really a flood of awful things happening to friends on my other home thread. Your anniversaries are so uplifting. Your spirit of tackling so many things is catchy. It's spurring me forward. Thanks babe. sassy

• 2nd_time_around

sassy, for what it's worth, read "ole gal" as an endearing term to a good friend. Now, "old girl" carries an entirely different meaning for me......

Chrissy, thinking of you right now. Channel surfing, flipped to a program about the coolest places on earth. They're talking about Australia now, Perth, Coober Pedy, Queensland and Great Barrier Reef in particular. You're one of the few Australians I "know".

While I didn't get hooked on Insomniacs thread last night, I got hooked on a stupid program so I didn't get to sleep as early as I wanted. My DH accidentally locked one of the cats out of the bedroom last night so she and the other one had a tiff over which one would sleep next to me (I sleep in the guest room as he snores something awful and my constant shifting to get comfortable drives him crazy.) There's more than enough of me to go around! Fell asleep to hissing and growling noise, woke up this morning and they're inches from one another. Go figure!

Happy Saturday (or Sunday) all!

• Pawprint

Hi 2nd

Your cats sound adorable. Hope you're sinuses are feeling better. Weather changing again. I am trying to cut back on pain medication so I can think clearer. Still in the same amount of pain. Really have fallen in love with my heating pad. I hope you got your phone figured out and your alerts and notifications are working as they should. Enjoy your night.

• 2nd_time_around

hi BD, good to hear from you, so sorry there's no improvement on the pain front. Pain sucks! I find my heating pad is so soothing at times. These weather changes are crazy! Can you see snow in the mtns from where you are? We have a perfect view of Wrightwood (from the front yard) - looks cool with snow on top.

I think I'm ahead of my sinuses, for now, thanks. Hoping it lasts a while. Still don't understand the phone, some features are better, some are worse than last. The cats are funny, but not nearly as smart as my little buddy that we lost earlier this year. DH said he got a photo of me and the long-haired one last night - we were asleep on the recliner with our heads to one side, the same way. Hoping your pains eases up.

• sas-schatzi

BD, yes hope pain improves. Wish I could do something magical and make it go away.

2nd if you see me do this   @nd   That's you. It's a poor typing skill thing. I do it so often. Then I have to go back and change it. Did we talk--forget of course---about you having to get the ovaries out? It may have been someone else. If it's you remember to remind me to tell you about heating pads and abdominal sx.

It's only 10 pm, but we crashed @ 8;30. and I'm up.

• chrissyb

Just heading up to the Gallery for the Opening party.....I'll see if I can sneak a quick pic of my pics on the wall.

Sas you can call me ole girl any time you want, I know it's said with love and friendship.

BBL!

• 2nd_time_around

Chrissy, wow! First gallery showing? You ought to be really proud, your photos are spectacular!

Sassy, am used to do that notation. Must have been someone else about ovaries. Was told that would have been a consideration IF I had the BRCA1/2 mutation but since I don't thankfully, they didn't see it being necessary (at least for now). Am post-menopausal, is that a factor?

Hoping everyone gets restful sleep tonight! Sweet dreams, friends!

• chrissyb

I'm back! Was really chuffed at seeing my art on the wall amoungst all the others and well and truly holding it's own.

image Not long after I got there the lady at the front desk came over to me with another woman who wanted to meet me. She wanted me to sign the picture she had just bought! Yes, I have officially sold a photograph at my first exhibition! Amazing!!! It is the one at the top in the pic above.

Maddy if you are post meno there is no reason to remove the ovaries ad they have shut down anyway.

• 2nd_time_around

Here's to Chrissy, the professional photographer! Woo-hoo! It's a little hard to see the photos (is the top one upside down?) they look like the ones you posted previously. Are you planning a second exhibition?

Good to know about the post-menopause/ovaries thing, would prefer as few surgeries as possible!

Enjoy your Sunday all! I'm calling it a night (actually 1 am here) and turning in.

• chrissyb

Maddy, they are the same pics just wanted to show them on the walls......lol. They are the right side up. I have been asked to participate in the Country Womens' exhibition to be held in June or July next year so I will probably be doing something for that either a combination of textile art and photographics or just photographics........it depends on how motivated I am with getting some textiles done.

• hrf
    hrf Member Posts: 706

another night.....no sleep. This is exhausting.

• Pawprint

Chrissyb

Beautiful pics...didn't know you are an artist.

Hrf...why can't you sleep?

• chrissyb

Hi BD and Hrf, it's pretty awful when you need to sleep and can''t........I took a pill last night and slept like a baby (one without colic!).......lol. Sure hope you both manage some tonight.

BD I so wish I could have used my talent when I was much younger but then family and work got in the way........at least cancer has given me the time to do the things I love.

• sas-schatzi

Congratulations Chrissy--chuffed eh? New word for us LOL

@nd, actually my thought was about the heating pad. It  helps post sx pain for the abdomen. So, many people having different procedures, it's like "Who's On First".

• ananda8
    ananda8 Member Posts: 1,418

It's 2:00am here.  I was sleeping but woke.  I just took 1/2 an ambien and I'm waiting for it to kick in.  I hope everyone else is sleeping peacefully.

• chrissyb

Notself, hope the Ambien kicks in quickly so you can get back to sleep.

• Pawprint

Notself

I hope that 1/2 of sleeping pill helps. It sucks when you can't sleep. Good luck on getting some rest.

• ananda8
    ananda8 Member Posts: 1,418

Thanks for the good wishes.  The Ambien is starting to take affect.  These nights are fairly rare now that I am off Arimidex. 

• Alyson

Hi you lot, what are you doing here at this time????

• chrissyb

Aly they can't sleep and I'm eating dinner......lol.

• Alyson

They must have gone off by now, its nearly time to get up in the Eastern States.